The List; Iconsistancies-Redundacies-OP/UP/Bugs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karmavore, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I believe being un-playable is enough reason for a buff... This time around poxnora should be focused on making as many runes as possible viable, this is exactly that happens with every other revamp, things get buffed others not so much... Power creep is evident and then meta is switched leaving the viable rune pool somewhere in the 250-350 mark... To me this isn't acceptable. I want to be able to play just about every rune within' my faction.

This is a good step to help lessen some of the headache Gedden will face when looking at a rune and saying "what do I do with this." All you've done is (like in every thread) troll the people who have put forth effort, say our opinions are "not well reasoned, rational or explained." What I'm I supposed to compare and unplayable rune to? Another unplayable rune?

Here I'll do a comparison for you.
    My Dugon Garu Stalwart is: 88 nora with BP3/BM3
    8dmg
    6spd
    2def
    58hp

Skeletal Lerper is 83 nora W/ Surge2 it's 89 nora with far greater dmg potential than dugon.
    10dmg
    6spd
    1def
    49hp

I don't even....

2. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Strongly disagree with the buff to harbs. I have 2, so don't say I'm crying because I can't get them please.

3. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

I agree with the statement that limited runes are collectors items, and are hardly fitting for competitive environments. Making them viable should hardly be a priority before making any of the non-limited runes viable. Even then, if the runes are made viable, they shouldn't be given a unique role, as that role would be unobtainable by a large majority.

gillo likes this.
  4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Nice imputs, will quote you in the ST Balance and Tweak Suggestions Thread.

5. goldmonkee

goldmonkee I need me some PIE!

Death Nova - Frost is not triggering
    ST flyers don't have increased spell presence

Goyo likes this.
  6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

This is intended, fliying is a condition, related to sentry by means of the flight ability, arctic flight isn't flight and thus it doesn't grant sentry.

Goyo likes this.
  7. mortemdeus

mortemdeus Member

To add to H0spy's FW list

Buffs:
    6. Bonemauler: For over 80 cost he really needs more than 55 HP, especially since he hurts himself almost as fast as he hurts enemies.
    7. Bloodworm: Really needs a base ability of some kind.
    8. Broken Bones: He is cheap but with only 4 speed he is completely useless without berserk attack. No real choices on his upgrade tree
    9. Utterdark Voidhowler: Might just be me but I always used him as an essence capture beast with cleave, now he seems shoehorned into the horrid zombie theme.
    10. Blood Fiend: It's signature ability is still more of a handicap than the unit can handle. Blood Fueled needs a rework.

General problems:
    Zombie Apocalypse is on relevantly few units, most of which couldn't reach an enemy, let alone kill it. The theme was weak to begin with and now it doesn't exist.
    Creep and Crawl wasn't used a lot in FW because of the lack of units with it, the solution seems to have been remove it from all the units except around 3. Either give it to more units or get rid of it because right now it is just an added cost to units that is of no value.
    Witches are the most talked about thing on the FW forums. The entire theme is lackluster and filled with units that do not work well with the rest of the faction.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

guarded: voil working inconsistently

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Some more detail would be nice :)

10. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

summoned units are stronger than ever, yes, I stated that.... however many/most also received VAST increases in nora cost (some didn't and probably still need to like snake charmer)...

the OP was arguing that some champions which have summoned abilities cost way too much more nora and need nora cost decreases (sometimes large ones)... I was disagreeing with the OP on this matter, because YES as you pointed out summoned units are stronger than ever, yes for the reasons you listed.

11. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

Yeah, like I said about 80% of what you said sounded great. so... I'm not sure how I "trolled" you.

Ash probably can't cost 110nora. I agree every champion over 100nora is probably unplayable in ranked, I agree it's a problem, during the livestream I suggested some solutions to gedden.
    There are a lot of options, move all the fonts on the maps further from the opponents shrine, reduce the cost and the power of the rune, OR implement a deferred cost system. Make ash 100nora and then reduce the nora generation the following turn by 40, or something like that... maybe give him some negaskills like mercenary.

The solution to runes over 100 nora being unplayable isn't to simply reduce all their nora costs vastly though, which is basically the solution you posited.

How about some more "effort" from me, instead of "trolling"... if units like queen anaru cost too much nora because their summons are now too powerful how about we solve the entire summoned abilities problem? we go back to where we were in the past... make all pet abilities summon with half max hp? or a third? or whatever nerf summoned units need to allow for the nora costs you desire on them.

12. StupidJerk

Ah, sorry, I wasn't sure what exactly your argument was.

13. StupidJerk

I suggest adding Soulharvester 2 in Imp Vixen's second chain as a third upgrade, at an increased cost. Since she has to give up Leech Vitality for it, she'll be lucky to use it even once if she isn't heavily protected. Soulharvester 2 might be enough to give up Leech Vitality for, but I doubt anybody will drop it for Soulharvester 1.

14. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

some times my voils are guarded correctly and other times i watch my opponent just walk up and just punch them in the mouth. I am not 100% but it think it bugs out when the voil with "guarded: voil" is hit by a signal target spell or a spell that temporally removes them from play. Once "guarded: voil" stops working in a match it will usually not work the rest of the match. Sometimes i notice iron will champs can get "through guarded: voil," but it is just not consistent.

Karmavore likes this.
  15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

It's hard to weave out people that aren't trying to help, sorry I misinterpreted the tone. It's important to me to have this revamp go extremely well, I want this game to flourish, we're so close to 'solving' some of the games biggest problems. I do agree champions like Queen Anaru have a huge underlining problem with being to efficient due to their pets. Having summons @ 1/3rd of current HP could be a great solution. On the flipside I hate that champions like her are put into the situation. One moment she's too good, the next she's in the shoebox rotting away.

I guess the biggest challenge in this game is finding that medium, or 'balance'. Hopefully the community can really pull through this time around and assist the Devs in making this come true.

16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Currently I'm still missing a good chunk of information on UD/IS/SP/SL any and all help would be appreciated in bringing some information forward to post on this threads main page. Volunteers would be fantastic :)

17. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

flight doesn't grant sentry either. I assumed it was a nerf to flying but I actually never confirmed it with a green so it might just be a bug

18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I just played a Voil BG, I must say I like the idea of Regal presence being in most factions now. However I ran into a big problem with Voil Guard or Guarded:Voil.
    More or less if you have x2 Voil Guards next to one another, they're more or less unkillable, unless you pack extreme spell spam or relocation effects. This phalanx is damn near unkillable, granted there are a few situations where this can change but generally I see this being a huge problem, especially in lower levels of play... That was challenge for me to beat....

RedScarlet likes this.
  19. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

is it just me or is nectar faerie a better version of aspect of life?
    Also, revere: hydraxor isn't going to work because hydraxor does not have Quest: damage or multiheaded any more.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    StupidJerk likes this.
  20. StupidJerk

There's a bug with the rune manager that I've been noticing for awhile, the cost of each split-faction rune is tallied twice when giving you the average rune cost, making the overall average a lot less accurate.