The most OP abilities?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fogandsteel, May 14, 2017.

1. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Most of the gameplay stuff looks the same, but the menu and HUD saw some pretty big improvements. The only visual issue I have with it is the numbers that pop up to show damage/ap/nora gain, they use an ugly font and don't seem to be centered properly.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Medal of Valor:
    Equipped champion with MAX RNG of 2 or less has <ability value=2392>Battle Leader</ability> and +1 SPD.

Battle Leader:
    When this champion destroys an opposing champion, friendly champions permanently gain +1 DMG.

Woffleet likes this.
  3. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

I know of a good candidate to be equipped with that in UD/IS split.

4. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

:(

I trust the new Battle Leader will no longer cost 10 nora.

5. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

it should cost like fury (3 nora) maybe, in one way its better then fury in another the new version is much worse.
    Could make some old units alot more flexible as the cheap option. But then again block 1/2 costs 6/10 nora and even the new bad version of battleleader is more useful then block for that nora.

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

What???? You're saying that ability should cost 3n??

Its not that big of a nerf. The 4hp heal was super nice, but not worth 7n.

Ability should only drop by a couple of Nora, if at all. I'd be surprised with anything below 8 tbh.

So many crazy people in pox.

@haroldkin @Hierokliff

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

How much nora does vengeful cost? New battlemaster isnt that different(Though it should obviously cost a little more since its an ability that functions off "winning" rather than "losing").

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

vengeful costs 4

the majority of battle leaders cost has absolutely gotta be made out of the permanent global damage buff, that's the thing that wins games not the occasional 4 hp heal. 10 nora seems fair for something like that.

9. Hierokliff

I'd rather lose the +1dmg then the +4hp heal, its a huge nerf for me
    but your right it will probably be 8-10nora still
    it was just an example of how insane hard it is to balance things, how can fury be so cheap, when it gets +1dmg per hit and not per kill. while block is as expensive as battleleader and its almost useless in this war of range/aoe/spellspam .-)

10. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

11. Hierokliff

Vengeful (4 nora)
    This unit gains +1 DMG every time a real friendly champion which shares a race with this champion is destroyed.

http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/ability/1276

12. Durand

Durand Active Member

Battle Hymn
    (Its practically similar to getting Price of Victory/Mobilization/etc. every 4 turn FOR FREE)

fogandsteel likes this.
  13. DortyBoy

DortyBoy Member

Battle leader = auto include in any top rated bg, so broken unless you want everyone playing the same thing?

14. Hierokliff

hmm almost never see a FF SL deck with any of their 3 battle leader units and they have been dominating alot of the last months, and i didnt even know FS have units with battle leader. But the changes on battle leader will be interesting, ive been trying to adapt FF IS for the loss and its horrible to play them atm :)

15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Angel of war is (or should be) played in almost every SL BG, and some people have started running salaman elite in FS meta.

16. Hierokliff

Yes agreed, but Iam never seeing her except for splits, compaired to like skeezick whorl, dunes manticore
    for SL i guess its because they dont need battle leader really, its better to keep cost efficient runes out and hunter:walker up then deploy a Battle Leader that has no other synergy with the bg.
    might be different how people deploy, battleleader isnt so hurtful against me i play FF IS with few champs, if i lose 3+ units I probably give up the game because ive lost it.