The most unfair decks of the year

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flashback, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Flashback

Flashback Devotee of the Blood Owl

I dont know if There is already a discussion about this.
    Top 1 :p - Sp bond - Aspect of chaos and the 90 dmg hit!

Does anyone agree? how absurd this damage is? An Aspect of Chaos in full faction can easily reach 50 damage Area, while split with Fs reaches 70+ damage with the help of that FS spell.
    And only what can stop this is Combat Awareness.
    My suggestion is that you change this urgently.

Change the FS spell description and change the description of the Storm ability:

Current: At the beginning of your opponent's turns, for each charge on this unit, it deals 1 damage (type is one of the following types: fire, frost, magic, sonic, electricity, disease, poison, and psychic) to each opposing Champion within 6 spaces This damage ignores DEF.

Suggested: At the beginning of your opponent's turns, for each TWO charges on this unit, it deals 1 damage (type is one of the following types: fire, frost, magic, sonic, electricity, disease, poison, and psychic) to each Opposing champion within 6 spaces. This damage ignores DEF.
    sorry Baaly xD
    -----------------------

Second most stolen deck:

Tailwind ST: A formation with 7 champions in a turtle battle can generate up to 14 Ap in a single turn !!!
    So it is only the player to have on the deck 2x gale force and 2x swap, ready the victory is made even the opponent being more than 10 squares away! This s much more eficient than any good Range champion in game ...
    While Invigorate generates humble 2 Ap per turn for a single champion.

My suggestion: Radically change the Tailwind and Swap Ability.

And I'm not exaggerating. There are decks much stronger in the game And do not complain, is that these two decks are very stolen even

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Excalibur95 likes this.
  2. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Tailwind can generate 14 ap and mobi can generate far more than that with out having 7 real champs on the board. Mobi with skellies and worms running around sheeesh. At least with tail wind you have to use up 8 AP to get 14 ap

Flashback likes this.
  3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I'd say this is a pretty good defense if the only argument they have is the amount of ap generated.

Also db, quickening, war drum, the alacrity etc.

That said i highly suspect that's not the only issue they have with the ability. I'm sure dice will be along soon to give his...."opinion"

Flashback likes this.
  4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

mobilization is a spell that costs 60 nora. big difference between an ability on a champion that procs just from moving.

Flashback likes this.
  5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Thing's I've Lost to, Part 1

Dolcebrodude and Flashback like this.
  6. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

You are right the spell is far better and has the unexpected factor. When you have a strig with tailwind out you know it can move 6 spaces and generate 1 ap. WoooohOooo the efficiency their is mind boggling. Verse mobi gives 4 ap to all champ unexpected whether they fly or not or are a clone. Mobi is cheaper and you can get the spell back faster than you can a champ at 75 nora. ie split with ST and use Chronomancer or Ancestral focus as one example.

I envision a skellie, cats, and polar ants flying around with 20 champs on the board and casting mobi once generating over 40 ap worth of action. The only thing saving you is the timer

Flashback likes this.
  7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

lol u guys have to b crazy to think ST could ever be a top faction ;p

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i didn't compare quality, i said they aren't comparable.

9. calisk

Sarcasm?

Excalibur95 and Flashback like this.
  10. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I feel the title should end with "So far", seeing as it's only Feb.

Flashback likes this.
  11. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

KF/IS

Converging Portal+Solitary Garu Reverse Shrine Rush

Qucas, Etherielin, Flashback and 2 others like this.
  12. Flashback

Flashback Devotee of the Blood Owl

Davre i think in my opinion the Best faction isnt ST but this Tailwind Deck is one of the Best Decks in all game! I will admit, I also use tailwind and swap, as you can see in my signature, I have a split air deck of St with SL, but myself liking Tailwind I admit it is very abusive, a swap is comparable to a drown, It's guaranteed kill,This needed to be changed in my opinion

13. calisk

Swap is not a guaranteed kill.

But I can understand the comparison.

But swap does get you kills but a scenario is required for that kill, and it's never relevant in the 1 v 1 unlike drown. In comparison gale works more like drown then swap does

14. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

ok so st players mobilize and congratulate themselves on being first here and first to add the counter arguments and calls of ridiculousness... pleeeez cry harder!

i think the opening post was a fair take on those decks. ive asked for sea song to be nerfed for the exact reason of aspect of chaos among others (leviathon's cataclysm), it fell on deaf ears.

have you ever tried to catch let alone kill an aspect of chaos with arrow eater and repulsion, they just run it away until its got the charges needed to annihilate you. it also buffs / heals health it is not easy to kill, you may have better luck on a small map.

st are strong. today i watched antionlut? split with ud and buff an ireguard, he gave it majestic and snow shroud from the supposedly nerfed snowspinner (wasnt enough). st players try to make out they dont stack defensive abilities.

15. Excalibur95

when you vs st do you swap knowing you cant kill a unit?, cos i thought you just said you do.

come on we all know how strong swap is.

16. Excalibur95

meanwhile live123 when they bother to play is getting excellent win/loss results against the best players in the game.

when i brought this up before about the seasong + leviathon combo there were top players saying how its easy to beat, any good player can beat it, any deck can beat it.... yet it still poses great problems for the best players, you certainly cannot guarantee a win against it, not even close.

nerf or totally change seasong.

the librarian is a problem rune but the root issue is seasong.

17. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Thing is, there are counters to Seasong and similar combo bgs. Currently Pox's ranked is super underpopulated and as a result there are so few combo bgs running around, there is little incentive to actually run the counters if they will be bad against other meta and theme bgs.
    You could say I'm asking for #BuffMetamagicBacklash but I feel like this is a meta problem and not exactly a balance issue.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Excalibur95

idk what counters you are talking of,maybe you should tell them to tinydragon.

curious.... so you play aspect of chaos?

or maybe sea song?

19. calisk

The comparison to drown was the point to call it an insta kill on the level of drown is a bold face lie

Saying it's powerful is true.

All spot removal is powerful

20. Excalibur95

why discredit, ts not like top players havent used st well.

how is the sea song + aspect of chaos bg working out for ya, you still playing it?