The new boghoppers

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by profhulk, Jun 26, 2014.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Guys I really dig guarded boghopper on boghopper tad. I am concerned about the tad being aquatic instead of semiaquatic base and tidemaster losing high tide. How are the bog hoppers going to support their own race when tidemaster lost high tide? Im guessing run boghopper mentor? I have Good and bad feelings about boghopper changes. What are your thought's community?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Thoughts about boghoppers (most of these without seeing the full upgrade paths)
    augurs still neat.
    shamans too, although they pale when compared to crystal phoenix.
    furies are good but the upgrade paths are both boring and sandbags.
    instigator is interesting because he's cheap, but the lost real utility to fight for a spot.
    concealers don't mark anymore
    zealots look good without mercenary
    paladin looks good but it depends on the upgrades
    geekal good at first glance
    Hippo rider I love
    kartch looks boring and his equip isn't good either
    spawnpool guardian OP
    SGC still tanky
    tide master for enabler of every theme to boring beater

There is little to none synergy or subthemes to be found. there are bits of aquatics, beasts and poison that are isolated and underdeveloped, not even as a foundation for something to come.
    I don't judge now, but if there isn't a predisposition for changes things are gonna be rough in general.

Taylor likes this.
  3. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

im not keen on the whole lets put leap as an upgrade on everything and force people to choose from the 3 ranks.

In the case of Gekaal for example id rather just not have leap at all and reduce his cost further. the same can be said for a lot of the boghoppers.
    Kartch is a horror story.
    in response to Gabriels point about the Tidemaster been a boring ranged beater, he should check out the snaptooth ancient. he epitomises boring and poor design. has poison cloud that damages himself unless you take the max rank. it's hilarious.

4. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

I thought the same. I mean, it's a really boring "upgrade" to start with, but if it must be there, couldn't we have a 'rank 0' whereby the ability is just removed altogether?

Out of the heroes I own, I think Kartch might have actually come out the best. Isn't that depressing...

I think quite a few champions suffered from being rather dull beaters before the revamp. Now though, the revamp has made many more champions boring by removing any abilities that might have given them variety, versatility or just made them interesting. So, the original 'boring beaters' now look less-boring in comparison. That's gotta be good, right?

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I also agree that many champs are overwhelmingly boring with massive redundancy in "role" and little to no flavor. I think this is a consequence of reducing # of abilities and perhaps overcosting in the algorithm...much less room to define unique champs, i guess

Sirius likes this.
  6. Spiderchap

Spiderchap Well-Known Member

I really wish Leap 2 was base on a lot more boghoppers and they had other choices for upgrades instead. I never really ran poison theme but the loss of poison eater/immunity on so many FS runes just seems like a horrible decision. Anything with lay poison cloud trap that doesn't have eater/immunity just kind of... sucks (at least poison elemental has it now... Now that everything else lost it).

Enforcer without spur is kind of... bad and I miss Paladins having bodyguard. Kartch could have been much worse from the looks of things and I've never thought Destiny was TOO terrible. Piercing shot 3 and subsume are pretty good from an almost free equip.

I put my boghopper bull back in my BG though and he seems pretty cool with sweep and massive leap.

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

The boghoppers are still powerful the focus of their power has been changed a bit. Our power comes from guarded on the Boghopper tad's. Guarded is base on the tad so the spawnpool guardian summon's guarded tad's. How can the enemy resist our tad's? They are so annoying with their jumping around in your font's dropping relics. The tad can upgrade relic guardian and leap 3 and it cost's 35 nora pretty cool.

Sirius likes this.
  8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I think you fail to see that this phase of the revamp is a rough draft of the unfinished product. It would help to be more objective and beta test these rough draft runes and give feed back rather than become discouraged.

Oldmaster likes this.
  9. Savain

Savain Member

They did say that this was just an initial draft and a lot of tweaking will be happening afterwards to fix balancing and issues.

10. GN1KL4M1N4

GN1KL4M1N4 Well-Known Member

Anyone who is upset with Gekaal's equipment interaction should try running Nora Well. With Gekaal's cheaper cost, it can be placed near the turn you play him with the added bonus of the health boost at the start of both player's turns.

11. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

you can add Tortun Corsair to that then to get +8/+16 damage through resonance. May not be the best thing to do though but still the added damage is nice.

12. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Bloated Toad is cheap meat again, if you take Lunbering and just Leap every turn (his other upgrades are much more expensive drawbacks? What?).
    Fury seems pretty much the same, as does Shaman.
    Misshapen Boghopper looks a little better now that Multiattack isn't ichor anymore.
    Enforcer is tanky, but kind of slow still. Losing Spur is meh.
    Spitters are back to being pretty vanilla again.

13. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Enforcer is the fastest slow unit ever with Leap and Crushing Charge.

14. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Hello
    I'm starting a Boghopper bg, what are the "must haves"? I'm not going to spend a lot of money but, i'll try to aquire the must haves :)

15. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Iskandak likes this.
  16. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

Iskandak likes this.
  17. Iskandak

How is the Forglar Paladin?
    I've tried the spitters, they're pretty nice

18. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

The paladin just looks like one of those champs that can hold its ground. self-healing + blessed. And almost every turn, u can expect your opponent to attack one of your units, so protective gives it that boost in damage. so overall, seems like a good champ. and lets not forget its nora cost. only 65 nora with max heal. 69 if u want leap rank 3.

EDIT: comparing it to huntmaster, its better BUT because having summons is the new thing nowadays, i figured 2 huntmasters would be pretty important.

19. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Bog paly is great in a boghopper deck he has leap 3, heal self 3, blessed, and protective for 69 nora. The best method for using a forglar paladin for me is to put him within 5 spaces of a tad and wait for it to get hit. His damage buff is +9(protective+guarded boghopper) when someone successfully hits a tad in front of bog paly. Fully pumped with banner and battlemaster supporting him he would be at 20 damage after all is said and done. If the enemy put anything close to my paly to engage with 5 ap I will equip bog paladin with goading mask and duel to get off a massive 20 dmg +50% from duel. Any dedicated boghopper deck should run 1 goading mask u get antagonize + duel and a 10 nora refund for equipping a boghopper.

20. Iskandak

imma try it, if I get a paly that is :p, I have the goading mask. Seems like a good combo for just wandering on his own without goading mask as well though :)

It's the way atm isnt it? :p overrun your opponent with so much stuff he cant keep up. I'll try both. Pally probabaly later because he's more expensive