The new client isn't that bad..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeeperz2, Jun 28, 2017.

1. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

If we could just fix all the bugs. I find myself enjoying the games more pox feels smoother and easier to play. I PERSONALLY have no encountered to many bugs but I have seen and heard of many, such as unstoppable not working. But other than that I feel like the client really just needs to be better with guild names being on display so we know who is on and chat tabs lighting up red when someone says something.

Hierokliff likes this.
  2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I don't enjoy the ps4 controls displaying while i'm using my comp. No options button and the new borders for buttons don't appeal to me and the text appears slightly blurry client looks like it was exclusively designed for ps4 play not pc.

Edit: It also appears rune are not displayed by nora cost ordering - No Friendly quit either.
    - After campaign and custom match it says Ranked win, Cannot confirm for other modes.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

They have worked pretty hard the last weeks with hotfixes, the good thing is that it looks like they are able to do those things without long maintance and new problems coming with the hotfixes. That was not the situation with the old client.
    Also enjoying the change of how easy it is to get runes, maybe this will stop all the use of alts in rank to farm shards. its so easy to get 5k gold (for PC, will be for PSN when those bugs are fixed) to buy the decks that give 2k shards if you want more shards. But in the same time, i got less tempted to play since soon ill have 2x all runes (that i wanted), whats the point of playing when you can get all for free so easy.

Still a few things they need to create, really want to see a list of abilities/conditions that are lacking visual/sounds so we can see if its a bug, or just aint done yet to keep those separated.
    a working combatlog
    movement issues when moving units to fast or using 2x2 units, needs to be handled somehow.
    microtransactions/new income, wish they had cool plans for how to make the game eat my money, a new campaign every month, name tokens, special deals for limiteds yes i want my pox harbringers so sell them to me even if i would probably not use them.
    more statistics damned it, whats a game about numbers if we dont get to see the numbers?

still I hope that after the summer, lets say 3months away we can have expansions and a bunch of new players when the worst missing parts are done and the bugs are either solved or found workarounds for.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  4. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I am for one glad they didn't release the expansion with the new client that would have been a mistake. Should have tested the new client more extensively, maybe have even released a beta version? But the issues seem like fixable ones and DoG seems to be tackling the problem, these bugs have got to go before the new client though.

5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

New client is playable at least. The rune manager and forge isn't useable imo, but that's not too much different than what we had before. I can move 2x2 units fine.

There are still a ton of bugs, and some still effect gameplay quite poorly.

The design of this game is still really shitty, balance aside, which I'm not going to bother commenting on so I'm not declared biased, even though I'm really not.