The old skill > new guys debate.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Feb 12, 2015.

1. thunderrr123

thunderrr123 The King of Potatoes

Ah, the good old days...

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Rune power isnt better than skill.

You draw ***** me once, I trashed you every other time.

And since you're too stupid to get it, let me spell it out for you:
    KF is not fine, but not because you won a few games and claim that's somehow relevant. If you want to make a difference, start using coherent arguments instead of these fallacies that you keep throwing around. Whatever you're trying to prove by playing KF, it's not going to happen.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I never beat you by draw win stop lying on the forums. I beat your krikkinwing alpha, snogvie,pre-nerf myx slasher spam neutral font on sl map. I killed your champs with ride down using a bg similar to tiny's except it had no legends, angel, or timmy... I complained the entire game because I didn't have expensive runes. I have only played you twice with meta bg including that game and probably 3 times total. The last time I played you I lost on underdepths map from you getting a draw win not me. First turn relocate when I don't draw my priestess until 20+ reveals and get second turn is kinda hard to recover from.

None of this even matters much though because I have beaten players better than you. Beating you isn't what people try to achieve to prove their skill, that's tinydragon and devilsrath not burnpyro the dude who plays 3 games against weak opponents with meta bg and then hugs his rank and doesn't play again.

My goal with kf was to get other people to complain when they saw my ridiculous winrate and saw how easy it was to climb in limited without trying and even with no avatar. KF meta is boring to me so I am currently playing league.

If there are other players as good as tinydragon and devilsrath currently playing someone please let me know.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh right, you were running FW/IS double ride pre-nerf & bugfix down shenanigans. That was incredibly legit. And losing that "draw loss" game because you're incapable of calculating a swarm and leaving yourself open to an easy counterattack, yeah.

Either way, once I can be bothered to play again we can just play some matches and shatter this dream of yours.

5. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I think we can all agree that, besides tiny and devils, no one who could really compete for the number 1 rank is playing

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But Kernok is active??

7. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

i think what defines the "best players" atm is who can play any faction and be among the top 5 ranked in the faction (not actual top 5)

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

lol

9. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

the best players should be able to play pox at the highest level, not just one or two factions. being the top in each factions means that they play as well as they can with what the current level of balance is (which isn't very balanced atm)

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I like these new rules, they favor me. :D

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Kids these days.

12. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Meh, mw24 is better than you

Jk

SaintKiwi likes this.
  13. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

bro do u even q

last game 1 week ago, and on your first page of game history you have 6 losses, that's a horrid winrate

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

14-6. 70% winrate. It is usually higher when I am playing meta bgs. My point was that I play every faction well. Also my winrate against you is higher than my last 20 games winrate lol.(unless you caught me playing an experimental bg like witches or some crap I won 2/2 with metas)

I claim jack of all trades title if devilsrath doesn't want it. I am taking a break from playing, I am bored of playing kf on my alt and I am tired of playing against kf players because the faction is so strong.

I will claim more titles in the future, if fw wasn't so garbage I would attempt to usurp teascholar and yobanchi for best fw.

15. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I liked it better when you were not in the forums :c

I guess these who stood out back then did so among more players so they have more weight as opposed to the current situation, never mind the fact that innovation is hard to come by given the lowish player base. Having watched videos on Youtube it gives off the impression that there were more possibilities in terms of innovation back then, but I might be wrong. Still pretty cool to see the likes of Ryv, molecl, EVEN BURN play against each other, albeit a bit sad because who knows when something like that might go down again. That's not to say we shouldn't embrace newcomers and see great play where it is within the current player base (because there is), of course.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I really wish kf wasn't total bs, and fw actually had a faction bonus. I feel motivated to play again now.

Also SL tends to do very well against kf when you don't lose by draw. Maybe that is one reason burnpyro doesn't notice the issue, that and him only playing 3 games a month.

who is considered best fw??? Work harder sokolov, fw needs a faction bonus so that we can destroy our enemies with hordes of undead.

17. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

lolwat. u lose to me most of the time. i can play any faction better than you can. 14-6 is really bad for a "top player". go play any meta bg and get a higher winrate than my meta bg and you'll have the right to call yourself decent, not good.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I have only seen you play st, didn't know you played anything else, I switch factions a lot. I am not playing right now kf is crazy, we just got like the first worthy player getting battlemaster with devilsrath because kf has been holding the spot like half the time.

I have beaten you 3 times. First with UD demons(early transfigure loss), 2nd with IS Meta(tough 2 bg), 3rd with KF Meta(rage of the circle). Pretty sure that's 3 in a row unless you caught me playing a non meta bg in a game I don't remember. I'd remember if I played you another game with a meta bg.

You even got a draw win versus my IS bg holding the font for a turn and still lost that game Lol.

19. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

selective memory much lOl.

Fyi

half/karma switched on and off BM for 3 days
    i held BM for a week with st
    stopped playing st, KF took it back for a week
    devils took it for 3 days

started playing st again today, been top 10 for the past week playing random stuff every day, testing and playing in ranked.

where are you in this conversation again sir jack of all trades?

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I got rank 6 and started switching bgs. My rank doesn't climb that high because I get bored and switch to something else. I think I play more bgs than anyone else in limited in limited.( I mean completely different bgs not different variations of a core bg)

I used to play anything I could think of and acquire but since a week before the patch I only play meta bg because I got fed up with kf and angels; unless I am testing a new bg like I did with witches, firk, lonx, sp/is constructs, and fw/sl dragons recently.