The old skill > new guys debate.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

All I got from this thread is that there is no general consensus on what constitutes skill in this game, and mw24 was a massive tool.

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Mw24 was horrible ******* I’m Glad he not around anymore

MaruXV likes this.
  3. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

True, if anything we should be comparing skill with deck strength. TinyDragon is the best player currently hands down. No player is consistently reaching rank one with every faction let alone lower tiered decks. Nowadays it's easy to hit top ten with crazy splits consisted with every OP rune in the book.

MaruXV likes this.
  4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Pox has never been about skill as much as it is finding the most efficient runes possible and running with it. I've had win streaks of 20 or more games 2 or 3 times, once with trees, and once with k'thir beasts using the wolves that summoned real champs with 45 health each. Am I good ? Hell no, but I found something overly efficient and abused it.

Pox rewards players that put the time in to find what's most efficient, which is a good thing. I think pox has many very good gamer's, we are in itself a different breed compared to other card or strategy game players. My first time picking up hearthstone I won 28 games in a row, without barely losing any health in those games, I believe pox made hearthstone look like child's play as I had very few variables to deal with and am used too thousands when playing pox.

Pox is simple to people that have played it for a while, but as far as complexity it puts other games too shame. Always been hard for me to categorize who is the best, and who isn't, as the "best players" typically are just good at finding what is over efficient, and what's not. I've seen great players lose to bad players running op bgs, so it's hard for me to acknowledge win %, or win streaks. Frequently I used to switch bgs every game, I never stayed with bgs long enough to get great at them, and the few I did I had long win streaks. A lot of players use so many bgs and so many silly combos because they just enjoy the game in all it's thousands of runes glory.

Also given pox's broken map system, old broken rune system, it's hard to acknowledge a lot of people's wins who just abused 8 speeders or abused the opponent for not drawing a champ early enough. Too many variables in pox that frequently allowed for easy cheese wins. Just my thoughts though.

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Pox is just lots of fun. So many variables to try out.

MaruXV likes this.