The only thing I hate more then broken runes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nebron, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Is a broken map. Can we please take the Firking KF hill rework out of the ranked que? If you go second on this map you auto lose because you're playing 1-2 fonts down all Firking game. And for some reason i pull this map all the time. Que'd up twice so far today and both games I not only got this map but I also had to go second. I'm trying REAL hard to give this game another chance but this kind of Bane Shift reminds me why I abandoned this ship years ago.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  2. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

I remember when they first let you buy packs and Earth golem was the first OP thing to hit with immunity physical. Then savage tundra sweep, full bg of 9 speed leoss, super champ meta, Release stitched first....each year I'd come back and get more disappointed with balance and ranked. I'd say just wait until the revamp. There's tons of Bgs to play around with right now no need to play serious.

GIFTbr and Goyo like this.
  3. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I don't mind the Baskitkase vers as much but OG KF Hill is awful.

4. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I will play every game on the original KF hill for the next 6 months if it means I never have to play on this horrendous joke of a map ever again. Show me a man that's claimed to have won going second on this map and i'll show you a liar.

5. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

It would be much more fair of a map if there wasn't so much mobility creep.

GabrielQ likes this.
  6. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Maps have been brought up so many times, going second on so many of them is a huge disadvantage. Player 1 always seems to draw an 8 speed champ or something with leap 3 or IS/ST font bonus with 7 speed on brood pits for example, thats always a shitty game. Going second on small SL map usually results in being rushed the turn you get your font if opponent draws a flyer/teleporter etc first.

7. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Just lost to a rare league ST flying BG guy on that new KF map where i went second, it was pretty hilarious.

Nebron likes this.
  8. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

New hill is still better than broodpits.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Translation: ISisOP

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/i-would-like-to-thank-baskitkase.2331/

11. NaNcy

NaNcy The King of Potatoes

Brood Pits is terrible....

12. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

This and Brood Pits should both be removed while we're waiting for reworks

13. poxrevenge

poxrevenge The King of Potatoes

both k'thir hill and brood pits , need work .. first to start gets a massive advantage

14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I have

Against 5000+ unranked :p

15. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

its been this way always

16. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Massive rework is not what is need, imo. Just tweak the shrine/font distance to start, and ensure that a) Player 1 is not close enough to deploy and contest, b) player 2 has an opportunity get his font and keep it for more than 2 turns (but not the reverse advantage).

17. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

so maps started out fine, then powercreep to champ speed made them not fine. The solution isn't to buff the maps, its to nerf the champs (and stop powercreeping speed).

18. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Could do it that way, to be sure. It might be fun to split the difference...

19. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Haven't had my coffee yet, read the end of the title as "broken bones" X_X

I'd be up for addressing maps but yes speed/mobility creep should be addressed as well.

20. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

and pet champs that can drop relicts.