The only way for UD to survive

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Theoutcast, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

UD needs healing...or some type of survival mechanism...Can't compare to other factions currently in being able to survive or utility...its damage isn't that much greater and no range...

2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Not necessarily healing, but UD needs new, possibly unique mechanics, to deal with the overwhelming power and diversity of other factions.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

UD has multiple sources of healing/HP gain:

Life siphon
    Leech Vitality
    Soul Siphon
    Bleed/bloodballs
    Blood magic
    Naria's HP steal
    Griefbearers fountain
    Irresponsible Essence Imbibement
    That life siphon equip
    Drain
    Fire eater
    Tinder Box

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  4. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

This x100000000000. I am so tired of struggling with UD as I watch other factions get new toys and ways to deal with issues. However UD is still stuck in that perpetual "you cant have cleanse or heal" or we get Bane Shift with overbearing requirements. I almost wish I chose a different faction when I started this game.

That being said. We need more mobility. Un-nerf priestess beckon, or give us some decent support champs that can tank and not do damage. I am not asking for the same things other factions have but get creative and give us stuff to use thats not easily to counter without thought and aids us in actually being dominant.

Badger I love you as our rep and your good at it. However why are you the only one logical about their faction? How does SP get away with half the Bane Shift they have? Why is UD's damage being either easily mitigated OR other factions able easily out dmg us? The most frustrating thing is that as other factions get better we stay the same or slowly get better at what we are already good at....BUT not good enough to maintian meta relevance. Think about how long SP, ST, FW, etc are always meta viable. UD gets there and then is either nerfed or quickly surpassed.

I get it...in this community the squeaky wheel gets the oil. We need you to start squeaking louder....but its not in your nature. Its one of the few places where being a whinny %&^# gets rewarded.

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Limited healing is fine as there are MANY ways to get HP back, as per Badgerale.

The biggest problem I find is the lack of a spot cleanse, but one can work around that I guess.

In the old days, cleanse was much rarer but now every faction can do most everything. That's why the UD lack of cleanse stands out so much. But hey, I'm not too worried.

6. xxLordQxx

See this is the attitude that concerns me. Not that its negative. But hey we dont have it so lets work around it while other factions are given the tools they need. Whether its lack of design space, creativity, or just effort from the devs. I dont care. Its not ok. Yes we work around it until we get it...but it doesnt mean its ok just not to get it at all or incredibly late. Another thing. When we are given cool stuff that helps move us forward its instantly nerfed. Cleansing Flame, Bane Shift, Banish (on oldy but great example of how we get the degenerate form of a solution)

7. Fentum

I kinda think that I'd play a different faction or a split if I was really worried about it. I do actually think that FF UD suffers quite a lot from the cleanse hole, but I prefered it when factions DID have gaps and strengths.

8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

@xxLordQxx

For what it's worth I agree that UD could use more demon/meta runes rather than theme runes, and could use more tricks and diversity within it's meta deck.

It's also worth noting that there aren't such a thing as faction reps anymore, so I don't represent UD - the council also has a much more limited role than in the past. But I am happy to push for more diversity in tactics for UD, though we are somewhat constrained by the faction bonus which is always going to favor a more direct approach.

In any case, the next expansion is the player created one, so i won't have any influence on that.

Fentum and xxLordQxx like this.
  9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I would rather have every factions healing toned down then have UD's turned up. Healing op.

19madfox95, Fentum and Qucas like this.
  10. xxLordQxx

Well for what its worth I appreciate the work you did on the council and the voice you gave UD. Always very practical, logical, and rational. I just wish the others followed your style rather then be the exact opposite and only concerned about buffing their faction. Hopefully things will change for the better. On the positive side the UD crowd cant blame you anymore :)

badgerale likes this.
  11. Fentum

Who are the UD crowd?

12. xxLordQxx

Lol....how far back should we go? I started with Grims decent...and Badger is either just as old or older than me. So the UD crowd for us might be a bit larger and more known than what you would be aware of. Also do you want the vocal forum goers or the ones I have individual convos with? In any event its a rather large list.

13. xxLordQxx

Not all are negative or blame Badger for the state of UD. But his outlook and direction didnt exactly align with some of the players. There could be multiple factors from lack of game experience, different play styles, or just flat out different opinions. Over all though I would say he was well received and the clear front runner for representation. Lol I was personally sold from a post long ago depicting his story of the depths. I loved it and may have had some different feelings on topics on occasion but generally agree with his direction and though process.

14. Fentum

I've been playing UD since 2007... Can I join the crowd?!

But seriously, I enjoy the constructive stuff for all factions from the good guys such as badgerale.

The only thing he ought to do is try Cornish Tribute Ale...

15. xxLordQxx

So then your part of the crowd....stop standing out!

Fentum likes this.
  16. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

im also tired of badgerale saying everything in UD is fine. YOU DONT EVEN PLAY UD. Last time i pkayed you, you were playing fw. Sad fact is ud is a 1 trick pony that isnt gaining any ground while other factions are racing ahead

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

UD is consistently in the top half of factions. It isn't often #1, but it is up there. If you want something that plays more like another faction, play another faction.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Thats the other thing...people who dont compete with any other top players throwing out their two cents when all they face are rank 5000 people who dont know how to play.

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You're rank 12 right now, if you're doing that well with UD, then it doesn't need to give up faction flavor just so it can be like everything else.

DrakeArron, Fentum and SPiEkY like this.