The Power of ST versus TinyDragon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Idk who dragonslayer is, but it can be fun to purposefully run a weaker deck as a challenge/it makes wins feel more significant.

I did it with chop blocks and a few other decks, tiny does it all the time, kthx did it for a little bit when he came back, etc.

Gets stale curbstomping people

Fentum, Vash Dragneel, davre and 3 others like this.
  2. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I think you're really overestimating how much anyone at the "top" actually cares about rank / playing competitively in the current environment. Most are just screwing around at this point.

Higher rank just means longer que times

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

4. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Well, Tiny has just been dominating with his KF deck! So far, DragonSlayer1 has been unable to beat it! Go, Tiny! :)

5. Elric

Darn, seems like DragonSlayer1 is going on a winning streak with his ST-split deck versus Tiny! :(

MaruXV likes this.
  6. Elric

LOL

7. Elric

Tiny, if you post what's OP in ST and why, Sokolov said he would listen.

8. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I'll start this by saying i haven't played this patch and from what i hear st got a crazy unit.

But if the game is balanced around the concept that if tiny loses it should be nerfed then i can see why he usually wins heh

MaruXV likes this.
  9. Elric

Actually, I think that Tiny is an excellent candidate to say what is imbalanced as he plays all 8 factions, so he is not biased for any of the 8 factions.

10. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

To bad he doesn't care about the game much or helping it grow/succeed.

11. Elric

Being that Ferren can easily outdeploy me as SP is pretty ridiculous! Have you seen the Nora cost of the Ferrens from ST???

12. Elric

I pretty much just auto-surrender now when facing an ST-split deck in the higher ranks, such as Hermaios. Saves me time and gives them their precious 5 rating points. If this is the game that DOG is going for, no problem as I'll just play the games where there's actually a game.

Some may say that you can learn from playing these top players, but I already know all I need to know about ST-splits on a map where they just Gale Force your champs into the lava or against a barrier. GG! LOL

Games versus TinyDragon are actually enjoyable. He has already stated that he does not think he can lose with ST, so he actually does NOT play ST in order to challenge himself. So, you can still have a good game versus Tiny, even if he will most likely win due to sheer skill.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I sort of agree. The balance in this game is actually pretty horrible right now. I stopped playing because of it tbh. I had a week vacation, played 1 game versus hermios and quit. It's just not fun.

14. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Although slightly off the thread topic, this just in:

*BREAKING NEWS*
    Even @TinyDragon can NOT win with liches!

Therefore Tiny is no longer OP? Or perhaps not OP enough....
    I am struggling to grasp the reality of this. They must be ULTRA bad...

15. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

He'll put dark apprentices in eventually.

Bondman007 likes this.
  16. Elric

Yeah, he seems to be having a tough time with Liches. He's really giving himself quite a challenge.

17. Elric

Yeah, it seems that ST is way on top with FS not very far behind. Then, all the other factions kinda trail behind.

18. Elric

What's the IS power deck? I'm not really seeing it.

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

20. Elric

I've faced Markoth several times. His high rank is a testament to his skill, but his deck is far from overpowered.

The decks that are above and beyond the power curve seem to be ST, then FS, and also SL (simply because of Myx Broodlord doing 4 damage/movement, Dunes Manticore, and Aspect of Violence).