The Practical Guide to Infinite Scaling: A Thirst For Battle BG

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by flador, Dec 31, 2015.

1. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

My friend is a huge fan of this ability, so we made a BG around it. Since it loses hard to range and mobility, we have shroud and granite bracers, but KF still might ruin your day :/. If anyone has ideas we'd love to hear them.

https://poxbase.com/deck/CudC8QcajCpHc24cf-c1BCxPciQchjC1tcygs7Ks19s2Ls5qs7Hs18s6fr2vr3drYEhe1@

As you can see the basic idea of the deck is to throw your thirsters into the enemy ranks and heal the everliving hell out of them until they can't be touched anymore, since once you get a TFB unit up to high enough defense they become insanely hard to deal with. Run either Avatar based on your preference.

Tanks/Core:

Brewmaster
    (Fire Bomb 3/ Void Shield) - Silly and one of the best TFB champs. Ranged AoE damage, tough + void shield, and carouse (one of the first lines of defense against KF), plus he's rather cheap.

Aspect of Divinity
    (Favor 3/Explosive 3) - With all the divine favor in this deck, you get all the charges in no time, so this is an easy long-range damage dealer who has a lot of utility.

Crusader (Axe Throw/Trail) Cheap, efficient bruiser who brings some great range to the table. He'll probably live a while and if he survives to boost up will become your strongest attacker easily.

Wall of Ailur (Block 1-2/Shroud) - Supertank with shroud: more defense against range and can get barricade from Providence.

Granite Bracers/Providence - This will make any of your thirsters a nightmare, and enable it to engage multiple champions with ease. It might be worth running 2 bracers, but we use Wish for that for now.

Support:

Phoenix/Priest/Paladin - Divine Favor and enough healing left over to keep your thirsters alive.

Jakei Pilgrim (Nohkan/Dissapate) - The purify/regen gift plus his low nora cost makes this guy insanely valuable. With Nohkan Do he makes a great zoner/AP sink, and he provides magic damage with range.

Assassins:

Jek the Silver General (Aerial Supremacy/Swoop) - Some of the best base stats in the bg as well as gap closing for snipers.

Brutality Barbarian (Berserk Attack 3/ Berserker 2): Deploy this guy once you have some map control and he'll just demolish everything. Thirst is more of a bonus on him; his base damage and manic are the real threat. He also does a good job of chasing down enemies.

Crystal Wolverine (Evasive 2/Opp Assault) - Deals with range better than anything else in this deck. Assault makes him great at chasing down pesky mobility champs.

Spells:

Disarm - We were having a lot of problems with certain equipments such as Reaper's Blade, as well as debuff equips, and Disarm fixes these problems nicely.

Favor of the Queen - Just a great way to deal with clusters of champs. Works well for snubbing high-scaling ranged attackers or one of your thirsters getting overwhelmed.

Mark of Redemption - refundable defense.

Gale Force - Tons of damage. Can bring units into range of your assassins, or fling them where you want them to be.

Healing Hand - Surprise! He's not dead! Sustaining your units after they've lived long enough to become supertanks.

Shield - Protects your units so they can start scaling. Essential.

Wish - Steal some shinies, or clone your own! Very useful with Carouse to make an enemy sniper lose all their reliability.

Relics:

Ankh of Valdac - Moar Healing.

Morin's Corner: The AoE heal with huge range makes this a great deploy from say, an aspect. It gives lots of charges in addition to being a strong, reusable group heal.

Ironfist Standard - We run this banner since only 4 champs would benefit from the tundra one.

This BG will probably never be anything close to meta, but thirst for battle is a hell of a lot of fun. Feel free to try this theme yourself and share your ideas!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Couple things.

No Jek?

Your description of Gale Force leads me to believe your using him wrong.

Containment Unit could be beneficial to your strategy.

3. flador

I'm not an ST player, so I don't know what proper usage of Gale Force is I guess. Jek looks good; maybe I'll drop the opp assault wolverine for him.

Containment unit seems easy to pick off and the regen from pilgrim can probably do as much as crystalize, minus the shielding.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Containment Unit is more useful than it seems. Hard to describe it's potential. Whats your ingame username. I can probably play a few games.

5. flador

It's flador, but my friend RazorDrive is the one with the BG and he's busy. Thanks for the offer though. I'll have him play around with containment unit.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Well if he wants some friendly matches, and an intro into Gale Force he knows where to find me. XD

flador likes this.
  7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Could make something like an IS/SL Thirst for Battle/Superchamp BG. Use infestors to proc TfB and support from SL.

8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Gale Force deals 6 damage on hit, and procs a 3 space knockback. For each impeding knockback space, the unit suffers 5 physical damage.

The gem of it is push one unit to another, procing the 15 knockback damage on both of them using one as the obstacle.

You can even do a "Gale Sandwitch" ;)

Tip: The unit that moves first is the first who was deployed.

flador likes this.
  9. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like the BG but find a few choices to be less than optimal.

In an effort to keep close to what you had originally. He's what I would run.

https://poxbase.com/deck/CudC8QcajCpHc24cf-CxPciQchjC1tcygs7Ks2Ls5qs7Hs8+s18s6fr2vr3drYehe1ve3Je1@

I didn't like the coordination towers that much. Once the Thirst Champ gets running you never lack for damage .I would rather run Containment unit to guarantee at least 1 turn of Immunity or more.

I also found the Paladin to be too expensive and slow for what he brings.

Leos Magnate (Pride, Heal) - Another ranged unit with heal and an ability that helps keep a thirst champs alive. Pride is picked to enable you to trigger the Wall's Soul ability. Figured paying 2 more nora for something that might work is better than 2 less for something that wont (Soul) or paying 4 more for Regen.

Shield - +2 Def and Shielded is really nice once you get your Thirst Superchamp powered up. Last thing you want is for it to get Drowned, Doomed, Blinked etc.

Holy Blade of Valdac - I really like this Equipment. It grants Attack Fire to an Aspect (Pre-Ascension) allowing it to attack w/o relying on its abilities. Can be used on a Paladin if you need the Anti-Healing ability. Or simply used to get around the massive amount of Attack Physical champs the deck relies on. 1 Immune Physical champ is hard to deal with when your super champs all deal Physical.

10. flador

Dropped towers for another granite bracers and containment unit. Blade of valdac is eh because you can already use both abilities (which are already fire attacks) on CD with aspect on deploy.

Probably adding shield and dropping medal. Magnate with hasten fixes Paladin quite nicely. Adding him instead of pilgrimage (pilgrimage seems nice but it paints a big target on whatever you play it on and doesn't give any immediate returns).

Thanks for the help! This would be the current version:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CudC8QcajCpHc24cf-c1BCxPciQchjC1tcygs7Ks19s2Ls5qs7Hs18s6fr2vr3drYEhe1@

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  11. flador

That's a really cool idea actually. Maybe I'll make that version and take on my friend who runs this one...

12. flador

We're back! We had some (rather extreme) technical difficulties with poxbox that led to my friend having an 800k dump trade eaten, and thus unable to complete the deck until late last week. We've finally been able to do some testing, and this is the current version:

https://poxbase.com/deck/CudC8QcajCpHc24cf-c1BCxPciQchjC1tcygs1Ys5us2Ls5qs7HS18s6fr2vrYr3vehe1@

Notable changes are:

Added:

Disarm
    - We were having a lot of problems with certain equipments such as Reaper's Blade, as well as debuff equips, and Disarm fixes these problems nicely.

Favor of the Queen - Just a great way to deal with clusters of champs. Works well for snubbing high-scaling ranged attackers or one of your thirsters getting overwhelmed.

Shield - Testing a second copy because this spell is so good.

Morin's Corner: The AoE heal with huge range makes this a great deploy from say, an aspect. It gives lots of charges in addition to being a strong, reusable group heal.

Removed:

Ancient Implications - wasn't pulling its weight, replaced with Favor of the Queen.

Cleansing Storm - This actually wasn't pulling its weight, as divine favor does a good enough job on the global healing and this bg has several sources of purified and cleanse.

Containment Unit - 40 nora for a turn of invlunerability is just gimmicky in this deck. A situation where another rune couldn't fulfill this thing's role really hasn't come up.

1 Granite Bracers - Because wish can give you another one, a second shield may be a better idea.

Other Changes:

Jek is now running Swoop. It lets him catch ranged attackers a lot better. Opp. Assault would still be really nice for those pesky KF bgs, but swooping in tends to be more generally useful. Opp Assault might go back on Wolverine, as he hasn't had much of a role recently.

Crusader now runs throw axe and trail. The healing from trail almost matches heal self but also cleanses and removes terrain, and the range on throw axe is incedibly useful.

I've updated the main post according to these changes, as well as revised some explanations. As usual I'd love feedback!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016