The Reason Your Bonus is Getting Nerfed

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Vorian, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Your faction became too powerful through various buffs, and it got to the point where every1 blamed your bonus for your success. With SP we try to make sure that doesnt happen to us, by nerfing champs which are over the curve. If you cant understand this I feel really sorry for you, unless you are new to the forum. Because every time a faction becomes OP their bonus gets nerfed I have seen it happen so many times! If you cant pick up this trend you must be thick or not trendy.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  2. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Please stop.

scrampy likes this.
  3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

We? There is no we if we're talking about you.....You're not apart of some behind the scenes SP nerf/buff group, stop pretending you make a difference with balance. Stop posting like you know what's good for the game, this Bane Shift is getting annoying and it's kind of condescending, do KF a favor and leave.

DarkJello likes this.
  4. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Everyone's bonuses are subject to change and tinkering.

I'm also replying to this just to see where this thread leads because it's off to a really great start.

potatonuts likes this.
  5. Vorian

By suggesting nerfs to our faction as a SP zealot, people listen and just nerf the runes I suggest. That way we can mitigate the damage done to our faction, and bring everything in line without shoeboxing it. I suggest you try the same for KF. If you dont believe me about us having a special deciding what gets nerfed or not, you can check the forum and we all used to discuss with DMR what to nerf and what to buff. We mainly nerfed.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

My response to yet another Vorian thread:

[​IMG]

JaceDragon likes this.
  7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

****, I nerfed treefolk in the Firking ground because people said it was too OP. The only thing I buffed was Fae and even that was a blanket nerf.
    Firk you and your self righteous attitude, I don't need any help from you, nor does KF. Stop posting in our forums like you're going to help when you're just being a condescending *******.

DarkJello and RedScarlet like this.
  8. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Instead of swearing to that guy, maybe you can take a stand for our classic bonus? Or you are worried your friends in other factions will push you away if you take a stand for KF? If you really think KF needs this nerf, then discuss it. Show why KF is OP and why they deserve to get nerfed away. All logic shows this new bonus is some BS.
    1) its not comparable in power to old bonus or to other factions current bonus
    2) kf champs are supposed to be quick and fragile, not slow and fragile, not slow and tanky
    3) new bonus is for moga or is, good for defense or just throwing troop after trops on your enemy, not at all thematic, not at all in line with KF offensive quick play
    4) no real data shows KF is OP, its just some consensus Bane Shift among the 20 or so haters on these forums (or like I used to call them: meta kids)
    5) many many other kf players who are not active on forums don't like this nerf or the new bonus, just a handful of the kf players who are on forums seems to like it
    6) kf has been degraded into some kind of cheap champ faction, this is way the wrong direction to go. Make KF champs are expensive and powerfull. "Elves are smart and good fighters, they rarely die, but they are not so numerous, so they cost a lot of nora,"

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  9. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

So i think a lot of us are ok with a change, but we really hate the current idea. I agree with polltroys analysis that the current idea is worse than something simple like initiative.

If all they wanted to do was reduce the power of the current bonus, without it requiring half the runea to be rebalanced they could simply scrap the max ap bonus. That alone would be a reasonable nerf w/o jumping off a cliff.

10. polltroy

I think however, the max ap bonus is the core of kf and that they should not touch, not for ff, not for split. Thats what i ask them to keep the most. Its about habit and feeling. U are used to save 5 ap as a kf player. And no one ever complained spilt was powerfull, everyone even said split as kf is Bane Shift. So if they really want to make change, they should leave the max ap for split and ff, and then come up with something thematic and fair in power for ff.

11. DarkJello

I am also VERY suspicious of the nerf herders, but speed kills so a slightly weaker bonus just might be in order.
    As a noobster, I cannot declare one way or the other. (Cause I lack skillz).

Throwing down the proverbial gauntlet in a personal attack on Karmavore seems counterintuitive at best. He is Canadian.
    So your 1st two sentences are refuted. Wrekt!

It does NOT appear that "all logic shows this new bonus is some BS" though. Maybe it will be too weak, and maybe it will be fine. Logic.

Some of points 1 - 6 are subjective, while others do indeed have merit. I think, and this is just me talking out my mouth hole, that too much of a nerf can be fixed. Therefore many KFers are open to the idea of change, if it will improve Pox Nora. Game is fluid, which keeps it fresh and coolio. Perchance KF becomes the king of the losers. Who knows for sure? (Answer: The Sky Wizard). ;)

Overlord of Gelatin out.

12. polltroy

You all should understand if they do this nerf, they will never ever turn it back if it does become ugly. they would rather see KF as a 6% faction for few years or so than to undo the nerf for sure. Its sad because a lot of old kf ppl will feel boored about the game and will not want to restart recollecting with another faction. For me, I have a lot of runes, I can change to any faction, but I don't want to, because im so used to saving 5 ap each turn. That's the most I care about. Plus I don't like the haters who keep saying KF is OP when I know its not true. (last part is subjective and of course a lot of things said in these forums are subjective, if all was super clear and logic, we don't need to argue about it, it would be visible for anyone to see with some brain)

13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

14. Vorian

Its spelled plateau not Plato, and you were the one who called me ********!

15. osufan777

osufan777 The King of Potatoes

I, for one, am not in favor of a wholesale change to the KF bonus. I am an old school player, who granted, rarely posts and my gameplay time ebbs and flows based on personal factors. KF has always had the speed bonus as it is supposed to be the speed faction. At one time, if I remember, it was +2 speed FF and +1 for splits. Then it got changed (nerfed) to +1 speed FF and +1 ap bonus for splits. KF already took a huge nerf once before and I would hate to see such a drastic change again. What kind of speed faction would KF be without a speed bonus? I understand that the new proposed faction bonus tries to mitigate the early game advantage KF can have with the right early draws, but it is too dramatic in its design. And yes I understand the game has seen significant change from the early years, but at the same time the other factions have been given tools to overcome some of the early game advantage KF sometimes enjoys.

If the Devs do decide to go forward with this change, I would humbly request that they also go a little "old school" pox on many of our champs allowing for a +1 speed upgrade on the upgrade path. Just my humble opinion.

I still miss the days of configuring your champs the way you wanted. Sigh.

Edit: Or just change our faction bonus altogether while still having giving a thematic definition to the speed faction: for example, FF receives 20% evasive, and splits receive evasive 10% damage reduction from ranged attacks. If other factions receive universal damage increases and spell resistance, give KF universal evasion as our bonus, imho.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Lol, really. Now you've resulted to 'fixing' my spelling.

It's* & where*

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

@osufan777 , thanks for your feedback!
    (also, I assume your name references the game Osu, which is very difficult for me)

Let me explain, aside from "balance" why I am considering changing the bonus.

But first, I'd like to correct you on the "nerf" of the KF bonus.

The change was when the SPD system was changed to be more intuitive of 1 to 1 AP ratio. Back then, the KF bonus was indeed +2 SPD and +1 SPD for the split, but because 2 SPD = 1 AP back then, in today's terms, the bonus would be +1 SPD and +0.5 SPD.

Unfortunately, 0.5 SPD isn't possible in the new system, so while the FF bonus was not nerfed, the split bonus has, sadly, always been bad.

So why am I considering changing to the bonus?
    1. The current bonus is impossible to work with as it relates to the split bonus; no one is happy with the current split situation (at best you can't say it doesn't bother you)
      • it also creates situations where units that are considered much stronger in FF KF than in Splits
    2. The bonus implies "SPD faction" by giving SPD, but by its very nature, SPD is highly regulated and must be so for balance purposes, thus, in some cases, KF champions are actually slower and/or less mobile
      • KF rarely ever gets 7 SPD champs because of this, despite being "the fast faction"
      • In actuality, rather than being faster, in most cases KF is just cheaper
    While the mini-initiative idea is the one I currently favor, it is by no means the only one I would consider. There have been several others that I've liked, including the mini-flanking bonus that scrampy seems to like lately.

I'd like to give KF a bonus that actually feels like a bonus, rather than feeling like it's just a cost reduction on their champs most of the time.

Sunutsu, DarkJello and Karmavore like this.
  18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

The truth has been spoken.

DarkJello likes this.
  19. osufan777

osufan777 The King of Potatoes

Ahh, you are correct. I admit in my old age I forgot 2 spd =1 ap.

Osufan777 actually means THE Ohio State University fan (national champs!!).

I understand the need for a change, just not a big fan of your current proposal. Basically gives nil advantage in the early turns, and when so many of our champs have seemingly been designed with one less speed due to the faction bonus effect, the new proposed bonus hurts a significant portion of the faction. I do not envy you trying to sort this out. In the end some KF players will adjust to whatever new faction bonus is implemented while others will hate it.

20. DarkJello

I swear to The Sky Wizard (TSW)!!! Have you no shame? Petty.