The Seelie Court - a Fairy Primer

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by MaruXV, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Other stuff that has to be updated:
    1. Crown of Petals gives Ponderous, not Pariah.
    2. Burning Oak Seed needs a mention for when you meet magic eaters - it lets your Oracles continue damaging them.
    3. Same for Frostcall Quiver. Gives you Chill 1 on autos too.
    4. Centaur Banner needs a mention as a major spell hate rune. Also speeds up all Fae in its AoE after enemy spellcasts.
    5. Add Swiftwind to recommended spells - it can grant immunity to most major CCs and cleanses them too.

MaruXV likes this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Carn roots is also spot mobility, and actually last INTO your next turn.

Etherielin likes this.
  4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I wonder if Nymph will be awesome when Possession changes happen? She’s got a simple kit but should go up in ratings a bit.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    MaruXV likes this.
  5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

bridge is too

6. Xirone

I just played a nice combo! Cast Conclave Concordance and create a Sunblossom where you want. Drop a Woodland Portal with the summoned Sunblossom. The Sunblossom can double attack something and then Swap a real champ to its location (assuming full AP). If the real champ being relocated is a Corgi, you can slap Seal of the Vashal on it. With a little practice and good positioning you can really do some good surprise damage and take a font. The combo is pretty versatile, especially with Corgis.

Edit: With Corgi Knight you can actually move the champ 8 spaces. 5 spaces from Swap and then 3 spaces from Charge. When the Corgi Knight arrives at his destination he’ll have Seal of the Vashal on. :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

very nice one. I like also to run a greenhouse to steal from 25squares away unprotected fonts, but thats just a trick, this one seems solid.

Etherielin and Xirone like this.
  8. Xirone

Am I the only one who runs Declare Hunted on Corgi Ranger? Declare Hunted gives some extra power early on when the Fae need it most and the upgrade reduces his cost a bit (which helps early on as well). Battle Leader is great, of course, but shifts the power to mid/late game when the Fae are better (if they survived).

9. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i am not that good player, but I dont like declare hunted here instead of battleleader. Declare hunter gives you the opportunity to leap in, but usually you dont want to do it. Battle leader together with adaptive on oracle and all the buffs makes the mid-late game of faes scary for anybody. Also with only ranger with declare hunted, it becomes a oneshot ability and i dont like it much. I can see it in a dedicated declare hunted bg where almost everybody has declare hunted, so it becomes more solid.

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

upload_2017-11-27_12-32-8.png

i had this crazy idea, why not put in a fiorn + elite blade? i got out the prism. in this way we get some more melee potential, we have 5 units that can equip blade and stay in melee quite easily...

11. Xirone

I love Bliss in a Fae deck but Fiorn can't be bad. Fiorn with a Starlight Sylph near has got to be scary.

MaruXV likes this.
  12. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

why not both?

13. Elves Rule

Because once you start on this path, your bg ends up being meta.

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

thats true , thats true...btw what do you think of fiorn in faes? only fiorn + elite blade ( that can go on corgis too)

15. Xirone

Yeah, I really like to get 6 fairies in play so my summoned Sunblossoms have 11 AP. Anything that isn’t a fairy stops me from doing that. 1 hero makes it in, though!

16. Elves Rule

I mean he's basically just a 2x2 corgi knight that punches harder, in essence.

MaruXV and Etherielin like this.
  17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

horn + blade + anc.anger charge for 40dmg ;)

18. Xirone

I just learned that Nymph's Possession and Thorn Trap work nicely together. If you possess an opposing champ, you can control that champ for 3 turns. On your last turn with the possessed champ, you can strategically drop a Thorn Trap. When the champ's possession wears off, the Thorn Trap triggers automatically, before AP is accrued, so the SPD debuff takes effect right away. With Thorn Trap and a source of slow (Hinder Movement, for example) you can get the champ's SPD down to 1 or 2.

Etherielin, Alakhami and Tweek516 like this.
  19. Etherielin

A small update to my BG.
    [​IMG]
    ADDED:
    - Grimlic's Bane: I played without it for a long while and KF, as a faction, is simply too dependant on it as a finisher - it also works with Oracles' adaptive to the full extent.
    - Lost Grimoire: The prevalence of burst damage in the meta made this equip incredibly valuable by reducing ALL sources of damage higher than 10 by 5. This includes spells, champions, relics and even KNOCKBACK itself. Suppression also leads to gaining an upper hand in a lot of engagements. x1 auto in current meta imo.
    REMOVED:
    - Petrichor: Ultimately the +12 heal didn't help much as you always want to prevent damage in the first place instead of letting it happen. Was a quick cut.
    - Herbal Antidote: this one was a tough choice, but ultimately I decided to remove it - the current meta favours burst damage over CC / DoTs and herbal antidote's spot cleansing power isn't as valuable as usual. Will most likely come back in the future in place of something else.

WHAT NEEDS UPDATING IN THE #1 POST:
    - Crown of Petal no longer gives Pariah ever since it was granted Ponderous.
    - Corgi Knight's importance of prioritising spreading the Thunderous Charge's slow over damage needs to be pointed out.
    - Wisp could most likely use to go down to 3.5 as non-basic attacks are more prevalent, meaning that One with Nora isn't as useful as one would hope.

@MaruXV

sWeNibor and MaruXV like this.
  20. Etherielin

@MaruXV You forgot to update the post. :p

MaruXV likes this.