The Unholy Tomb dilemma: Tempo and Nora Gen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Lol. Good ol' forum banter.

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

His deck wasn't destroyed can you stop feeding into that bullshit. That's like me saying prenerf juya being nerfed destroyed my bg. The runes that were changed are still entirely playable including Deathguard.

JellyBerry, SPiEkY and Pedeguerra like this.
  3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

a lot changed with that patch and UT was a crutch, i was barely effected and still needed to adapt my deck after that patch to adjust to the change in the meta.

if I was FW it would of taken me quite a bit longer to tweak my deck to a point where I was happy.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

UT wasn't even hit that hard, though. In fact, in most cases, it wasn't even a nerf at all. It just stopped being a win-con, for the most part.

5. calisk

ya I like it better the way it is honestly but I'd still need to test with it and evaluate it, make adjustments to my deck and for me anyway I'm constantly tweaking my deck and revaluating choices in my deck and after a patch like that one a lot of tactics would needed to be changed.

UT would no longer be my auto win/attrition engine, HS which I would of been spamming hard is no longer quite as efficient, bodyguard spam was no longer as efficient either. plus I'd need to evaluate how the meta has changed and if perhaps a whole new approach would be appropriate. The changes were significant changes to the way FW was playing their decks in the meta, I don't think FW is bad but the decks they were running prior to that patch took significant hits, and would need to be changed and adapted quite a bit.

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

If MW couldn't adapt to the change maybe he wasn't such a good player as he claimed after all.
    Case closed.
    I still think Backlash could be buffed to the 1:1 damage/nora ratio.

limone1981 and SPiEkY like this.
  7. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

The hotfix affected 3 runes. Completely ignoring the fact that the runes are still completely playable. Does it take you more than a day to reevaluate 3 runes in your bg? Hotfix was on friday. Their game was on saturday..

SPiEkY and Pedeguerra like this.
  8. calisk

three essential runes yes, hell if they just changed gale I'd need to reevaluate and modify my deck to such a degree it would indeed take more then a day, and that's assuming I even had time to do it on the day before the challenge and play test it for 10 or 11 games.

also boost,commander, and defender changed, and some abilities got recosted causing champs in all factions to change costs.

one rune can make or break a deck...if you don't think so well, that's your opinion I guess.

9. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

I think the point is, the patch hit everyone, not only mw or bp. If they're equally in skill, both should be able to comprehend and adjust their deck accordingly.

10. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

But patches never hit things equally.

I can see what calisk is saying here, no question at all.

Do I think it would have made a difference? Hell no, BP is a better player than MW - simple as that.

But - I think calisk's point is fair.

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

people around here think that fair and unfair are determined by the end result rather than the process.

Anotherblackman likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm sorry.

Everything changed. He had 4 days to change bgs or whatever. He has all these people giving him runes apparently, shouldn't be too hard. I played other bgs as well, boo hoo.

He agreed before the new patch, so did I. He prides himself on playing everything better than me. If he can't change bgs in 4 days, he's full of Bane Shift. Just like you.

13. calisk

wow...I still think you had him beat no matter what burn, some people have lives not everyone can find time to play pox to the same degree as the top players, I've barely had any time to play pox since the patch let alone tweak my decks and it's been a lot longer then he had.

anyway good for you you beat mw. wouldn't want you to badger me into some stupid contest to get me banned so i'll leave you alone now.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Are you actually ********?

This guy plays more games the last months than me. He constantly shittalks everyone about being better than them and that he's only second to devils and tiny. He can play any bg in any faction. And he's the victim when I challenge him to prove it?

You're so goddamn oversensitive and scared that this poor little guy got banned, that you're completely ignoring the fact that everything he posted on the forums for the last couple of months was asking for it. How god damn ignorant are you?

15. calisk

because I don't think players being stupid or Bane Shift talking in poxnora of all games is ban worthy.

would be no different if you lost to him and got banned, the only difference between him and half the people who are over confident and full of themselves in pox is that he doesn't have the skill to back it up.

16. Ragic

mw didn't get banned for what he posted over the last month. a high ranker posting obnoxiously? that's nothing new. he got banned for losing a match (and agreeing to it).. so the conditions of that match are what is being debated here. not whether or not he had it coming.

17. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

then maybe it's not right for him to talk Bane Shift in the first place, this is all simply burn teaching him a lesson

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

He was completely free to accept the challenge without getting banned.

Holy Bane Shift, 7 days not posting, his life must be ruined. You have some issues.

MEATMAN and SPiEkY like this.
  19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I'd suggest calming down, this is beginning to be unpleasantly reminiscent. Rather than make a conflict out of it lets be happy there actually was a community event and Bane Shift. MW isn't really crushed either, so you don't need to defend him. Even though I commend the effort, despite his annoying habits.

20. Ragic

youre still making this about mw. that's a straw man. its about how it happened, not who it happened to. iow...

rematch