The UnNamed Game

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Zed, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Zed

Zed New Member

Greetings all, I used to play Pox Nora - will be coming back when I have some money to put into the game...

At work I currently work in IT, and along side doing my job, I have started (only just) creating an RPG (Final Fantasy 6 Style - with smoother edges)

Any assistance in quest lines (find x, kill y, or big quest chains) would be appreciated (also any tile / character / image sets sources would be greatly appreciated)

I do need a name for the game itself!

Source 1 First Town:

[​IMG]

This is the first concept of my starter town (intro hasn't been put in yet - don't have a fully structured story line so main quest line is currently in the works).

Basically, basic shops, couple of quests and a main quest to let you get out of the town, I am still working on the visuals (adding trees/grass/flowers e.c.t.) but what do you think? :)

EDIT: Faded squares are events (Doors / Chests / People / Hidden objects e.c.t.).

EDIT2: Here is the first internal concept for general housing
    (I was thinking about, on entry you could still see some of the outside, it is visually appealing, but it does take a lot more time, and sometimes proves difficult to mirror (due to different tile sets being used - and wouldn't always be 100% accurate, which is what would've bugged me!)

[​IMG]

2. Zed

Zed New Member

Updated 07/04/2014 - see below 2 new map sets (replacing the previously posted) and also, included a new fishing mini game throughout the game
    (gotta love fun time wasters!)

Sample1
    [​IMG]

Sample2:
    [​IMG]

Fishing Game:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  3. Zed

Zed New Member

Reserved2

4. Zed

Zed New Member

Reserved 3 ( shouldn't need any more posts) will be trying to show visuals e.c.t. (will change to links if I need too)

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

what is that big structure up top?

what are the other structures?

there is a war and demons and stuff and it's medievalish setting yet there are no town walls, not even simple pallisades. IRL medieval people thought nature was scary and they didn't have demons running around.

a town of the size shown would be abbandoned in times of crisis because of the problems attached to not being big enough to support a militia/guard, yet everything is made of stone, not even a single wooden shed in sight.

no food production visible either. unless that one with the one window and the red plants is some sort of grain store and field.

unless these people are very stupid they would have built the stone structures not of religious significance or a persons status next to eachother to save stones and not have to pay/work as much, unlike mud,wood and thatch longhouses wich would be seperate because they get longer as more cattle/ living space is needed, but then as earlier written up ^ there ^ somewhere there is no cattle/food production visible.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  6. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

Graphics remind me of the Lufia (2) game.

7. Zed

Zed New Member

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

What if the mens of the town were all hunting/farming, and the bandits are coming (because it's **** season) so the women trust you with defending the village at first.
    Then, when the men return a messenger comes and tell that there is a warband approaching and you have to convince them to build a palisade by bringing a former war engineer made into a hermit to join the town.
    When the warband arrives, they were the good guys, and they were looking for the war engineer so they take you also.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

where I am from we only have winter, spring, second winter, summer and autumn.
    you must live on the southern hemisphere or something :p

Edit: Forgot about second winter for a second, also we skipped normal winter this year, all the cold went to america, was really annoying hearing about that polar vortex. :(

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    GabrielQ likes this.
  10. Zed

Zed New Member

Lmao "because it's **** season" made me laugh more than it should have!
    Welp I am going to keep on updating if anyone is interested, should post a new pic up today of more detailed place (or the first cave) woop woop

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Which version of RPG maker is this? Also I would recommend laying the roads on the first layer and then buildings for the second with trees, roofs, fences etc for the third. the path can run under the house so that the paths don't seem to stop short for the door.

12. Zed

Zed New Member

yeah thanks for that Markoth, I Plan to do it on the new maps (going to upload now) once I put doors and such in, as working on environment then events afterwards,

Its VX Ace :)

**I took a complete uturn, and started again, as stated the map was a bit too open, so this forest village seems a bit better, all criticism / praise / suggestions welcome :)**