The Your Story - End Game - The KTCAOP Story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Loyaute, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Encouraged.

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

no, the real reason to think i'm mafia is because of how i was pushing gav- even if what he said is false, if he is in fact mafia, he's taking a huge risk claiming such an irrelevant role and putting himself in the spotlight. he's definitely not clear, but it'd be long odds as a mafia member.

i was hoping he'd pop up with a different target to latch onto which is why i pressured, go figure he shoots for me again. the others who latched onto gav here are xin and napalm monk, but that isn't particularly telling one way or the other

others are being somewhat quiet for now. guess we wait (i wrote this out after my post saying gav always thinks i'm maf, and just let it sit overnight in hopes someone else would post. nothing relevant happened)

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Is the night phase only 12 hours because the day 0 phase was 24? Or is it also 24 and I'm a bit suspicious of a few ppl I'll elaborate later

blazinsoul likes this.
  4. Loyaute

Each phase is 24 hours.
    A complete phase is 48, containing day and night.

5. KingJad

Xinde being one of them for reasons stated by dagda which isn't definitive, napalm monk I don't really have an opinion enough he seems innocent enough

blazinsoul likes this.
  6. KingJad

Thanks my first maf game but I followed all of the last one so I think I have everything else down

blazinsoul likes this.
  7. Loyaute

Don't post elephants.

8. KingJad

Hehe yea I thought that was un nessecary spam for pages long of discussion that was already hard to follow

blazinsoul likes this.
  9. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Wow. Been busy recently.... Promoting the Life in Color concert series in my college as well as setting up some local parties because it's the week of the race. This is the biggest party week/weekend at my school so as you can imagine I am a bit preoccupied. In any case I will stay with the game and am caught up.

Thoughts:
    Gav claimed. I can understand from a towns perspective why he did this even before night one but I can also see the reason people are suspicious. Honestly though, that would be an extremely bold move for a member of mafia to do this early. I won't say that I doubt gav's capability of pulling off such a move, I just don't think that he would up and decide to do that.... if that makes sense. because of that, I get a town sense from him.

Dagda is the one who seems to be disputing it the most, but I can understand why he wants to potentially lynch gav. A) we have no other strong leads atm and B) on the off chance that he is fake claiming, we can catch a mafia. I am dubious though so I would like to at the very least, obviously, wait until the night kill happens to finalize that decision. As of right now I would tend to want to not vote for gav.

A couple other people have me a tid bit uneasy but I think that for the most part it can be attested to the fact that gav claiming is a big move....and it's hard to react to that.

10. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

also @GabrielQ .... You are correct that we can not confirm Gav's claim, but looking at the nature of the power that he is claiming i would argue that the claim does in fact help more than just himself (assuming he is town). If a cop checks him and he is checked as mafia, that could be detrimental to town when he is killed and flipped as the miller. Also, with no counterclaims yet and while we don't know every role available, miller is a common role and I would expect it to be in most games. It's a tough role to work with and this is why I think that Gav got the claim out as early as possible.

11. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Guess I have to close my umbrella stand for the night, since everyone is hiding from wolves.

12. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Ironically, his quick claim is exactly WHY I am suspicious, though I won't call for a lynch just yet since there is no evidence to anything. "Extremely bold" moves can work very well if played right, especially if the Mafia is packing some more powerful roles and wants to throw in a red herring to confuse or disrupt us. We will have to see how the night kill plays out, If Gav is killed and flips as a Town Miller, the Mafia just wasted a night and new suspects will be brought up.

If the mafia kills someone else, then Gav's potentially secret role or identity is somewhat further protected, or Gav has doomed a bigger role to death. Either way I think we need to wait for the night kill to determine anything.

Also, where are the other players? Does no one else want to add any input?

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

maybe they are afraid that posting will make you call for their deaths as you have done against me?

I agree that the role claim is suspicious.

14. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

This is where we disagree. Where you may close your umbrella stand, I take the risk to engage in an umbrella market that is now my monopoly at night. Wolves revere daifuku umbrellas too. I have the superior product :p

15. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just an fyi, I only disagree with the fact that gav claimed on day 0 when mafia gets the first move. The best thing a miller can do for town is to get NK'd by mafia. I'm not a fan of how this played out because traditionally there is no discussion during day 0 because it's either disallowed or it serves to help mafia more than town. Plus the "random" nature of night 1 is what makes the games interesting.

On the topic of dagda being mafia... He's been known to play about the same whether he's town or mafia. He's only slightly more scummy as scum, but you'd have to be paying close attention (and possibly even reference past games).

16. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I assume town also gets to activate night powers though.

17. Loyaute

If they gots em, yup.

18. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'll protect you with my daifuku umbrella no problem. Or hit you with the pointy end :p

19. Xinde

Focus on night actions is more scum-oriented, mostly because there is no guarantee that town has any night powers, let alone which. While there is a pretty good chance that mafia will kill at least one person each night.

20. Xinde

Like, it's less to do with you being miller, than the fact that you got discussion going before town has an opportunity to vote.