The Your Story - End Game - The KTCAOP Story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Loyaute, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

2. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I feel I have to explain my actions.

A mass roleclaim happened.l, which I hated. I didn't want to claim vt because that wouldn't be any fun for either side. I claimed a power role. Wasn't gonna reveal my targets until asked. When I was asked, I chose people who I THOUGHT wouldn't have active powers. Dag being a mason was a good choice, and I justified it decently, I thought. Gav I said because he claimed miller, and traditionally there aren't more than one power per person. I did not think that he would be the miller AND the roleblocker.

as soon as he claimed roleblocker also I was like.... Bane Shift. But people didn't notice the details for a while, and I wasn't gonna say anything... Then xinde got nosey and pointed it out. Dammit.

I made up a lie as a desperate attempt to cover my tracks, but you guys saw through it I guess. To be fair,I was actually using a dainty keyboard... That much wasn't a lie. In any case I have no problem blaming my loss on the simple fact that gav had two roles in one. That's unfair and I didn't expect it. Had he not been given a double role, I would have gotten away with it. :(

Geressen and Xinde like this.
  3. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

MVP dainty keyboard.

Dagda likes this.
  4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

in fairness there's always been the vig that shows up maf, tacking miller onto something else isn't out of the question

#daintykeyboard2016

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

6. Xinde

Didn't you read the story? He wanted the D.

Dagda likes this.
  7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i was just too beautiful, he needed my face

8. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

Now that the game is done I can do a full reveal of my role. I get a big gold star if I live til the end and all the VT die. Other than that I did Firk-all.

Well done Xinde, you won this one for the town almost singlehandedly, and you werent town.

Well played Gav, wise to partial RC, I dont think I would have been able to pull that off.

PT - Dainty keyboard.

Thanks for the game Loyaute, always love your flavor.

Good job everyone, see you next game! ( Other than Emries, you suck, seriously. )

PS: I thought about killing every one of you every time I read any of your posts. ( Other than PT .)

9. Xinde

Wait, Napalm you what? Lol. So the thing about my role. I thought I was town. Halfway through day 1 my role went from

YOU ARE PATIENT PETE aka town vigilante-ish -
    You once arrived at a party 5 days after it happened, ruining family dinner. After Night 2, you gain a one shot night kill.

to

YOU ARE PATIENT PETE aka town-ish vigilante-ish -
    You once arrived at a party 5 days after it happened, ruining family dinner. After Night 2, you gain a one shot night kill. You don't count towards town majority.

But apparently I still won if town won, so idk what was up.

10. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

That's awesome. Balance is really tough to create in a mafia game.

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I want to say that if this would've been a IRL thing (not IRL mafia game, IRL murder banana island) I would have punched xinde, more than once.

12. Xinde

I believe it. I was kind of a ****, but you were kind of playing like an idiot, too.

13. Xinde

Oh wait, you said not IRL mafia. xD

In that case I would have probably used my night kill on you lol.

14. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

So I was doing good....... Too bad B and V are right next to eachother

Not if the powers are set up the traditional way...... Then it is in fact pretty balanced

15. Napalm Monk

Napalm Monk Member

No, I did think you were mafia bud, sorry.

And playing trad maf over and over would be boring as Bane Shift, no matter the flavour.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I foresee more dainty keyboard mustypes in the future

and freudian sluts.

17. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Less traditional setups work just fine and aren't that hard to balance (unless you go totally nuts).

I think a simple setup is always fun though...

I really think 'the day game' is the core of mafia gameplay and what makes it so damn fun. VT is generally my favourite thing to play as, haha.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
    Xinde likes this.