The Your Story - End Game - The KTCAOP Story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Loyaute, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

Please explicitly explain the reason behind your vote?

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

eat a @#*!

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I was suspicious of Xinde Gav and Greysands I specifically said I thought napalm was innocent because I had already said I agreed with dagda's reasons so I figured ppl would believe that I support his opinion of napalm monk when I don't really see him as a suspicious character yet and I believe I already addressed the last question

blazinsoul likes this.
  4. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

[​IMG]

5. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Vote: Dagda

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

what, you don't like tacos?

7. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

This post makes me want to

VOTE: GabreilQ

for now at least.

8. Xinde

You aren't addressing why I found it suspicious. I found it suspicious because Dagda wasn't suspicious of either me or Napalm. You said you were suspicious of me "for reasons stated by dagda." Were there other reasons at the time? Because Dagda didn't mention anything specifically saying that I should be more suspicious over Napalm Monk.

If at the time you were suspicious of Gav and Greyhands, why go out of your way to only single me out?

Is this supposed to be your answer to my third question?

9. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Hm.....I'm kinda confused as to what is going on at the current moment, so I'll start from the beginning with things:

Greysands died from "a case of dying and face removal.", so where are people getting Incineration from? Is Incineration something more important than I realize? Does Incineration = face removal? Additionally, Greysands only said ONE thing before he died, that being "Vote Banana", which basically means he was a lurker at this stage. The Mafia may have killed him off to prevent serious discussion (woulda been sparked from someone like myself or Xinde being killed). Additionally, if we are going based on his lone post, I would think Gerb is Mafia due to his connection with Bananas that he has proven thus far.

Gaverion's suspicion of me: I don't think I've done anything suspicious thus far except question a day 0 role claim like other people. I'd like to hear your reasoning, if you wouldn't mind, especially since I'm the top of the list (if it's in order).

Gerb, in all his strangeness, posted that he put something in the magical mailbox, which according to Loy is where powers go. Obviously he didn't need to post in the forums, since I assume powers are pm'd for secrecy, but he did. So it's either gerb being gerb, he has a power and just told us, or is being sneaky with something.

King Jad claims he isn't mafia due to his own ability to tell his own alignment.....nothing much to see or do here unless we want to claim it's a front.

Dagda stated "on a different note, is no one else curious about greys being the only one to get whacked in the night but also being incinerated? suggests to me that a medic got a lucky hit, or that mafia tie-voted (which would be hilarious)". I don't quite get this.....isn't Grey's death rattle just part of the story? How does this work with the Medic? If they had targeted Grey, wouldn't he still be alive? A Tie-voted mafia doesn't get a kill, right? It HAS to be a majority?

Xinde is hyperactive in posting, and I think it's kinda strange that he is trying to force answers out of people with such gusto.

With everything above, I guess I'm asking for clarification of "Incineration" against Greysands, Gerb's sneaky powers thing with the mailbox, Gav's suspicion of me, and Xinde posting up a storm.

For now, based on the posts and personal feeling, I VOTE: Xinde for now.

10. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

To add onto the above list, my suspicions lie with (in no particular order):

Xinde
    King Jad
    Gaverion

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

for the first point, I was just pointing out that in my opinion, his early claim only helps himself for the reasons I explained, I think that a later claim, at least after the first night would be more benefitial for us than his choice.
    for the second I was refering to the post that was just after the nightkill, it looked out of context to me.

12. Xinde

I'm pretty active because a) I'm not dead, and b) I've got the time, since my last class of the semester just finished (going into finals week).

About Dagda's theory on "incineration", it's only referred to as such because it's an uncommon power (you could look it up on mafiascum wiki). The reasoning behind Dagda's theory is that mafia vanilla night kill having that effect by default would be slightly overpowered, so the more reasonable assumption is that some kind of vigilante with that effect enacted a night kill, while mafia's night kill failed for some reason or other (which may or may not be related to doc/medic). That's all theory of course.

Is it this post?

It looks like he just wanted to get out who he thought was mafia. A common strategy is to periodically give "read lists" which is to say mention who you think is mafia, and why, and who you think is town, and why. That way, in the event that you die, everyone else knows how you stood on different issues. Keeping your thoughts to yourself doesn't help town because you can come up with all these elaborate plans in your head, but if you never voice them, and end up dying, then they never go through because they were never heard. That's why I like people to explicitly state things so as to minimize ambiguity.

Interesting note: Gaia is suspicious of both myself and Jad. If he and I were both scumbuddies I would pat myself on the back for such a bold play.

13. Xinde

To clarify, the he in my note is referring to Jad.

14. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

So far only one vote out.... I will be busy at the concert tonight but I will try to check in as much as possible... however I do want to get a vote out. I am tempted to vote for gav, but as I said I really do not think that he is mafia. I do however get a scummy vibe from Gaiaix and I might have to act on it. He is adding more to this game than last which could mean either he is trying to make up for not being as active last game or because he is trying especially hard to fit in due to being mafia. Also I don't really understand his scum list other than Gav.... those people are pretty low on mine. So for now, I will tentatively VOTE: Gaiaix555

15. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

oops, looks like more than one vote out now that i look again.... guess I missed the others but still my statement stays the same

16. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

I understand that "Incineration" was probably a Mafia Vigilante skill, but how do we know it was exercised or not? Is it the death-recounting thing about face removal? If the Mafia DID Night Kill AND Vigilante-Nuke the same person, the question would be why? I wouldn't think they would be so uncoordinated.....

If we can trust the Mafia Vigilante ability down (might be 1shot, might be more), then the town just got a huge bonus to their play.

Xinde: can you explain your note further? Maybe I'm just tired, but I don't quite get it.

PurpleTop: I think I'm adding about the same as last game, if you go review the thread I posted quite a bit in the early stages of the game until my removal. My scumlist is based on Gaverion's claim and play, King Jad simply on a feeling, and Xinde due to all the postings and attempt to get lots of people talking. Knowing Xinde has a reason to post so much does put some pressure on my thought, so I'll keep that in mind. I'll go ahead and say "I'm Town", but that isn't a very good defense without any backup to prove it, and I don't think I can quite prove myself Town just yet.

As for votes, I think we have.....4 or 5 going around now, 1 for me (PurpleTop), 2 for Xinde (GabrielIQ and Gaiaix555), 1 for KingJad (Dagda), and 1 for Dagda (Emries). That may not be all of them, just off the top of my head.

17. Xinde

Current votes (correct me if I missed anything):

Click the arrow on the quote for context. These are in order.

12 players left, so 7 votes needed to hammer.
    Xinde: 3
    KingJad: 2
    Dagda: 1
    GabrielQ: 1
    Gaiaix555: 1

18. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Oh also, can we hear your list Purpletop?

19. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Thank you for doing the votelist Xinde, I missed 3 of them in mine, although it was just based on this first page.

20. Xinde

The idea behind guessing at the "incineration" skill is because usually role/alignment is revealed upon death. Since we didn't find out who Grey was, then something is up. No on is implying that the mafia and a hypothetical vig killed the same target.
    My note is just jesting at the fact that it would be highly amusing for both Jad and me to be mafia since I called him out at the start of the game (and him doing something similarish against me?).