Theme Adjustments #2 - Maljaran Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 8, 2015.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

what about
    pride of aliur- when this champion is deployed all champions gains hunter: meek
    soul of aliur- when this champion is deployed it gains foe: Meek

since most of leoss is expensive both hunter meek and foe meek will allow to tank or supress Opponents from spamming 65 nora champs

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Honestly. This isn't have half bad idea. They are meant to be super against the mongrels of the Kanen. Most of which have fairly low costs. It would also prevent the enemy from swarming which is what the Leoss fighting style depends on to survive.

I think we should discuss things similar to this. It could lead to a beneficial result.

3. chickenpox2

i made mistake meant to give soul when deployed all champs gain foe meek but i realized just soul should have foe meek cause they only tanky

not sure about global meek to aoe 4 which will keep similar machanics

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yeah. Wasn't necessarily agreeing to the way you implemented the mechanic. Just the idea behind it.

5. chickenpox2

what about if it was like the wings
    pride of aliur- when a champion with the same race is deployed it gains hunter meek for 4 turns
    soul of aliur- when a champion with same race is deployed it gains foe meek for 4 turn

6. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

god no... the sigil style of deploy or sandbag is awful

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Since Pride of Aliur champs were designed to go solo, I would give them hunter meek as long as there all other champs the player controls have Soul of Aliur. Perhaps allow two Pride champs, or one Pride and one non-Soul before losing the ability.

8. chickenpox2

why not make it as long as there a champ with same race in the field they gain hunter meek/foe meek that way we don't have to rely on specific runes to trigger the abilities at the still allow them the abilities phlanx formation

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

They're designed to go solo, so if there is a champ with the same race, they're not solo.

10. chickenpox2

cannoning is very boring racial look what happened to liches they are completely dry cause they mainly work around surge
    At the moment they sort of like that but at least they have a decent variety of abilities that help to support each other without any support racials are pretty boring to run

11. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Perspective of a noob and playing torts FF KF:

So far in my limited experience, tortun trade and pillage are both great in their own respects but banditry needs to just disappear off upgrades. Tortalleon Transport is AMAZING at 48 nora. Tortun gunslinger needs to lose piercing shot all together. Tortun Grenader needs range one with another bomb in place of explosive attack. Torton captian needs range 4-5 to be a little more back lines. Tortalleon Pygmy needs to be more attack focused and less def. Transport fits the 2x2 def roll just fine and there is never need for another unit in that same roll.

Baskitkase likes this.
  12. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Imo remove tortuns trade, pillage and banditry from 95% of tortuns. Replace with a useful abillity.

Tortuns already have ponderous and tortun shell. That's 2 racial abillities, probably one too much. Ponderous shouldn't be on every tortun. Their stats don't all need to be this high. They don't all need 3 def and 50 hp.

chickenpox2 and SPiEkY like this.
  13. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

This is why Sok is the person in charge of balancing.... :)

14. chickenpox2

i'm still waiting for leoss
    outrunner need cost reduction
    reduce to 7 speed and give initiative upgeade on path 1 and mountineer on base?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, his coat is way too thick, it's already spring now

chickenpox2, Qucas and Netherzen like this.
  16. chickenpox2

anyway this what i was thinking for outrunner
    Nora cost 72
    Damage 9 |Speed 6|Def 0|Range 1-2|Hp 46 |
    Base
    Attack spear
    Detection 2
    Pride of Aliur
    Pindown

UG1
    Initiative 1/2 (default) Reinforcement 1
    UG2
    Evasive 1/2(default) /3

17. chickenpox2

@sassquatch and @Gaedel you guys got anything for leoss racial?
    We need more ideas lol

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is still planned, I just haven't had time to review and formulate a plan yet with all the other stuff going on.

19. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

Please adjust Jangar Arcanis. It seems too strong at the moment.

20. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

doesnt fix the Leoss theme as a whole, and while he is played, he doesnt seem like a powerhouse to me without Soul of Ailur nearby, and herein lies the problem that people are trying to solve: Maljaran race adjustments :p

Slight idea:
    Pride of ailur feels like the "shaman" of the village. only 1 can be in play at any given time. Gets a boost for every Soul of Ailur in play. And Pride of ailur gives boosts like regal presence does. (Leoss Magnate is used as my example here)
    While Soul of Ailur are the warriors of the Village. Without Pride of ailur in play they get a reduction of stats and has something like soul bond or something.

I'm really curious what the results will be