Theme Adjustments #2 - Maljaran Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 8, 2015.

1. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Imo, Fuel Rage is interesting. But it could be taken away (with edits to the runes to maintain power), in order to focus them more. I kinda dislike them because whenever I look at them, I just see Swiss Army knives with fur. It seems kinda... Meh, in terms of flavor and design.
    Basically I'd like to see them refocused, with less abilities, but better ones.

I'll be honest, I haven't seen people playing Stitched at higher tiers. If I'm wrong and they're up there stomping people, please let me know.
    Everyone says they lack diversity, when what they really lack is the ability to protect themselves in ways sufficient to get their shtick going. It's possible, but against most other bg's, it seems to have too much risk and cost to make it worth a lot of the time.
    It's rather odd to me that they have so many interesting abilities, but actually end up lacking a lot of ones that would help their theme as a whole.
    One example being the lack of relic focused abilities.
    Then again, I could be horridly wrong (if I am, I would also appreciate details as to why, preferably evidence or something).

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Stitched need to be played right with the right deck in order to be viable, which is why you tend not to see it at higher ranks.

That's kind of what people mean when they say that they lack diversity: That the decks (in order to not suck) are quite literally the same as each other.

SireofSuns and Netherzen like this.
  3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

For being franqly, I only liked the defense drop on some of them, but the abbilities change are not good.

Fishkiss: is a great tank, he is the one who charge in enemy, and tank from there protecting the ranged ones, I like tough and his 3 dfs for this, Tanking.

Galesinger: liked you suggestions, totally agree with you on this.

Grenadier: he is fine right now, he cost a a little more than the most of runes, but droping his dfs and HP would be the sollution, his abillity lines are very good right now.

Minelayer: maybe will be fine, if not become a new Skezick Trapper, wich is not that good due to cost he have. The same will goes to this one, his cost will be too much. And his combo is fun to use, knockback making the mine proc.

Pygmy: great suggestion, and like to see Combo: Devastate on him again, miss his gold era.

Mortar: is fine with Siege, he is a Mobile Mortal after all, but 4spd is a joke, make 5 or 6, and drop his dfs to 0 or 1, he don't need it anyway.

Craghide: is fine, do a great job right now.

Risen Grenadier: cost too much, fuse bomb is really so expensive?

Bokor: he dont have a gun in hand, why Atack pistol on him? Make it 1-2 if still want range, but make it a close quarter one.

Corsair: Atack pistol + pistol shot? WTF? Atk:physical + pistol shot would be fine.

Gunsliger: take away piercing shot, put something else, and dfs changed to 2 or 1.

Portalmage: take away Atack, and put more ways to earn charges on him, so make him a charge sup guy.

Repeater: lay trap fire for what? put something more interesting on him, maybe cripple to auto slow down the enemy.

The rest I think is fine right now, and dont need changes, maybe some cost reduction by lowering 1dfs or some HP.

4. Lexard

Lexard The King of Potatoes

• Stitched - Large Stitched drops 2 remains

will they drop 2 nora globes?

5. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

All female kanen are Crones, but they are not listed as Class: Crone (but the effect of Kanen Banner still works).
    Here's the lsit if you want:
    -Kanen Crone, Kanen Cultist, Kiergana, Ritual Cultist, Ritual Crone, Spark Crone.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'd put money on Kanen as one of the hardest themes to play at max efficiency, even though they are one of the easier ones to pick up and immediately do alright -- mass Fuel Rage gives them a Yggdrasilian decision tree each turn. Really don't think they are the best of the Maljaran races though. Multi-lane fighting hurts a lot, and they have few outs against melee/physical hosers.

7. EmperorSauron

EmperorSauron I need me some PIE!

I still want stitched first to lose his basic attack and all dmg, instead giving him either psychic ping 1 or death pact. Or maybe even give him psychic aura on base because people are gonna choose transfer life as an upgrade anyways. Currently although First is half-decent I feel that with the multiple reconstructs he can only do one every 3 turns anyways, and no one is gonna send him into melee attack range during those 3 turns.

8. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Kanen Slipped used to be the go to for solo contesting fonts, right? Back when he had Thirst For Battle/Assault or whatever? I feel with Kanen, there are some maps where I just know I'm going to lose because splitting up is just gunna get all my dogs blown up.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

What ever happened to this thread?

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

It looks like it was necroed on january 15, 2016

darklord48 likes this.
  11. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Well tortun and leoss recived some changes after this thread.Stitched and kanen are still mostly as they were.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

It just seems like Sokolov has a more grandiose plan.

Kampel likes this.
  13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I thought Leoss was going to get their themes changed?
    @Sokolov

14. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

I like how Leoss are easy to use, I hope Sok don't change them to a hard to use gameplay

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

savage

@thatblackguy