Theme Adjustments #2 - Maljaran Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

My only gripe with this would be the loss of Tariff. Tariff to me is amazing, especially on Corsair. I would like to see that stay, or maybe get transferred to a different tort. It seems that for a pirate theme, only right for them to have Tariff, also it works extremely well with Mangleshell/Thunder nora combos

sassquatch likes this.
  2. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Well even though I do write in my spare time for fun, and I have been told I am decent at it, I didn't write any of that :p I just quoted it from the poxnora main site's lore thread.

I do love to read the lore thread and also write fan fiction about the game. If they wanted too I would gladly write for the game itself. No profit/money needed to get me to write, I would do it for pure fun and go old enjoyment.

3. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

I posted this a while ago and i guess people didn't see it, here's my suggestion

Pride of Ailur-This Champion has two pride stacks and 1 soul stack. This champion gains 2 dmg for every 3 soul stack, every 6 soul stacks it gains 1 range
    Soul of Ailur-This Champion has 2 soul stacks and 1 pride stack. This champion gains 1 def for every 3 pride stacks, every 8 pride stacks it gains 1 rank of tough

This makes them work together globally, and they work together to get stacks up. In the current situation, if you had 3 prides and 1 soul, kill the soul and everything is poop. Also leoss atm are trash because they must stay grouped with certain other leoss.

With the suggestion, if you deployed a ton of offensive champs and 1 defensive champ, the defensive champ would be super tanky
    whereas if you deployed a ton of defensive+1 offensive, the offensive would be really strong

Early game:
    You have 1 offensive and 1 defensive deployed, each would have 3 of each stack which means the offensive champ has +2 damage. The defensive champ has +1 defense.
    Deploy 1 more offensive, 5/4 stacks, no bonus
    Deploy 1 more offensive, 7/5 stacks, offensive champ are still at +2, defensive champ is at +2 def OR deploy defensive, 5/7, offensive gains 4 damage and defensive no bonus
    Deploy 1 more offensive on a offensive, 9/6 stacks This is the money shot. The dmg buff is at +4 for exactly 6 stacks and gains 1 range, defensive gains 3 def and 1 rank of tough

The one you have less of is stronger at what it does, the one you have more of is weaker, but still gains a buff at what it does

4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

How about some kind of discount
    Pride of Aliur - Champions within 4 spaces soul of Aliur gains +2 damage and for every Pride champion the next Soul of ailur champion is reduced by 2 nora
    Soul of Aliur - Champions within 4 spaces Pride of Aliur gains +2 Defence and for every Soul champion the next Pride of ailur champion is reduced by 2 nora

5. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

X champ needs to be near Y champ was not a the best idea in the first place for a Leoss racial. And nora stuff is Tortun not Leoss. Something more unique would be nice.

Thbigchief likes this.
  6. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Wouldn't 50hp make those tortuns that shouldnt be tanky, too expensive?
    I know that Colossal on a ranged weirdo like gunbattery would cost less than in a tank/melee but still, wouldnt that be too expensive for that champ? im sad you didnt ask tremor for that one u.u
    I also dont like corsair loosing tariff
    That 4-7 repeater would cost +100.

*te extrañé defendiendo a las tortugas [​IMG] [​IMG]

Skullferno likes this.
  7. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Be careful with Meld. Destroy as opposed to sacrifice makes me worry

8. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

So you want all tortuns be 50 hp 2 def speed 6 and sub 80 nora?

9. chickenpox2

He likes torturn soup

10. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I guess they have Ponderous...

But yea, "50 HP and high def" should not be their "racial". Some turtles are squishy. Like those shell-less ones which taste great in soup.

Etherielin, Kampel and Sealer0 like this.
  11. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

All these suggestions and Tortuns still wouldn't have any interesting interaction with the game, unless you consider gaining nora on attacking an interesting interaction.

12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

they were already interesting, they just lost a lot of power with the changes.

13. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Can we get an update/feedback from sok on whats gonna happen with maljaran races?All thats written down is few changes for the stitched.

Kampel likes this.
  14. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

I have an idea guis. Why not make tortun trade a passive where every sucessful attack gives 1 nora for every tort; )

IMAGIRL and Skeezick like this.
  15. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

great idea!
    also do this:
    [​IMG]
    balance!

Rokkushun and Netherzen like this.
  16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

When I am done with Hyaenids and Wings.

Etherielin and Skullferno like this.
  17. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Death toll was such a cool mechanic

IMAGIRL, SPiEkY and Leadrz like this.
  18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Proposed change to Leoss racial. Loyalty However it should be their version of it. Specifically stating:

"This champion gains +3 DMG, +1 DEF, and +5 HP as long as all deployed units that you own share a race with it."

Thoughts?

Gaedel likes this.
  19. chickenpox2

You do realise that people run other stuff in a leoss bg and why stop running non leoss champs in leoss bg?

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You do realize I am extremely biased when it comes to themes, and that they should stay themes....