Theme Adjustments #2 - Maljaran Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 8, 2015.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I won't mind that if they have more champs later and everything needed within leoss like cleanse and DF without compromising upgrades
    Otherwise no

2. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Loyalty is a bad idea since regal presence is already available in theme. Couple that with the fact that leoss have the smallest champ count and is the only split theme without thematic spell/relic/equip support and it becomes an obviously bad idea to limit rune selection like that.

3. chickenpox2

we have thematic spell sort of
    Concord of ailur
    https://poxbase.com/spell/311

4. sassquatch

I knew about it. I dont consider it a leoss thematic spell and you even qualified it with a "sort of". the only way to get full effect out of it is to run a ST good stuff bg and throw that in as a why the hell not spell.

5. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like the idea of a race or even class specific "loyalty", but I do not think it should be a uniform ability for a theme. It is rather dull (just basic stats) One of two champs, sure. Everyone, no.

6. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Dull and lame way to force a theme. Also probably op.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

That's more or less what I was getting at. The below was a possible example of many. I would like to see them played more, especially within their own theme.

8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Ok, I think this idea for Leoss could be good:

Pride of Ailur: While a friendly Leoss is within 5 spaces, this champion gains +1 damage and +1 defense for each real champion you are outnumbered by.

(Soul of ailur removed)

It would promote the flavour of a small number of strong champs, and give an anti-snowballing type mechanic.

Possible issue is an advantage against zerg type decks (moga) though this may not prove true in practice. If necessary a cap could be added.

@Sokolov

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    Gaedel likes this.
  9. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I assume that would end up with a pretty low cost?

10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Not sure exactly what the cost would be, the bonus might need increasing. You could add defense as well to make it stronger.

+1 damage and +1 defense per outnumbering enemy might be better.

Edited previous post.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I do not think this would be an issue against swarm themes. It just goes to show that some themes, counter another, or infact have a specialized style that just happened to be more beneficial in certain situations. Not saying this could be a good, or bad effect. I have to see it in play to judge it, but I am happy that I managed to get the thought processes going on a more unique racial for Leoss. They are the underdog race after all.

Some irony that's just occurred to me. Underdog-Giant Kitties that stand tall over the Mongrel-Tinydogs..... Reverse Irony?

12. sassquatch

This leoss racial is really close to the one of the better earlier racials. which honestly with the massively toned down stats might be viable again. and honestly it was one of the better versions.
    Originally:
    • Pride of Ailur: For each enemy champion in play this unit gains +1 damage, for every 3 enemies in play this unit gains +1 def. The bonus damage is reduced by 1 for each friendly champion deployed. If you control less fonts than your opponent you gain +2 dam, +2 def, and +1 speed.
    • Soul of Ailur: This champion does not count against pride of ailur.
    This was a great theme/racial for being stronger by going second. this also takes away the need to phalanx which the leoss struggle with anyway

13. chickenpox2

why keep soul if it does nothing? make it so it does something atleast soul champion get some boost they need boost most of them are nearly as tanky alone

also how would you streamline druid hes too expensive

14. sassquatch

Firstly, soul allowed you to include a champ that wouldn't make your other pride champs weaker. It was mostly reserved for the monks and pure support champs to keep power balance in check and to not drive up champs cost for non combatants.

Secondly, the biggest issue with the druid is the miss pricing of tunnel veg. It should cost the same as tunnel sand and snow, not tunnel earth. That would shave off 3 Nora right there. Additionally is forest front really worth 8 Nora? It seems 2-4 Nora over costed compared to the other terrain variants considering this is the only champ with it. Take off those 5 Nora and the druid becomes more reasonably priced.

15. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Maybe something like:

Pirde of A: when this champion is deployed, all Soul/Pride gain 1 damage for each enemy champion for X turns.

Soul of A: when this champion is deployed, all Soul/Pride gain 1 defense for each enemy champion for X turns.

16. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Yes, forest front is really worth 8 nora. Unlike the terrains you mentioned forest front creates impeding terrain in an aoe. If you can't use that to your advantage I can't help you, but it is definitely a strong abillity.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  17. sassquatch

I don't deny its power, I've used it successfully for years. I'm arguing it's price in comparison to the other front abilities.
    • Water front, which is more powerful and on 6 champs, allows for drown/undertow/dive and such interfaction synergies, is also impeding, and cost 8 nora.
    • Lava front, while on only 1 champ, costs 10 Nora, is impeding, deals damage, and allows for similar synergies in faction.
    • Meanwhile, forest font cost 8 Nora, is on 1 champ, only impedes, and offers no interfaction synergy beyond self tunneling and hidden veg on the boarder patrol.
    A reduction in price to 5-6 Nora in comparison to the other front abilities and the fact that the over priced druid is the only champ with it isn't unreasonable. If new champs come out with it or interfaction synergy is developed then the price can always be readdressed then.

18. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

water front is not impeding, but trail water is.

Sealer0 likes this.
  19. sassquatch

It's description says it is.

And it's been a while since I've faced it.

20. chickenpox2

it be awesome the day i see kf have vegetation veil and vegetation master abilities will totally work with forest front