Theme; Horrors from above

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xuldorl, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Xuldorl

Xuldorl I need me some PIE!

That is largely what I am going for, though someone did pitch that they belong to an added faction (like ST and SP).

2. Erlade

Erlade The King of Potatoes

Sothari Shrieker
    Faction:
    IS/UD
    Race: Angel, Mutant, Class: Priest, Size: 1x1, Rarity: Common
    Artwork
    : A large bloodshot eye with hundreds of tentacles around it, several of which end in mouths.
    Flavor-Text: The Shriekers were the first of the Sothari to appear in Poxantharu, to ready its people for the arrival of the main force.
    Nora Cost: 40-55

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    7, SPD: 6, RNG: 2-3, DEF: 1, HP: 42

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Sonic

Inflict Madness
    Flight

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Insane Shriek 1 - Enemy champions within 2 spaces gain a stack of Madness. AP cost: 3. Cooldown: 3
    Insane Shriek 2 - Enemy champions within 3 spaces gain a stack of Madness. AP cost: 3. Cooldown: 3
    Insane Shriek 3 - Enemy champions within 3 spaces gain 2 stacks of Madness. AP cost: 3. Cooldown: 4

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Paralyze
    Fear 2

---

Sothari Fleshgrafter
    Faction: IS/UD
    Race:
    Angel, Mutant Class: Priest, Size: 1, Rarity: Rare
    Artwork
    : A vaguely humanoid being with several arms apparently grafted onto its flesh, holding various medical instruments.
    Flavor-Text: Even the gift of healing is twisted by the Sothari.
    Nora Cost: 50-62

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    8, SPD: 6, RNG: 1, DEF: 0, HP: 50

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical

Inhibit
    Fleshgraft - Target champion is healed for 20 HP and loses 8 MAX HP. Shares a cooldown with Fleshrip.
    Fleshrip - Target champion takes 20 Physical damage and gains 8 MAX HP. Shares a cooldown with Fleshgraft.

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Regenerate 1
    Regenerate 2
    Regenerate 3

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Stat Bonus: Defense 2
    Heal Champion 2
    Grant Regeneration 2

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Xuldorl likes this.
  3. Xuldorl

I love them both. They are both uniquely horrifying. That makes 3 champions in this thread and 2 spells.

I wonder what sort of Exotic or Legendary could exist to tie things together further, or even just what other horrors people can come up with to broaden the scope of these.

4. Erlade

Any exotic would have to be something truly horrifying, approaching the limits of what humans can comprehend. Like Giygas.

That's actually a good concept for a Champion, but I don't know if one based off Giygas would be considered 'ripping off' Earthbound/Mother.

5. Xuldorl

Fair point.

I suppose the first Exotic (or Legendary) should have some interesting abilities and the art indicate something horrific.

A roiling mass of wings?

6. Erlade

Hell yeah. The flavor text could hint at something underneath the wings that's so horrible, a mere glimpse of it is enough to send a person screaming into madness.

That is, its key ability would instantly give an enemy Champion 4 stacks of Madness, but have a long cooldown.

7. Xuldorl

Maybe... mechanics akin to an aspect?

Horrifying Revelation: (Cooldown: 0, AP Cost: 0) Spend (x) Charges. Target opposing non-Avatar, non-Boss, non-Elite champion within 5 spaces gains 4 stacks of madness.

Of course, the question would be then what sort of Charged ability it would have.

8. Erlade

I'd say the ability would cost 15 or so charges. It's Charged ability could be Supercharged, and be upgradeable between ranks 1, 2, and 3.

I'd also have to recommend that it not have very high stats or any offensive abilities.

9. Xuldorl

You make a fair point. As a side note; I imagine mail of barbs would be something people would strongly consider for it.

10. Xuldorl

Sothari Featherwright
    Faction:
    IS/UD
    Race: Angel, Mutant, Class: Priest, Size: 1x1, Rarity: Exotic (or Legendary)
    Artwork
    : A figure enveloped in wings folded over its form, not even a humanoid shape to be discerned in the mass. Feathers constantly flying off of it.
    Flavor-Text: No one knows what lies under the plumes that shroud the featherwright's form, for all who have been gifted a glimpse upon it between the eratic waving of its countless wings have been reduced to screaming lunatics.
    Nora Cost:
    78~

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    8, SPD: 4, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 3, HP: 46

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Psychic
    Horrifying Revelation (Cooldown: 0, AP Cost: 0) Spend 15 Charges. Target opposing non-Avatar, non-Boss, non-Elite champion within 5 spaces gains 4 stacks of madness.
    Inflict Madness
    Flight

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Supercharged (1)
    Supercharged (2)
    Supercharged (3)

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Damage Aura (1)
    Damage Aura (2)
    Damage Aura (3)

11. Xuldorl

Ability Idea:

Bulwark: Possessed (For each possessed champion you control, this unit gains +2 MAX HP. For every 5 possessed champions under your control, this unit gains an additional +1 DEF.)

12. Erlade

In keeping with the corruption theme we've got going on with this idea, how about one champion for each other major race in the game, twisted and mutated into servants of the Sothari? i.e, Twisted/Corrupted Elf, Twisted/Corrupted Demon (Either a Neferi or a Bok), Twisted/Corrupted Moga, etc.

Twisted Elf
    Race
    : Elf, Mutant; Class: Cultist; Size: 1x1 Rarity: Common
    Artwork: A creature wearing an elven mage robe, but is clearly no longer an elf. The fingers are long and have several joints, and it's far too tall and thin to be natural.
    Flavor Text: "Nobody is safe from our touch. No barrier of nature, magic, or construction can stop us."

Nora Cost: 76~

Stats
    DAM: 8
    SPD: 7
    RNG: 4-5
    DEF: 1
    HP: 45

Abilities
    Madness Nova: This unit deals 3 Sonic damage to champions within two spaces. Champions damaged this way gain a rank of Madness.
    Magic Eater
    Defenseless

Upgrade Set 1
    Reckless Teleport 2
    Resistance: Acid 2
    Inflict Madness

Upgrade Set 2
    Reckless Blast 1
    Reckless Blast 2

13. Xuldorl

I love that idea, and that example. I was thinking of having servants but didn't have a clue exactly how to approach the notion. Now, this is a way to approach it.

I don't know why.. but I imagine one being a creature that their malformation resulted in oversized eyes. Something like what the mindthief creeper has.

Also, for the boghopper, additional or missing legs are almost a must.

Edit; Idea! How about an upgrade track on several of the servants to swap out their non-mutant race for another race. You have one that is a small twisted creature that might have been a moga or it could have been a goblin. Something that could have once been human, could just as likely have been a barbarian, or maybe even merfolk (above the waist, on some of them who is going to tell?). Was it a dwarf, one of the skeezik, or maybe even a really malformed boghopper? Its.. just a thought.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  14. Xuldorl

Raving Herald
    Race
    : Dwarf, Mutant; Class: Priest; Size: 1x1 Rarity: Common
    Artwork: A dwarf in white robes. His eyes wide and his body malformed, like a tentacled being squeezed him and he was made of clay, yet his robes are pristine.
    Flavor Text: "They come! Our prayers have been answered!"

Nora Cost: 63~

Stats
    DAM: 7
    SPD: 5
    RNG: 1
    DEF: 1
    HP: 43

Abilities
    Attack: Physical
    Hand of Madness: (Cooldown: 1, Ap cost: 3) Target champion within 4 spaces gains 1 stack of Madness.
    Defenseless

Upgrade Set 1
    Cleanse
    Dispel

Upgrade Set 2
    Heal champion (1)
    Heal champion (2)
    Heal champion (3)