theRed would like to be a moderator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thered, Jan 17, 2017.

1. thered

thered The King of Potatoes

I chose to post here because I have been back on pox for about a month now. If you look at my posts since they have reset everything I have not posted much at all. It's not really that I chose to post here because I wanted everyone to see it. I posted it here because I didn't know the right place to post. Did you even read my original post? I am pretty sure in my second sentence I say that I had no idea where I should put it. So I asked where I should be making the thread. I am not a new pox player at all, I am just new to how things are being run currently.

Like seriously, does everyone on here just think I am attention seeking? I don't understand it at all.

2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

So, since you're this "new" are you sure you'd be a good choice as a mod?

3. thered

I am not new. I had a good feeling you were going to say that though. But things have changed since I have been back which is why I was asking a question. There was a section in the forums where you could talk to devs in the past but I did not know if things were different from how they use to be.

Also, just because I do not know how the forums work currently does not mean I would be a bad moderator, at least in my opinion. I honestly just wanted to be a moderator so new players would have someone to help them work through things as they are getting use to this awesome game.

New players do not get on the forums, they get on the client, which is where I spend a majority of my time. My thought process is that new players would see a moderator on and they would be able to ask questions as to how the game operates. Seeing as how I will be on basically every day from now on I feel I would be a great resource for new players to use.

They would actually have someone who is willing to devote all of their time into helping them. So, you know, we could actually keep the new players rather than them getting on and having no one helping them out.

I have seen so many new players get on and have absolutely no help getting use to the game so they decide the game is not worth there time. The other thing I have seen is new players get on, old players absolutely crush them in ranked, and then they quit because they don't like the player base, which I can understand. There are lots of pox players who completely take advantage of new players because they are "easy wins". In my opinion this is how we have lost lots of new players.

I would love to be a moderator that new players could come to for advice. I dont want moderator "powers". I just want to be someone recognizable that new players could come to with questions. I would be so happy to get newbies into this game rather than out of it. Personally I think it is a great idea but all of you guys clearly do not. I wish all of you guys would stop taking me asking to be a moderator so seriously.

I am not looking to take advantage of anything, I just want to help this community grow, especially since we are going to be on the ps4 relatively soon.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I suggest everyone to take a chill pill and stop looking at this through the lens of "Old famous player wants moderator for fame" but through the lens of "There's a person willing to help others". Last time I checked everyone (who truly cares about the game) wanted Pox to grow, yet here we are bickering about something, because someone happens to be a person of renown in Pox's history.

I'm disappoint.

5. thered

This has been my point since I started the thread. All I want is for pox to thrive. If that means I need to not be a moderator I am more than willing to do that. I just want to do what ever I can to help out this game that I have loved for over a third of my life.

Thanks for looking out man. I picked a really good guild to come back to. :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Also worth noting that thered was a mod for a good long while, back in the day.

Etherielin likes this.
  7. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

wtf,, he wants to be a mod,, whats the big deal,?, hes not attacking anyone or coming out his face...
    in fact hes been attacked by half the post in this thread and hasnt responded negatively to anyone, (which should be the prerequisite for forum modding), other then explain his position.
    being a mod doesnt sound very exciting to me,, sounds like work...
    if they need a mod and he wants to be a mod, let him mod..

thered likes this.
  8. thered

Thanks Markoth, I really appreciate the support. I didn't want to bring it up because I didn't want to be that guy who's like "I use to be so why am I not now, I deserve this!" because I truly don't feel that way.

I also agree with bambino. I feel like being a moderator, especially once we get on the ps4 and hopefully when we get a lot of new players, is going to take some work. I am not asking for this because I want to "look cool". In fact I use to be one of the deep blue names, I know what it feels like and honestly, it's not all its cracked up to be. I've been there done that. The main reason I want to be a moderator is so new players can see this guy with a yellow name and think that they can come to him for advice. All I want is to be able to help new players out so that we can keep these new players.

I truly feel and hope that the ps4 launch will bring some new players into our community and I want to help keep them. Even if me being a moderator makes one new player stay, I will really feel like what I did will matter and that is all I want. I do not want "power", what I want is to help this community keep its old player base while gaining a new one and I think I can do that.

It's not that I feel like I will be the best moderator there ever was, I just know that I will be playing almost every single day from now on and I truly feel like I will be able to help keep new players. That is my main goal and I wish it was the goal of every pox player.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Honestly it's not that big of a deal. Make his name yellow so noobs can ask him questions. Forum mods are different from in-game mods anyway.

10. thered

Thanks Cydna, I really appreciate you coming around. All I've been trying to do is explain all of my points and at the end of the day all I truly want is to help this community in any way I can.

11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Wait, when did I attack him?

While @Cydna is right that it really isn't a big deal, my memories of how talkative red was back then make me doubt he'd be a good mod, exactly because (@Markoth ) I remember he was a mod, and I remember answering questions while he was AFK more than a handful times( and no I don't want to be a mod).

But yea, mods aren't such a big deal right now, so I really don't mind another yellow name( which doesn't matter anyway, just making a point).

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

This.

Why are people so angry about someone trying to help.

Etherielin and thered like this.
  13. thered

This has been one of my points I made a while back. Should I really be punished for stuff that happened years back? People grow and mature man. I am not the same person I was years ago and who really is? I think I've been trying to make that as clear as possible.

If I was a poor moderator back then (which I don't think I was, and I apologize if you think I was) how can you be so sure that I would be a poor moderator now?

To top it all off, my main point this entire thread is that I want to be a moderator so that I am an obvious choice for new players to go to with questions. I want to help this community, not hurt it, and I don't think that is a bad thing. Do you?

I of course will do everything that they want a moderator to do, and I plan to go above and beyond what they expect. I just want this game and community to shine as I know it can.

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Why the Firk does anyone think being a moderator is somehow helping the game? Mods Firking blow

15. thered

I am sorry you feel that way, but my personal opinion is the right person for the job could make a huge impact on how new players perceive the community. Hopefully we get a lot of new players once pox launches on the ps4 and I plan on doing everything in my power to keep the new players this time regardless of if I will be a moderator or not.

I refuse to lose all of the new players like we did when pox was launched on steam. I personally feel like we lost a lot of the new players due to how the community treated them.

profhulk likes this.
  16. thered

You didn't understand the whole story though, that's what I am getting at. Markoth and Sokolov specifically told me to post on the forums. They said that was the way people become moderators.

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I actually said to contact Senshu via the forums - by which I made sent him a PM, but I can see how that was misunderstood :)

18. thered

Yeah that is my fault completely. I am sorry about that sok

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

there are times when it would be good to shut up the in game cancer.

thered likes this.
  20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Your particular situation is and was irrelevant to my post. The conversation was headed a direction that made me feel like it needed to be said. Again, it was not necessarily directed at you specifically.