theRed's current BG

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by thered, Jan 16, 2017.

1. thered

thered The King of Potatoes

Just updated this bg and I think it is going to be very sexy. Let me know what you KF'ers think

CHAMPS

Centaur Regulator x1
    Corgi Ranger x1
    Elven Bard x1
    Elven Illusionist x1
    Elven Strategist x1
    Epochal Sage x1
    Experimental Warspirit x1
    Fae Dreamer x1
    Forest Lerper x1
    Ghost Stalker x1
    Doombringer x1
    Naria Strangler x1
    Queen Anaru x1
    Ranger Elite x2
    Snake Charmer x2
    Spirit of Endurance x1
    Vashal Ranger x1

SPELLS

Grimlic's Bane x1
    Grimlic's Mirror x1
    Nature's Wrath x1
    Stellar Horizon x1
    Thorn Collection x1
    Vortex x1

RELICS

Pride of K'thir x1

EQUIPMENTS

Horn of Order x1
    Shimmering Flower x1
    Withering Fern x2

I would be running a juvie ring but it is bugged right now and I will be taking both illusion champs out once they get nerfed because I know they will be. Tell me what you guys think and I will be happy to explain anything you guys have questions about.

IAMBESTALLTIME!!!

2. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Wow i can't believe your back. Welcome

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Cool. Couple of things I find strange though.

Still find epochal good after the nerf?

Vortex over something like inhibit power?

2 fern yet no centaur banner?

What do you normally mirror?

4. thered

Well tbh this deck hasn't been tested yet. Ive been with my brother in the hospital for the last two days as he has been very sick so I havent had time to play.

Also, I wasn't around pre nerf epochal sage. I just took my avenging angel out to try out this rune so I will get back to you once I decide if it is truely worth it.
    What was epochal sage like pre nerf? She looks better than the avenging angel to me which is why I switched it out. But we will see, I might switch back if I dont like her.

5. thered

Also, withering fern is still 2x auto include in my opinion. Nothings changed with that rune as far as I am concerned. I just checked out centaur banner and inhibit banner as they are new runes to me since I am still only a month into playing, but they do not fit my play style so I don't use them, and I literally use grimlic's mirror on anything. It just depends on what it needed in the match, though I usually use it on my divine favor units.

6. Tweek516

First and foremost, hope your brother gets better man. Best of luck.

Centaur banner is one of the best runes in KF IMO. Freaking crazy. Basically means your opponent can't cast aoes (which KF is a bit vulnerable to).

Sage used to have psychic jab (deals 8 damage to nearest enemy when deployed). This was removed when jab became sabotage last patch.

7. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Is the warspirit there just in case you need to bypass hard to kill champs?

8. Tweek516

Couple of other things you might want to consider :)

Elven page. Really really good. Divine favour is so nice, and isn't a bad champ at all when out (good power turn potential). Also soooooo OP when you have mena out.

Talking of which... No mena?? Why?

Ancestral avenger isn't bad at all.

Mage of lament is really good with combined effort (vast it then drudgery). Also very efficient.

Fairy trickster might be better shatter than blademaster (great harass).

Wild elf can dish out some pretty serious damage with multi, rend and deep wounds. Shame his HP is so low.

Delim is pretty good. Woodchuck is also alright.

Aurora banner is spot detect, anti abash and deafening aura and a nice contest relic. Also can be really useful to get through high defense units.

Carn vines is one of my favourite runes. So cheap and can force a cleanse so easily/allow you to disengage.

Burning oak seed is really useful vs healing and provides nice alt damage.

9. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The Corgi Ranger in his BG is from me! THE FLOOF SPREADS!

Also @thered Get Lightshot on your PC so that you can easily take screenshots of your BG: https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html

As for the BG itself - I understand all choices except for Spirit of Endurance: what's your main thought behind her?

MaruXV likes this.
  10. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Interesting list, @thered. I have a couple questions/comments:
    19 champs seems like a lot, but I am assuming you prefer to champ spam vs throw relics/spells most of time or is it to counter what the opponent is playing or both?
    No fan faire? Honestly thought you'd have that in there
    Since you seem to be favoring a sustainable style of game play with all the forms of healing you have, why not run a catharsis bloom? It seems pretty efficient...
    Anyways, great to see you back. Sounds like your family is facing some trials atm. Wish you the best and will lift you up in my prayers.

11. thered

This is totally a counter BG more than anything else. The spirit is for divine favor and honestly soften. I love reducing damage and the alt damage is never bad to have. Plus I dont have enough range and at least she is a ranged champ.

And @Bondman007 , I don't know if you remember but I have always been a high champ kind of guy. 19 is not a lot for me and I've never been a fan of spell spamming even though people say I am haha. I love to have counters so that's the main point here. Fan Faire is okay but it doesn't really counter anything so that's why I don't have it in here. Catharsis bloom might be a good idea but I have never really been a relic kind of guy, but I might test it out once I get a few runs with this new deck. I'll be coming home today so you guys will see me on later today/tonight.

Good luck guys!

Bondman007, MaruXV, Qucas and 3 others like this.
  12. thered

Just to give you guys an update, now that I am home and playing this bg I have went 7-0 so I think I am on the right track :)

13. Tweek516

I'm begging you to put in banner, please :p

14. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

You've got similar includes as me! If it seems to be working well (7-0) then keep rolling with it.

Hope to catch you in a ranked game sometime. ;)

15. thered

I know you are, and I might honestly try it out just to make you happy. I just dont think it fits my playstyle. I just hit 10-0 since I started using this bg so I think I am on the right track haha

16. kissofpain

kissofpain Well-Known Member

Why 1x everything except ranger elites (and charmers but those I understand) and what upgrades on ranger elites? :)

Also nice to see the strangler in, I had 1 too but I it's so good that now I included 2. You know his ability to steal the best upgrade of an enemy? That's just soooo good!!!

17. Tweek516

I always run KF Highlander (except for some very specific runes). We have so many utility options I find it impossible not to.

18. thered

So I got an elo ranking of 1730 now so this deck is definitely good guys, just wanted to give you guys another update. With how this is going Ill be in the top 10 in no time

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i'm happy to see a kf player up there ;) that means you are a good player. just a positive critic: i dont think its for the bg. for what i understood of this game, if you are a good player you can go 1500+ with almost any decent bg. from 1800-1900 and up there when you start to play with top players only, the bg choices start to feel more important because with a similar high skill level a rune over another can make the difference. nothing wrong against you man, really. just saying that in this case your rank says you are a good player playing runes that he feels comfortable with, more than this is a particularly well build bg ^_^

20. thered

I don't take that as you being rude at all and I see what you mean. Hopefully you have a different opinion once I get about 2000 elo though. I really do think this bg has potential. Ive been beating high rankers with it too