Thinking of Starting Again - State of game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xeorox, Dec 6, 2017.

1. xeorox

xeorox The King of Potatoes

Hi All,

I have some extra time available to me at the moment and i am thinking about joining Pox again. I have a fantastic account however I wanted to know what the state of the game is like?

If people wouldn't mind submitting their opinions of the current version of Poxnora that would be fantastic.

Like I said, I have a fantastic account, however I am absolutely awful at this game (or at least I used to be)

2. IPhoenixl

IPhoenixl I need me some PIE!

the game is still as good as ever, the new runes are great and all, only issue is the client. i suggest u play couple of custom (Vs Bot ) games to get the hang of moving units a little slower than before.

the client have a bug atm ( hopefully be fixed soon ) where if u drag and move another rune fast while just moving another one, it just moves it to a wrong direction and sometimes to the opposite from where u were pointing, so try clicking away while moving 2 runes at a time,

plus if u use teleport or some of the other abilities u kinda get stuck in the targeting area of the abuility, the solution to that is to try to drag something from ur bg to the field when that happens...

other than that game is still great !

Ps. new tournament coming soon so if u want to join check it out :)

Fentum likes this.
  3. xeorox

Hi IPheonixl,

Fantastic response thank you, especially considering my very basic thread post.

Whats the userbase like at peak times? Are there plenty of opponents (new and experienced)?

IPhoenixl likes this.
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The game is in a lull, meaning only the most loyal part of the fanbase is playing. It depends on what time you're around - I see the most people (8-10 games going on at once) between 4-7 PM CEST (GMT +1, European afternoons) and 10 PM - 3 AM CEST (GMT +1, American afternoons and evenings).

The core of community's heart resides on Discord, which is also how you can always get a game going. Come visit us! https://discord.gg/Vh6G6Qa

Fentum likes this.
  5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

most active about 5 hours from now. Can see as many as 20 games going on at once @ that time.

Playerbase is growing a lot recently

Woffleet and xaznsoulx like this.
  6. xeorox

Thank you for your reponses guys, I appreciate it.

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The new client is pretty bad - with all sorts of problems.

But despite that, the game is still fun, with good balance and playability improvements, and some cool new runes in the midterm release. It also feels relatively active, with an improving meta scene and player numbers (from what i can tell) - though obviously nothing like the heyday.

Also we have a discord group which makes up for the poor ingame chat.

8. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

It’s still the best game around for a very deep, customisable, tactical game.

The client bugs are annoying but not game breaking.

Beware that animations and status effects are often displayed incorrectly, in the wrong place, or not at all. Other than in the small icons when you click on a champ. Be very careful with stealth, impervious, etc.

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

The new client still sucks ass, but it's at least usable now to play the game. Wish I didn't have to use discord for chat, though.

10. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

I would be playing but I fried my computer. Miss the game though.

11. Xiven

Xiven I need me some PIE!

The game is still the game, it just actively fights you as you play (constant, camera auto-pan, movement and targeting issues, Battlegroup selection, missing campaigns, etc.).

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Press f1 to turn off the auto pan

13. Etherielin

The auto-pan is disabled by clicking F1. I've never ever witnessed the issue of missing campaigns, can you elaborate?

14. Xiven

You princes!
    And I still can't remember the name of them, but it was like the, "Beginner Protectorate/Wrath" Campaigns—the ones between tutorials and the Trials.
    First was Forglar Swamp with Bloated Toad, Boghopper Tad, Dreadwing, Fentek Servant, Froblic Bull, Giant Crustacean, Muck Dragon, Salaman Sentry, Salaman Soldier, Shock Pomfret, Sludge Worm, Swamp Octopus, Swamp Wurm, Backfire, Bog Trap, etc... Now I don't even know what I'd do for the Heroic Achievements.

15. Etherielin

Are you referring to the walkthroughs? They've been moved to the tutorial section of the client.

16. Xiven

No, that's what I meant by the tutorials (one of them cheated, BTW; they played three Cyclops Maulers in four turns). These would be under "Classic." They went: FS, KF, IS, ST, then FW, UD, SP, SL.

17. Etherielin

Ah, I know what you mean - I believe they were considered redundant as they were pretty much the same as walkthroughs. Everything else is there though.

18. Xiven

What? How? The Walkthroughs have you use a premade deck and just mindlessly deploy a few Champions. These let you actually play the game, and against a nice, real, beginner-friendly AI. 93% of my game time is against them.

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I am not 100% sure what you were referring to, but you can goto Custom games and play a bot match vs any faction on any map now:

upload_2017-12-6_20-7-34.png

Woffleet, Fentum and Etherielin like this.
  20. Etherielin

Same map, same AI (without limits) would be my guess.
    Actually that's a pretty great thing to know about.