this game is not advertised enought...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thailady, Sep 7, 2016.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Yes. You can make it as detailed an explanation as you want. It would be very interesting to learn this information from someone on the inside.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

3. fogandsteel

Could you elaborate on this "never" point? Why do you think this was the case?

4. fogandsteel

What is "stent"? (I'm sure it's a typo. But maybe it's some poxnora slang.)

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

That was a typo it was supposed to be "stint" meaning a period of time.

Qucas and fogandsteel like this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Will answer in the other thread.

fogandsteel likes this.
  7. JolanBol

JolanBol New Member

I heard of this game before the launch if I remember it was well advertise on lot of site I visited on the rihgt of the screen like other advertising. But on start I was just able to play demo and was almost all p2p I was really disapointed because was great. So I never check back on this game since I read about it 2 week ago it was f2p now. So I tried it more. Im near 50h. already. I tried Duelist and I quit after the demo, really not comparable in deep. 1st I think this game have big potential for a 2nd or spinoff title. Maybe now they feel it to old to advertise it more.
    I played almost all I can play\run tactics games, it my favorite, I played board like D&D miniature skirmish and SW miniature. Didnt play WH bcause too much expensive and need lot of space, like a garage or a basement but played it on Pc. Tactical are real popular, just look at FF tactic, Tactic ogre or Disgea on PS 2,3,4 and PsP or game like Panzer general in the time.
    What I dont like the more in Poxnora it the campaign in fact they are though and AI start with like 10 units and you dont have time to deploy that pretty frustrating even on normal. Protect an unit from dying + the shrine can beto much too. So you need to use exploit of Ai and use of special deck, so but I like customs deck. It not the problem of just Poxnora but almost all trades cards games where people use almost all the same cards. It was the same with D&D miniatures, everybody was playing specfic deck just to abuse some flaw. It a problem when who have to much ability and stacking possibility, and trigger.
    Another thing at first was the locked interface before you finish the welcome chains quest, was confusing.
    So my idea for a 2nd it to keep the collectible thing, people like to open deck and that exciting, keep a lot of faction and add some. I think people like to have choice in that too. People playing card game are mostly for the Art and collectable thing. So some expension running frequently are a most.
    So what they should improve it the card copy thing of MagicG like I said early.Try to make on there own thing more basic and simple and emphased on tactic improve. Improve map with more key point like castle maybe. Improve unit for more act realistic, I think cavalry should be able to move more than infantry and flying should feel more like flying against melee units, maybe add a riposte when engaged for defender unit while loosing some AP . But by the actual class design, and equipement thing maybe they aim in the way of FFtactic more than tactical fantasy battle.
    For me the tactical best game will be like Total War medieval 2 (battle map) in a fantasy world but in tactic turn based from a sky view(little like Age of Wonder), with lot of different map, lot of units and faction, customizable will be a + too.I like more when it feel realistic, so spell only cast by unit will feel less like a super-mutant-being wizard battles. For a more magic-heroes-cards emphased game I liked much the collectible way of D&D miniatures and SW and there map.Lot of game have one or another thing but I never seen all in only one game, and yet it not so hard to do. The closest it WarHammer but universe it pretty gore and dark.
    Changing to much in a sequel it can loose the spirit of a card-game, so concentratre on what the vision of the developer was at first and improve what work well, and work on the out-dated look of battle.
    *(english not my 1st language ;))

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I would support heavier advertising once the UI got cleaned up and made consistent, both on the website and in-game. Multiple dangling tags and "effect.description.desc" things, along with the spotty combat log, sure don't help. Once something is presentable, then you can present it.

iiiioooque and SPiEkY like this.
  9. iiiioooque

iiiioooque The King of Potatoes

I started back in September 2008, coming and going throut the years.
    A friend told me about the game and we started playing together. Back then it was totally different. A lot more p2p and not so many rune diversity.

To be honest what caught me back was (besides the design and playstyle ofc) the ability to forge runes and being able to be 'competitive' (steeeeeeeeeep learning curve in this game, hard to master if you don't play a lot, and i mean a lot) without spending crazy amounts of money.

The comparison to MtG is insane imho ...
    The game has been around since the 90's like 94 or so ... and the player base is ginourmous throughout the world.
    Also it's competitiveness is based on spending insane amounts of money and going to tournaments.
    Poxnora isn't so ... i think.

Lately I haven't seen any adverstisments on poxnora, not even when DO picked up after SoE ...

As far as the game's 'problems' or "hinderences" (not even sure if that word exists) ... I think that the learning curve is what kills this game.
    The community is small and based on veterans and experienced players that know the ins and outs of almost all the factions and also pretty much all the games mechanics. This makes the ranked matchmaking pretty ridiculous. There's simply not enough low level/knowledge people online for it to be fun.
    If you just arrived, you're gonna get ***** over and over before you even discover about third party's like poxbox. Then when you do find it ... you make your dream deck and still get ***** cause you're just not used to the game mechanics as the older players are.
    To finnish all that, there could be at least a competitive AI to play against and prepare the players for the ranked pvp.
    Let's be honest ... i've seen rocks that could play poxnora better than this AI.
    A while ago I created a thread about this and people said that changing the code to make a better AI would be crazy and take a lot of time. NOw it's a matter of understanding if it's worthy to make that effort ... Honestly I think that a lot of the new players would be thankfull for having a more competitive AI, making the learning curve not so steep and thus keeping more of them in the game. Consequently it could even be possible to actually have a matchmaking mechanic that would work, because there would be a lot more players to match ...

Just my thoughts ...

10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I can get on board with 300 peak players in 2014. I think that was right before Gedden destroyed the identity of every single pox rune and flushed their power level down the toilet. Either that was right before Geddenocalypse or right after. My point is there was a decline in population right after the hyped up lebotomy of the game via Gedden. Ever since then alot of those players who left have never looked back and now you are left with the present ebb and flow of the current turdblossom of pox game population.

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I prefer something useful like a patch, so there are more than 3 or 4 themes being played.

12. JolanBol

JolanBol New Member

I have read on another forum today that when they sell to Sony it when the game changed most and they was questionably advertising alot and almost everywhere. So maybe it another reason why they more shy about advertising now. It when they lost balance to.
    Worst thing to avoid it to always change the mechanic, or do remake of cards. You need stay with your with initial development or just do another game if not, always changing idea it the worst to do for any project. You dont know what cards to add and you decide to add super-powered cards that every one want to purchase to stay competive. I say I can put a list of in few minutes for alot of new cards in every factions. ANd if you still dont know idea for runes add new factions, that pretty simple to stay to the basic and interest people in buying cards without forcing them, with discutable marketing.
    That a problem with almost all trading games, and that what broked D&D miniatures with there new rules, and new cheaper made miniatures. Anyway they change to much in D&D Im still in3.5 in my head and still was a hard step from 2.0, but I think they now on 5ed. Why always redoo, because they want people to always rebuy the book to stay in touch and because of add-on book who always change or add new rules, the game always broke some ways.