This is my terrible Draksar BG

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by ManlyPaws, Mar 2, 2017.

1. ManlyPaws

ManlyPaws The King of Potatoes

What can I do to make it less terrible? :[

Attached Files:

Gnomes likes this.
  2. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Unless you are making some kind of balls to the walls fire BG, I have a hard time seeing how Priest of Fury is ever worth including.

I'd probably drop one of the black scales and one of the Ravenspeakers to make room for other stuff.

Toss the Skeezick furnace and add a phalnax marker if you got it.

Sandstorm is also a decent AoE choice to work in for draks even with low/no sand synergy. You want to combine sandblasted with your high def to increase survivability.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  3. Slencer

Slencer The King of Potatoes

Whats the point of running clasp ? I would definitely replace that with sth else like a hive
    Furthermore the skeezik relic isn't really needed since your'e already running tornado as an relic counter maybe replace it with a quickening or another aoe
    Why no pusuer, high marschal, draksar charger or constrictor these are defintely some champs you could also take in consideration.

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I would include more champs with lower nora cost.
    this is my terrible draksar bg upload_2017-3-5_3-37-58.png
    basically just testing stuff. i made this bg because i got a forerunner in a pack, and i have always wanted one, he is amazing and lives up to the hype. defiantly should be using akakois blade because that DoT is op, Channeled Violence is crazy strong too. i was using raven speaker but i barely got him out because of his nora cost. Trading him out for Wyrmpriest testing, droped coin for channeled violence, would have forge akakois blade but f that because sl is not my main. i do not own the super staler shield warden.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  5. Schmacko

So, I guess in terms of specific recommendations for the OP - it looks to me like you're going for a more phalanx high def style of play overall and with that in mind:
    Champs:
    Take out both priests of Fury, one ravenspeaker, one centurion, one serpentor ardent, and the temple guard.
    Add 2x drak legionnaires (hold the line, e.aura 3 - 71 nora), 1x drak psion (shrive, shattered summons - 72 nora), 1x serpentor paradigm (regen1, spur - 73 nora), vindrax (res phys 3, a.bomb3 - 98 nora), for the last champ you could add some detection since you have none (except ghetto detect via bolter relic drop) a sermon champ (wyrm priest, or high priest), another tanky alt dmg champ (like augmenter), or put something back in I told you to take out.
    Spells/Relics/Equipment:
    Take out Cancel Magic, Furnace, Clasp, and Indignation
    Add in Planar Dissonance, 2nd Tornado, Phalanx Marker, and Bonesplinter Maul
    If you don't want a 2nd Tornado and you don't choose to add a detect champ in, Blister can be added in as more old school ghetto detect/global dmg. But be warned it's pretty useless in mirror matches and SL is one of the more common factions atm.

So thought process - Legionnaires w/hold the line placed two spaces behind the shield warden are boosting the shieldwarden to 4def (before bold or warden's own hodl the line kicks in), and reducing all dmg by another 2 due to enduring aura. Drop a phalanx marker near one of them and battlemaster 3 takes the warden up to a minimum of five def. If the warden gives a shield to the legionnaire and has weaken spells then they should be pretty safe from AoEs that usually punish you for clumping.

Alternatively Bonesplinter maul on is nice on legionnaire for ranged execute (+bonus dmg vs. other warriors, knights, and brutes) if you don't give him a shield. Maul also works with Centurion and D.Lord.

Planar Dissonance has kind of a similar role to Cancel Magic - You ruin your opponents turn. However Planar Dissonance stays in effect for 3 full rounds and doesn't go away once triggered. Usually when your opponent triggers it they've left a champ in a compromising position (leapt or teleported closer to you, etc.) and with 10 fewer hp. Plus its 10 nora cheaper.

Psion gives you some cheaper AoE anti summon capability, ranged dispel, and psychi dmg.
    Paradigm is mainly there so you keep at least two sources of magic dmg. Plus spur is dope.
    Vindrax is vindrax and he likes battlemaster3 and enduring aura champs too. Plus a source of acid dmg.
    A sermon champ would give you a global hp, dmg, def buff and some more magic dmg, but you'd move from 6 ranged champs to 7. Don't know if you have specific range to melee ratios you like to maintain or not.
    So you lose two sources of fire dmg (but still have akakios for fire), but pick up psychic and acid, which means you go from 3 different dmg types to five.

I don't claim to be a master Drak player and if I built a drak BG from the ground up it'd probably look pretty different, but that's my two cents.

6. ManlyPaws

ManlyPaws The King of Potatoes

Wow thanks for the input. I'll probably replace Pursuer with Forerunner later on and make a planar dissonance when I have the shards.

Attached Files:

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

one of the strongest (and gimmicky) combo I have seen is the dreadnought combo with Touch of Vindrax and draksar morph. some of the draksar are also dragons you you might be able to get away with it in a draksar bg instead of a dragon bg.

I added in a second Draksar Flashblade with violent and sundered exploit. also added a Draksar Charger (charge 3 regen 1) it is always handy to have one or two inattentive champs in your bg's.

8. Schmacko

Once you get 5-10 games under your belt and have a feel for how the new runes are working let us know how the BG is working out. At that point you should be able to tell if there's certain things that aren't working out/don't fit your playstyle. Good luck!

9. Schmacko

I finally decided to forge some shield wardens and build a phalanx style drak bg. I will say I think the combo of shield warden within two spaces of a legionairre with a phalanx marker next to one of them works really well to just tank during font contests. Having a drak high marshal come out to back them up is nice, since he gives the non regenerating valdaci draks a rank of regen for being within 5 spaces. Channeled violence can give your phalanx the ability to move forward a couple of spaces re-hold the line and still double attack if you have full ap, and if they get attacked and not killed during your opponents turn they should be able to put up some big return damage with enrage.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017