Thoughts on Fautbreaker

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

If it was a case of some 60 nora units doing too much, it'd be simple to fix just those guys, but most of the time, the example given is a unit like Draksar Marine, who literally does almost nothing except get Fury when near other Draksars and regens a little bit.

2. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Fair enough. Could it be like stated before that some abilities are just overly too good to be on cheaper units? Gorebucket had a good point imo.

3. Sokolov

It's possible, yes, tho looking thru the list of Colossal and Scale Armor, it doesn't seem like having them on a cheap body necessarily makes those units see play.

And, in the Marine's case, it doesn't have any of the classic "power" abilities. Though one could argue that "Violent/Fury" and other "build up" effects is part of that group, but I suspect if Marine didn't have Violent, it'd still be cited as an example.

4. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Fauktbreaker (FB done right)

Damage: 11
    Range:1
    Speed:7
    Defense 3
    Hp: 65

Abilities
    Attack physical
    Rock slide
    Tectonic blast
    Massive leap 3
    Titan
    Immune poison
    Immune disease
    Warding

Upgrade tree 1:
    Mountaineer
    Colossal

Upgrade tree 2
    Resist physical 2
    Immune fire

Would be worth cost always.

5. Sokolov

How much would you pay for this?

6. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

It might be illuminating to create a "Design a 90-100 nora champ you would actually run" thread.
    Assuming of course people go through the trouble of calculating out the cost so it lines up.

7. Sokolov

I could give a few "base" bodies at specific costs to choose from, that'd help.

In the case of the above build, it's around 110 nora.

Gorebucket likes this.
  8. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

That seems like it would be worth 110 nora. Comparing it to Moog, which also sees a fair bit of play.

9. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

deep wounds on a ranged and cheap unit? check blood witch how much she has to pay and risk to have it

10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

get'um sok, these IS players are out of control!