Thoughts on Salaam?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by vipoid, Aug 10, 2016.

1. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Any thoughts on Salaam the Fell Rabbit (and his pet)?

Either general stuff or possible decks/tactics.

2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

He looks excellent and I wish I had him!

Specifically the double eater with elusive makes him a versatile hard counter bunny.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  3. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

In my opinion, and my opinion doesn't amount to much as I'm a newb, if you want to make the best use of him- as in, his every ability synergizes with the BG- would be in a split BG. This is because eater abilities are really only different from immunities if the champ gets damaged with that damage type, and unless your up against a newbie (IE me... :p) they won't be kind enough to damage him for you.
    Therefore, the best way to make use of him is in a BG with a lot of aoes/indiscriminate damage spells and abilities that can hit him and heal him. FF UD doesn't have access to many of these in the magic and phsycic front... and they have access to *far* less of them if you also want to make use of his pretty heavy beast synergy (with both being a beast and having a beast synergy ability). Thus, I'd go with a split faction beast psychic and/or magic deck if you want to use him at his full potential.

And going off of the FS/UD full fire eater BG I've played, eater abilities can be very powerful if you treat them as more then just immunities. In a bg comprised of that eater ability, it essentially gives you a way to heal the champ without dedicating any actual healing to it.

EDIT: Not to mention, as salaam happens to be a meelee champ, any indiscriminate damage you throw his way to heal him will likely also damage whatever hes fighting.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

The pet having swap makes him a pseudo 9 speeder first turn. He's a very good first deploy if your opponent dropped a magic/psychic damage or ranged champ.

5. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Yes, youre a noob...yet you throw your 2 cents in on everything. That being said the rabbit is a solid font contestor and skirmisher. Its easily killed by melee, but has pretty good mobility. Getting its little shadow rabbit to die quick is the key. Life siphon helps it survive a bit more. I would give the rune a b +. It would be an a if it had some more punch. I usually just use it to distract people. Oh, it also costs too much i think...i could run it or not run it...i dont think its an auto include.

6. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Agreed about it lacking punch. I thought the shadow bunny gave him a damage bonus when it died, but seemingly not.