Thoughts on trashtalking?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Agirgis1, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I don't like how you refered to me and blamed them for my attitude....Truth is i grew up watching basketball and learning about great trashtalkers like micheal jordan and reggie miller , even larry bird
    So i never saw it as offensive , i just think its part of any competitive sport .... although im aware currently trashtalking in professional sports has dialed down a lot because people get offended a lot easier and take it personally rather then the competitive manner it was presented.

2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I don't really get it, why would anyone trashtalk u if they're winning? Lucky I've never faced anyone that antagonistic.

On a side note, is this thread about TRASHTALKING or about EQUALITY-FOR-ALL

I'm lost. In all honesty, anything that is spoken on a game should really be taken on a more relaxing tone. Learn to be a little bit less sensitive to these issues. this vs dota = 1:50 violence ratio. Unless ofc if somebody is threatening you "i know where u live imma **** u tonight". then u can report.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  3. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

there is nothing wrong with trashtalking, if you are offended by it pox clien offers 2 solutions, profanity filter and ignore list

RedScarlet likes this.
  4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Nothing says what you really feel about a match like a rage quit.

5. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

If you trashtalk to people on the internet your mother failed to impart a proper set of manners onto you.

6. Apostate

Apostate I need me some PIE!

You should only taunt people in character for your theme.

All I need is:
    "stitchstitchstitchstitchstitchstitchstitchstitchstitchstitchstitchstitch"

singinsammy and TeaNinja like this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

^That's exactly why I act a drunken fool. I knew there was a good explanation, I just knew it!

8. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I don't mind trash talking, but most people don't seem to know the difference between trash talking and straight up personal attacks.

Although the latter normally amuses me, to be honest - i can't imagine being offended by anything anyone says to me online (although I guess I am fortunate enough to be born into the most privileged subset of humans - hurrah for being a straight white male)

I miss playing vs mhmsenor, those chatlogs were always hilarious to read.

Sweet memories:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Like I said, nobody is stopping you from doing so nor is anybody stopping you from reading one-liners. "I only like what I like and the rest should follow that" sounds pretty silly.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@Regulate

pretty sure you watched a louis ck sketch not long ago. "I'm a white male, you can't even hurt my feelings" ?

11. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Or I am just socially aware?

12. only

only Active Member

I feel more offended by people who write "gg" in PM after a game they won. you might consider it a polite gesture, but I have to ask why did they fail to write "helo" at the beginning of match if this is the case?

those personal attacks are lowbob. they aren't psychologically effective. the loudest in the room is the weakest one. sometimes I put some "duck" in the lobby chat and see how people react. like "what would you do if you were a girl for 1 day". and you can see the reaction of players in lobby giving pretty solid psychological picture of it. if some people feel the need to constantly tell how cool they're over internets, it might be a sign. go figure out.

the way you react depends on two things: your social experience and your gaming experience. most of those trashtalking come from limited league players trying to explain their very single loss if they think that the game they just lost isn't deserved. like the need to explain their defeats. seeking the respect among other limited players.

good point that there are two type of trashtalking. bad thing is that poxnora lacks of that real trashtalking. most of those are just absurd personal attacks insulting nothing else but the person stating that crap of bull.

note how different are trashtalking between limited and under limited players. "nonamers" (no offence) mostly just say some Bane Shift people forgot in the next minute. limited players mostly insult skill with addition of claiming how great they are.

somehow people don't insult me for my skills. not because I'm (un)skilled, but there is simply value behind that. they will say that and there won't be reaction from my side. they don't even bother. what does it mean? you get exactly what you want to get. if you constantly trashtalked, it's very likely you're doing the same.

watch and learn:

and if you haven't had enough:

RedScarlet likes this.
  13. only

only Active Member

players like agirgis1 seem to be immature "competitivewise" (I'm really not sure what would be a term for that). couple months ago he was playing in rare league and now that he has good results crutching on current UD gives him right to talk bullshit all the time (I don't think so). not insulting his skills, but all that highbob talk came the moment he got highranked. it might be coincidence. it might tbe the case of almost every single pox player. up to you to decide.

14. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

So like some sick joke , i got majorly harassed today for hours on end by multiple ppl , don't get me wrong ive gotten used to it...... but im talking for HOURS unbelievable amount of harass out of ppl i didnt know....half the ppl i never even played against or talk too ,

If this was someones Plan to change my opinion of trashtalking it might have just worked :p

as to you Only , im playing stitched in high rank now.. i have no way to defend myself against your shots without sounding cocky , so there you go

Hate me or love me , respect the fact that im doing my best to be where i am and trying to progress further

15. only

only Active Member

this is what I meant, guys! as you see, I didn't use ANY offensive word, but I still managed to insult him. this is the proper psychological pressure given by me. if I was just calling him all those lowbob words, it wouldn't have worked.

read his text carefully and you will understand that I touched a right spot. sorry that you had to be example.

16. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

no actually , its the hours of harassing i suffered today that left me weakened for you to take advantage of :p

17. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

It's sad, because people indeed used to be exceptionally friendly on the internet. Until the flood gates opened and it turned into road rage hell.

What this thread reminds me of:

[​IMG]

DarkJello likes this.
  18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- There prolly could be a middle ground between what we have now and hearthstone.

19. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I did mention that it's a good idea to open a game with "gl hf" which functions as a hello as far as I'm concerned.

20. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

carebear?