Throne of the Circle nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Now what do you expect a wizard bg to do without the novas? There's loads of interactions with Swap and teleport with wizards that made the magic nova benefit. Spell resistance of course, wasn't particularly necessary but did benefit them too. The problem with this relic was the fact that it was GLOBAL and that it gave rank 3 nova, which had too high damage output. I propose to firking rework the silly nerf that Sok came up with and make it a weaker version of the original design.

Throne of the Circle: friendly Wizards within 6 spaces have Spell Resistance and Magic Nova 2.

Tweek516, Qucas and Xirone like this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Sok doesn't balance this game for the top tier.
    Lets go play single player everyone!
    GGWP

3. Alakhami

I'm really upset dude. I have no motivation to play when my Jellebrium Wizards and FW/KF Wizards get shoeboxed because people don't know how to nerf OP things.

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The nerf certainly did take the wizard synergy out of the rune. It did need a nerf, though. Ideally it would have retained some wizard synergy.

5. Alakhami

Yeah, it did need a nerf. But not this way...

Xirone likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This was the quickest way to nerf the Throne (it didn't require coding). I am certainly open to discussing your idea, @Gutsa.

I don't think the relic is shoeboxed, personally, but I do understand the other version was interesting for you.

I will pencil your idea in so I don't forget it, but note that changing something from global to AE is basically re-writing the whole ability, so it isn't something to enter into lightly.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  7. Alakhami

It's only playable in Wizard Magic Amp, which isn't that bad, but without the Novas, the magic amp benefits the opponent quite often. In general, I didn't like the FF KF Magic Amp because of that and because of the problem that all Amp decks face - alt dmg. But w/e, do what you like. I'm not coming back to pox until this is fixed.

8. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

This is like the silliest reason ever to quit Pox over.

Ballballer likes this.
  9. Alakhami

I just don't have interest in playing anything else to be honest. Most of the stuff that I played other than wizards became boring.

10. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Sometimes it's just the last straw. Usually when I've quit something it's been building for a while and then it's just that one final thing that tips the decision over the edge for me. Most of the times the actual deal breaker has been relatively insignificant.

11. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Try moga. All the positioning is kindve fun and you can pull off a bunch of stuff. It kinda sucks for me because lategame is when moga are most powerful, and lategame with moga basically makes my laptop lag like crazy. You wouldnt have that problem though and wouldnt have to deal with that incredibly irritating situation. You could probs get battlemaster with them and theyre fun to play. Now that buckethead, dirge, general, raider, mika, razor, thrower, and babbler got taps, i dont feel as bad using them in certain circumstances now either (flagbearer tap is incoming)

Edit: im going to take a break for a little bit, because i take the LSAT on Feb 6th. You can borrow my moga deck if youd like

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    Makorov and Bellagion like this.
  12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Can confirm that moga look fun. At least I always enjoy facing them. Have to keep in mind all the little tricks they can pull.

13. Alakhami

Oh wow, sure dude.

14. Alakhami

Have you got an acquired taste in the Blacklabel Brew?

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If you are asking if I enjoy playing Brew decks then the answer is yes but they start kind of slow unless you get very specific draws so I tend to move on after a few days.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  16. Alakhami

I wrote that when I was st***ed dude, sry.

17. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I mean... it's Pox. Runes appear/disappear every couple weeks. Getting this attached to a single rune seems misadvised to me.

18. Alakhami

It's simple. I think the nerf wasn't justified and it was something I had fun playing with. A more reasonable nerf is achievable, why not bring it to attention?

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think what you're trying to say is, it deserved a nerf, but not one so severe?

20. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Not really Doubtbro...you make a BG that is fun AND competitive and you walk in one day and it is rekt. That is NOT fun and is a complete downer. It caused me not to play for quiet a while and I still haven't truly got back to playing near as much before when I took a break. Its a very frustrating experience. It is good that there are players like you that just shrug it off and move on to the next BG, but for some of us its an excruciating experience.