Throne of the Circle nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, Jan 28, 2016.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Attachment is one of three poisons of the mind. It is best to minimize how much it impacts you.

Netherzen likes this.
  2. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

But, this is an ignorant stance to take. NO rune should be made unplayable due to nerfing... Not calling you ignorant, Bell, not at all...just saying that some people think as long as a rune isn't bothering them any more then it is no biggie.
    The ultimate problem is this:
    They listen to WAY to many mouths...everyone has a different opinion and therefore the end result is unbalanced fixing of things.
    After a problematic rune is nerfed, it doesn't end. Everyone just moves on to the next "problematic" rune. This is a vicious cycle that will never end. So why not leave some of these things along. Throne of the circle has been the same rune for as long as I can remember (correct me if I am wrong), why the heck does it need changed now?

3. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Psychology and Philosophy...the two GREATEST poisons of the mind....

4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

So trying to know how the mind works is a bad thing? Seriously?

Makorov likes this.
  5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

People complained about it back then too.

6. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I'm not arguing against that point. I don't care one way or another. I'm just saying that becoming upset when a rune you like gets nerfed will lead you to be disappointed much of the time. If you take it in perspective it may save you some heartache.

super71, Netherzen, Tweek516 and 3 others like this.
  7. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

It's actually happened for the first time. I guess it's more due to the fact that I just created a bg that I found really intersting that revolves around the original design of the Throne, but oh well, life goes on.

8. René Descartes

René Descartes New Member

To live without philosophizing is in truth the same as keeping one's eyes closed without attempting to open them.

super71 and Lushiris like this.
  9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Just for fun, a short history* of Throne of the Circle...

Form I (30 Nora)- While Throne of the Circle is in play, all friendly Wizards have Immunity: Magical and Council: Spells. This relic is Font Powered
    Form II (30 Nora)- While Throne of the Circle is in play, all friendly Wizards have Immunity: Magical and Council: Spells.
    Form III (30 Nora)- Friendly Wizards have Spell Resistance and Magic Nova 3.
    Form IV (30 Nora)- This relic has Amplify Magic and friendly Wizards have Spell Resistance and Magic Nova 3.
    Form V (35 Nora)- This relic has Amplify Magic and friendly Wizards have Spell Resistance and Magic Nova 3.
    Form VI (30 Nora)- This relic has Amplify Magic and Grand Entrance.

*My memory may be a little fuzzy but this is the history of the rune as I recall it.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note that even Gutsa thought it should be changed, he just wants a different change.

11. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

I personally don't struggle against this relic or wizards in general, and certainly can think of higher priority targets. If wizards were generally more efficient I could see your justifications for the nerf, but as it stands this call just seems weird.

Much like the recent nerf to bone elemental- where was the justification?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  12. Sokolov

There are always going to potentially higher priority targets depending on your perspective - I will never hit the "right" stuff according to any specific person unless I am actually that person. This rune was targeted for a change for awhile and broadcasted to both the Council (which you are a part of), which you didn't comment on, so it's hard for me to know what you are thinking unless you tell me.

In any case, AMP Magic was widely considered to be very strong by numerous players, so perhaps their opinion differs from your's in that regard. Again, this was a quick change requiring no code, and since no one seems to like it, I will consider alternatives.

13. devilsrath

devilsrath I need me some PIE!

Widely considered strong and actually strong are two completely different things. I'm not sure if Stormreader procing on shocked is widely considered strong- but it should be. And Whirling Quarry. Period. Should be.

14. Sokolov

Well, sure, whether something should be nerfed is ultimately a subjective opinion, and one that I have to make a determination on. Different people have different opinions on what is actually strong so as I always say, everyone would have their own lists of buffs and nerfs. I am not you, so our lists will be different. If you want to help ensure the lists take your opinions into account, you know the channels in which you can do so.

15. Sokolov

Stormreader has been nerfed 3 different times and I am OK with leaving it alone for a bit for those changes to settle. Quarry was recently adjusted and there are a wide variety of opinions on the rune. It will most likely be hit in the Passive Champion pass.

16. Sokolov

Again, if you feel the wrong things are being changed and want to provide feedback, do message me, post here, or post in the Council forums.

It's much easier to adjust things and take your opinion into account if you let me know what they are :D

17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Even though this nerf didn't go over that well, thanks for being decent enough to reconsider. Hopefully it will be a Wizard themed rune if/when it gets changed again.

Alakhami likes this.
  18. abrasax

abrasax The King of Potatoes

Sok the problem is the throne get shoeboxed because is fastes nerf it in this way isn't reasonable.

19. Sokolov

I don't believe it is shoeboxed.

20. abrasax

abrasax The King of Potatoes

Maybe not but do a change in the fastes way instead of the better way it is not a policy that pays long term.