Time played vs Gold rewarded

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Poxpoints, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

Can someone tell me what ways there are to earn gold (ranked matches, achievements, campaigns, etc.) and how much gold each of them earns (if with a formula than the formula).

I would like to make a small analysis on time played vs gold rewarded.

I'm not sure how it will turn out, it's more to satisfy my own curiosity than anything else, but I'll update my findings in this thread if anyone is willing to help me out with the data.

Cheers,

Josh753

2. Charian

Charian New Member

What JellyBerry said.
    The dailies and daily achievements have big gold rewards, other PvP (and I believe PvE, campaigns) doesn't get you much, only 1 or 2 gold a minute, a little more if you win.
    Other achievements, like epic battle, have very small rewards, 10-30 gold each.

3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

There's a guide somewhere on farming Euan's Last Stand. If you have the runes for the full BG you can attempt to rush it and continuously get the epic battle every few minutes, or you can just use the cheap version, start a game, go do something else for 30mins, come back and get 300 gold.

4. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

To be clear I don't want to go out there and farm gold, I just want to see what ways there are there and would like to know the "formulas" behind gold gain.

E.g.:
    - Ranked Game: 150 gold + X gold for every X minutes over 10 minutes (game needs to last at least 10 minutes).
    - Daily Skirmish X: 400 gold
    - Etc.

Hope that makes it a bit more clear as to what I'm looking for.

Cheers,

Josh753

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@Sokolov

6. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

PvP games should have their gold buffed or more achievements that happen passively should be implemented to boost gold gains. Perhaps something like:

First win of the day (We already have this)
    First ranked win of the day
    Fifth ranked win of the day
    Tenth ranked win of the day
    First ranked win of the day without transfiguring
    First ranked win of the day while transfigured.

Doesn't have to be those, but little things that occur in matches giving boosts along the way.

7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

id rather see: your guild controls territory X on the world map. any pvp battles fought by your guild members in that territory yield a gold bonus.

8. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

How are the gps distributed to people within the guild?

Any ideas for people not in a guild or are you forcing people to join guild?

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

fill in the blanks as you need to. keywords are map, guild, and gold.