Tinder

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrBadguy, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

if anything not lying to them if you are a liar would be hiding who you are and be dishonest?

so to be honest I'd have to lie?

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Idk, he seems pretty G to me.

Etherielin, Geressen and SPiEkY like this.
  3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Cannot try that game. Its not compatibile with my operative system "married life" .

Etherielin and 19madfox95 like this.
  4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I just missed out on Tinder, but i played the prequel OKcupid for a while and it was the same tactics. Try to pick up on something in the profile that you could say something funny or interesting about.... but you definitely need to metagame because the obvious things they will have heard a hundred times - so you avoid the open goals and pick up on the details.

5. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Sounds about right. These girls don't make it easy either. One of my most recent openers roughly translates to "Just so we're clear, you're not schizophrenic, right?" because she had the most generic photos in the galaxy and all he had was a poem about hearing voices in her head. Luckily, it worked and I was able to get her number and talk on whatsapp. Goes way smoother if you filter out the profiles and only right swipe on people with interests you actually share but a good original joke tends to work.

6. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

All things considered, Tinder seems like a good way to find women to date or hook up with, but it's almost a chore when you get a lot of profiles with no way to sort through them or skip them altogether. Tinder Gold apparently fixes this by telling you who swiped right on you beforehand so I will probably get that when it comes out if only to save time on my end. If there was a filter on that app, I'd apply settings like these:
    • Filter profiles with no Bio
    • if (instagram.numofpics > 100) {filter(this)];
    • Filter certain basic ***** terms like "travel", "tacos", "valar morghulis", "pizza"
    • Don't show me anyone with those dog and cat face app things
    • WEIGHT FILTER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. THIS HELPS BOTH CHUBBY CHASERS AND MOI
    • Any kind of bio search options or setting bio terms to get more paired with would be cool
    I'm probably below average with having only gotten 1hu and 2 dates(plus upcoming one Monday) out of it since august 29 despite spending 1-2 hours a day on it but if an autismal person like me can make it work, anyone can.

7. Vote Kanye 2020

My tinder bio has just been ''Justin uses harden, it's not very effective...''. Miraculously it's actually opened up quite a few convos. Which considering wasn't the intention is good news I guess.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Burns steps for success on Tinder, or, how to min max your time.

1. Swipe everything right without watching
    2. Unmatch uninteresting girls
    3. Be borderline cocky/arrogant or plain overdo the confidence in bio and convo
    4. Be silly witty and playful
    5. Look like me
    6. Win

Overall, its a funny "stay busy" activity and stuff falls in your lap. Depending in your standards, getting somewhere isnt hard.

9. Vote Kanye 2020

Swiping right on everyone ruins the algorithm due to thinking your a bot and puts you at low priority. So you actually turn up on less peoples options and get less matches.

MaruXV likes this.
  10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

You also need to get good at spotting less attractive girls with good photos and more attractive girls with bad photos.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Proof?

I keep getting plenty matches

12. Vote Kanye 2020

''If you swipe right on everyone, Tinder is likely to see you as a spamming robot, and will be reluctant to show you to other profiles. But if you swipe left on everyone, Tinder may see you as too picky. They’ll then show you to fewer profiles as they don’t want you to disappoint everyone with their lack of matches.''

This is what an employee for tinder allegedly said.b Which in all honesty makes absolute sense so I doubt it's untrue.

13. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

That actually makes a lot of sense. Good thing I've been picky but not overly so.

14. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Actually, thinking more about the implications of what you said...does that mean I should be swiping on women even if I am almost sure I wouldn't be compatible with them? I've seen attractive women but they highlight stuff that I hate like clubbing or football so I just swipe left but could the system be flagging me as too picky from that? I'm not sure at what left swipe % the app would flag you as such or if it wants you to have some ideal right to match rate or what.

15. Vote Kanye 2020

No, I assume it's like if you only swipe right on 1 out of every hundred or something absurd like that.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

but what if you are looking for theone in a million?

17. Vote Kanye 2020

Then I don't think that kind of girl will be using tinder.

Geressen likes this.
  18. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

The heck does that mean? A gay black ginger dwarf Asian could be a one in a million for all you know.

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think you need Grindr to find those.

Etherielin likes this.
  20. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

So I've been thinking. If I'm talking to 5-10 women from Tinder sumultaniously and guys get less matches, does that mean these chicks are talking to dozens and dozens of guys at any given time or does their low swipe right rate mean they keep their pools lower? The logistics of online dating baffle me.

@BurnPyro straight up says he swipes right on everyone so I wonder if most people roll like that. Wouldn't that lead to hundreds of matches in a single week of usage for them?