TinyDragon's Spirit Quest for the Next Deck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fattyy2k, Feb 1, 2016.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

We follow the story of Tiny, a questing Dragon searching for the great prize: the Deck to rule them!

Tiny is on the path towards his next deck, but the question is what would that be?

Comment! Discuss!

Let us write the epic tale!

"One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne In the Land of Mordor Poxanthuru where the Shadows lie. One Deck to rule them all, One Deck to find them" - Markoth, Holy Knight of IS

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    Woffleet likes this.
  2. ButterFaceGirl

ButterFaceGirl Active Member

whatever he plays, it will get nerfed. so he has to be a gypsy, moving on after the townspeople go on the forums to cry nerf.

Qucas, Ifem21 and Heart like this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The SL junk deck isn't working out for him -- it doesn't play to his strengths. The deck is bad at drawing back, turtling up, then jostling for position, a strategic approach Tiny has used to good effect for a long time. He could probably something with a touch higher resource curve.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Heute hier, morgen dort, bin kaum da, muss ich fort ...

5. ButterFaceGirl

ooga booga pasta lasagna

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

this isnt true, his deck just sucks. he was using a draksar bg, draksar suck and have sucked for a long time now.(competitively at higher ranks)

he can play pretty much any deck better than anyone else currently playing, including weaker decks.(regardless of the "style" of the deck)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  7. Legnazza90

Legnazza90 I need me some PIE!

Dood leave my pasta lasagna alone! cant you see that is kartoffeln language?

Qucas and BurnPyro like this.
  8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Out of interest, what would you reccomend him to play?

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sl doesn't have the high skill ceiling/options/outplay potential many of the best hoppers liked. In all my years of playing, I've always noticed that guys like Tiny/Ryv/Devils shy away from SL, with the exception of Skeezick when they are baller good.

I'm never sure if I should be happy or sad that they don't want to play my favorite faction.

10. ButterFaceGirl

So you are saying that SL is easy mode?

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

No, he is saying Snogvie needs some bard bandmates. Read between the lines, it helps if you quint.

Sealer0 likes this.
  12. ButterFaceGirl

global dmg + distract is not OP?

13. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

They all played dragons when sky wings were batshit crazy

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, the deck also has problems, but if a setup rewarded Tiny for the things at which he's good, it wouldn't matter much if the list was tier 1 or 1.5. He's has better records in the past with equivalent or worse decks.

Uh, probably not any SL, or most of FW. Besides that, there are a lot of options, but he needs better (and more numerous) ranged tools than what SL and non-Witch FW provide. IS, ST, KF, some forms of SP -- that's where I'd lean for him.

Certainly seems like it. I can't exactly put my finger on way, but SL seems to lack in range count, which makes it hard for them to back off and then expect to win.

15. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Why not FS?

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I dunno, he could probably play FS and it would work out alright. He might get flooded by numbers in standoffs though.

17. doubtofbuddha

Are you talking stat stacking or sheer quantity?

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Both, but mainly stacking. FS is good and tiny could make it work, but in the matches I've seen, FS looks to just have fewer numbers on the board.

19. doubtofbuddha

I for one embrace our new non-stat stacking masters.

20. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Tiny used to play Aqua deck