To Balance or RageQuit to a Miss Click: New Players Beware

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aseryen, Nov 26, 2017.

1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I think the title speaks for itself...How long? No really...how long will the sticky action map bug be a problem.

Oh wait! you just thought "have you made a bug posting about it?"

My Answer: Has @Sokolov @Senshu @TheBeeKing @INeedMoreGreensToCallOut even logged in to play the game and make note of it themselves?

I think as a community we all need to agree or decide, bite the bullet...take a loss on this one. SHUT THE SERVERS DOWN! At least until the greens have made a community video as their big reveal that "YES! HEY! OUR GAME FINALLY WORKS AND WE ARE PROUD TO ASSOCIATE OUR FACES WITH POXNORA AGAIN!"

If you want to play the game still, ty! I love you and I do too...but lets be honest we could all use an offline mode and if it take 4-8 months of the servers being down for the QOL to improve and a game mode implemented after 10years of "wtf where is an offline feature?" then lets do it.

What kind of QOL are you boasting when a new player will give no FU$%$ that their opponent is "OMG SO OP" or that you are focusing only on parameters that are as arbitrary as the next designed rune? How are STAT parameters more important or take precedent to actually allowing your player base to interact with the client without a sticky action map problem...really...

It's been YEARS that the community has asked for a mobile Pox, you not only spit in the face of all of us, but dropped a heaping pile of YOUR OWN SH!% on our laps; do not screw up your next and potentially last chance to improve the state of this game...it's been plenty long that DOGZ has fully influenced the course of Poxnora and any issues/problems in 2018 are 100% the fault of the current staff at DOGZ, the Devs should feel ashamed and humiliated if they try and use "SOE had control of Poxnora" as an excuse moving forward, they should have the mindset to make note of what it is they like/don't like from SOE and cull that immediately or implement it in full swing.

SOE at least gave us a playable game so in 2018 DOGZ will Kill or Ascend poxnora...

sirvile, bambino and newsbuff like this.
  2. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Let it all out bro.. let it all out. :(

sirvile likes this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Yeah, the game has a few QOL bugs right now so make it completely unplayable. No game is DEFINITELY 100% BETTER than 1 with a few bugs

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

what are you doing here if you think the game is unplayable? go play duelist, or hearthstone. Or buy Pox and make it work "immediatly" if you can. Otherwise, let us play our bugged game, while we support the dev team to make it better in time needed to do that, criticizing when needed. And stop annoying us with posts. Do like everybody else, make only one big post of claim, then leave. You know where the door is.

davre, Drache77 and Etherielin like this.
  5. aseryen

I've been playing quite a few other games in the time that the new client has been released and I have made videos commenting and critiquing the client/game as well.

I find your position annoying

this campaign on bugs has lasted long enough and if you think UI has nothing to do with balance you don't really know much about game design. HUD/UI/UX all make up the QOL which allows for a playable game. I'm curious what the greens think about all those points holistically.

6. aseryen

I would rather them shut the servers down during the week with scheduled play times. Imo this would be a positive step from the Devs since it shows that they are focusing on Pox more specifically and ideally these times would be community bug hunts that yes imo would serve to be more beneficial than keeping the servers open as they are...logistically this is best, I understand people hold the game near to their heart but its getting old that because I'm not groveling at the feet of people I think are doing a poor job that I don't have the same devotion to Poxnora as the rest of the players that feel like groveling is the only way to speak to one another.

Bugs are QOL imo but yeah Idt there is a single game that plays flawlessly and has zero bugs, and if there was I'd be the first in line to mod the hell out of it. Some games play better with bugs and are what actually gets put into the game we all know Pox does not WAD or WAI, I personally like that I just don't like an unplayable client. Does this make sense @MaruXV @Etherielin What I'm saying is that the players that praise the greens and put themselves up on the pedestal as oh so kind and the epitome of the best community member are playing the same game I am right now and that powercreep is more balanced than a client that has bugs or crashes when trying to play...

HUD/UI/UX all make up the game imo, if you don't have anything to reference your input to there is no game. Which is why when the client freezes and you cannot further interact and immerse yourself with the HUD/UI/UX you are no longer playing a game...you can learn that in most Game Design classes around the first week or so if you haven't already understood that from playing interactive media throughout your life...

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

1. please refrain from using too many technical abbreviations, not everybody here is a programmer/has skills to understand them without googling (me first).

2. Me, or ethe, or other players are not putting devs on a pedestal. If you notice, we are the first who write about bugs and problems of the game. but not to say "shame on you and on your cow, why dont you do something, the game is over we are all going to die", but to positively interact with them, help them understand where the game is missing and try to improve the experience for everybody. Its not like everybody has to do it, but it helps.

3. Its not like all we players here got involved in a cult that is stealing our money, so you have to feel the moral quest of redeeming all of us. Most of us understand the condition of the game, and still cosciently decide to play it (except @nepyonisdead, he is just addicted. ) . So we dont actually need everyone who doesnt like the state of the game to come here and shout continously about it. Its like when you go to a movie, somebody doesnt like it, and goes away. fine with that. but if he continues to come back to the room and shout that the movie is Bane Shift, its kinda annoying. We got it, you dont like it. You are not forced to stay. If you have some critics to make, send them to the director of the movie privately. Or make a blog, so we can decide if we can join it to read or opinions, or not.

Bondman007, Drache77 and nepyonisdead like this.
  8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Your whining is not useful. Wanna be beneficial to the community? Do this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Make yourself useful.

9. aseryen

WAI: Works As Intended
    WAD: Works As Described
    HUD: Heads Up Display
    UI: User Interface
    UX: User Experience

2. I did give a quite logical and logistically sound suggestion; suspend the servers temporarily so that we can do what it is @Etherielin is trying to claim that I'm unwilling to do. I just think it's more beneficial to get us all in the same barrel on the same day and then take a shotgun to everything in there...get what I'm putting down?

3. Poxnora has had many expansions so it would be more accurate to say it is more like a Sitcom and the content consumers don't like is the one writer that gets their horrible jokes every some odd episodes.

10. aseryen

All Praise!!! BOW DOWN!!! ANNOINT ME OH BUG STOMPER GIVE ME THE TIME THROUGHOUT THE DAY TO CONSTANTLY ALT-F4 AND RESTART MY CLIENT SO THAT I CAN TEST BUGS WHEN I WOULD TEST FOR BUGS ALL DAY IF I DIDNT HAVE TO STOP MY EFFORTS EVERY TIME THE CLIENT FROZE.

Get off your high horse, you clearly don't think any one can ever amount to the quality of effort put into hunting for bugs. Honestly thank you for finding those but you got waaaay too bum hurt over me suggesting servers shut down to help do exactly what it is you are stating I do. Honestly your logic makes less sense than mine...

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

1. thanks, that helps

2. Really you think that it would be more helpful to shut down the game ? people that are keeping up struggling with the game are doing that because they think the game is still worth the struggle. So they want to play. If they wanted a complete, perfect product before playing, they would have been already on other clients of other games, waiting for this to become complete. But they arent, they are here playin. So are you really sure taking away the only reason they are still here, is a good move?

3. i dont get your point. even if its a sitcom, its annoying if you come in the room shouting. So please refrain from it. if you dont like it, exit the room and go watch another one. If you think you can say something to make it better, send it to the director. If you want opinions about your idea of how it could have been better, is ok (like in point 2.). but understand that if almost everybody tells you you are wrong, maybe you really are.

Etherielin likes this.
  12. aseryen

Fix the client from freezing or sticky selecting my runes so that I can actually bug test and yeah all of what you are saying would make sense, but man you have to lay off if you think ever person playing the game will tolerate crashes WHEN THE SERVERS ARE ACTIVELY OPEN AND THERE IS NO OFFICIAL ANOUNCEMENT INGAME OR ON THE CLIENT that every some odd game will freeze to the SAME EXACT BUG FOR THE PAST 4MONTHs, tell me who is actually helping the community? Me for suggesting we consolidate the time players can play online to proactively funnel them into Bug test days so we can squash the bugs all together or you by ignoring the glaring no1 issue so that bugs can efficiently be tested and then gloating that you were to preoccupied with your own shadow to notice you still don't have the basic tools to do a lot of your bug testing...

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Joyce was a beginner compared to you...

anyway, i didnt get any bug that freezes the game in this 4months. so maybe its your pc. which bug is that?

14. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Why can't we be friends

MaruXV likes this.
  15. aseryen

2. I understand your logic, a large and fundamental point of my stance on 'staggering the server' is to direct players that want to play the game on to given days/times that are meant to look specifically at bugs XYZ. These can be weekend bug stomping events or open ended which is the current state Poxnora is in. What I am saying is 'hey lets get our S%!T together and log in on at this day/time to accomplish this goal'

I can't help it if people don't like my phrasing or humor, I'm not going type things with sprinkles and a cherry on top

3. The difference is that you think the forums is the theatre, which actually means you see things more like me than you think and less the way Sok does which is that the Forums are as much the room (game) as the ingame client is the room. I'm not in general chat on the game ranting and raving, in fact nobody would notice me since the game has such a low community rn. Instead what has happened and what I am in support of is that the Forums are equally the game Poxnora and so my commentary however distasteful by your standards is in fact gameplay.

3a. The masses generally don't think uniformly, especially when the masses don't fully comprehend the scenario because it was directed at those in charge who are able to make the decision for said masses. This is not to put you down, but if Sok had come out and said 'Ok look every other week we are going to completely shut the servers down except for scheduled days throughout the week, on these days you are free to play what you like but if you could please play and test these runes. Weekends are also open days but we will have a list of bugs we want you to test WITH US' in fact I think the community would rejoice with cheer that something that proactive is happening...

I'm suggesting more green involvement and you're all tell me I'm wrong...why is that being argued?

16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think mostly @aseryen is right with a lot of what he's saying, their comes a point where you just say let's shut it down and start over, it was a good run.

People continue kissing the devs asses, yet they haven't really done anything since the new client. Sure a couple bug fixes, but most of those end up bugging something else. People say post bugs, well many of this community members have been posting "bugs" for a decade, little has changed.

I love the game, more than most, but enough is enough the game is unplayable and it doesn't irritate anyone as much as it does me. Anyone that says it's playable, I'll agree with to an extent. The game is playable for circus bgs and fun, the game is not playable for ranked or serious play. Too many game breaking bugs, to ever warrant a fair playing field when doing ranked, whether it's targeting, abilities, movement, disconnects, which is mostly all I experience in every game I play now and essentially all you do in pox. We argue those are small bugs, but that's all you do in pox, attack-targeting, abilities, movement, the only aspect that isn't broken is strategizing and that's because that's on the person not pox at all.

bambino and aseryen like this.
  17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

1. ingame chat is one of the problems so yes, forum is like the hall of the theatre, not the room. still its annoying if you shout.

2. words matter. if i see you make a mistake in a match and i say : "you firkin suck, how can you be this bad? git gud"
    or "i think you made a big mistake there, you should try to be more careful about positioning in these situations", you feel the difference right?

3. because you have been told by already all players that cared to reply that they prefer to have the chance to play whenever they want even in this condition than not having access to the game except in some days. please accept it.

18. Silveraine

My only point of frustration remains that this has gone on long enough. It's been close to 6 months now that the new client was released for PC.
    • How much longer till we actually feel confident to say that we made it work?
    • Why are we focused on diversifying the number of platforms this game can be played on (PlayS/Vita) before even sorting out the client issues on PC? How many people actually use a Vita anyway? If the idea was to reach more users, wouldn't it be better to develop the game for mobile devices and tablets instead which is owned by arguably the entire population of planet Earth?
    • Why are we focused on developing and releasing new content when that exact same resources could be utilized to get the client in better shape?
    Your answer to all of this is just be patient and supportive, I fail to see it when the state of the game says otherwise. If they needed more time developing the new client, then heck they shouldn't have announced it in the first place. Have we not seen the exact same thing with the Steam release? Raising our expectations was a bane.

Releasing something as big as a client update and expecting that we can work on making it better for over half a year (with no end in sight) is bull crap if you ask me. So I see no reason why players like @Aseryen shouldn't be pissed. Call em the bad guy if you like but at least he's not afraid to face the truth and suggest a harsher (but smarter) idea.

aseryen likes this.
  19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

1. I think its DOG's priority to reach that condition as soon as possible. Game working = more people play and pay.
    2. Because SONY payed a project to do that. And mobile port requires investment of money and time. SONY made it, it wasnt a success but they payed. Maybe now DOGs can go to mobile. Said that, i dont see how you could play on a phone...even on a tablet might be too small to understand anything.
    3. Because we already hade 1 year without new content and it was painful. Client works, with some bugs but works. Having a couple releases a year keeps things fresh enough for players to have new toys, and leaves time to work on bug fix/client fix.

I wasnt here for steam release, but at least that made the game ok on macs.

Yes, the only answer is to be supportive and patient. Complaining one by one about same stuff everyday doesnt actually help in anyway. As somebody said, a bugged incomplete game is still better than having nothing. Also remember this is BETA client.

20. Silveraine

1. That's everyone's priority, but saying this doesn't change the current situation.
    2. The mobile format of the game probably won't feature Pox as it is, maybe it requires a lite version. Pointless to discuss at this point, anyhow.
    3. We had one year without new content, true. But this did not have to happen once the Beta testing was launched. Beta testing should not be open to the entire world. Opening the Beta launch to limited players is a good way to minimize the damage that the game is facing right now.

Also, I differ with this statement, "a bugged incomplete game is still better than having nothing". What is it exactly that we didn't have before the new client was launched? We had a fully functional game which we were used to playing that did not have the new downfalls of the Beta client.

This point cannot be argued over anymore, they have jumped the guns on releasing the client to the general audience.