To heal

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Qucas, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I know talking about things can make them easier to deal with, so here it goes. I know I mentioned that theres girl in WA state I have a bad habit of thinking of. Which in a way is this other girls fault for messing with my mind at times and for awhile, I had this one mental illness because of her, dont really want to get into that though. Kind of mentioned this to a coworker of mine and it helped, and I know he might have mentioned it to one other coworker, cause later that day she randomly said she was sorry, kind of wish she was available. Anyways, this girl in the West, I dont think shes perfect or anything, but shes the only person who I can remember how we first met, and when I first looked into her eyes, I just knew something. I met her my junior year of HS, we had this one class together, fourth period, first lunch. One day, I ended up being early to class, which was unusually, I was either on time or late. Anyways, I ended up looking around the room and I saw her, and like I said, I just knew something but I didnt believe in that kind of stuff before hand, so I went to her table to check it out and she was drawing something related to my favorite childhood cartoon and it kind of confirmed it. Got to talk to her a bit before the bell rang and the teacher told me to go to my seat, so class could start. Found out later that year that she liked me but she had a bf and I never got a chance to date her. Didnt see her often, and the couple of times I had really good chances of talking to her, I would either get too itimadated or I would go to say something but someone else would get in the way. Thats all I want to say atm, I feel better though. Happy that I'm been feeling great lately, cause I keep seeing girls (customers) at work that interest me, I just have to actually have to make a move. It sucks that the one regular I like, is way to young based on what my coworkers have said. I need to learn how to deal with her, being an ******* like I was the last time I saw her probably isnt the way to go though.

Tweek516, Etherielin and Geressen like this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

well uh...

did that help?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Qucas likes this.
  3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

imagine one day a girl approached you and claimed that she had all the same feelings for you that you have expressed having for this other chick. but this new chick just simply didn't do it for you for one reason or another. its not your fault, its not her fault. its just how it is. anyway, instead of enshrining this girl, try putting yourself in her shoes. for example, imagine that you have a current gf but go around letting other girls know that your interested. starting to see what I mean?

now I know your first impulse will be to try to defend this girl from my ill informed attack. don't. she deserves it. and when you see that, you will be free.

iPox, Tweek516, Ohmin and 3 others like this.
  4. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Actually, that makes a lot of sense, Ragic.

Geressen likes this.
  5. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Thank you Ragic, kind of surprised me. That is good advice though.

Tweek516 and Geressen like this.
  6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

married twice. pain is a great teacher.

Tweek516, Ohmin and Geressen like this.
  7. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Oh, I didn't know. And it can be, not for some people though.

Geressen likes this.
  8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i didn't know that was le

oh you meant at different times

9. Qucas

Qucas Guest

o_O, I swear I edited this, not that I posted this and the one after.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I did the same thing as you. Saw someone in high school computer class and was like, omg she's so different and could think of nothing else. I chased her till she got rid of the other boiz and gave me a chance. We've been married almost 20 years. This is probably no help to you, but if I missed my wife someone earlier I sure hope I'd have the courage and means to go find her right now and try again. I would not want a life without her.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Yes qucas do what Baskit did and how the ancient humans hunted, stalk and chase her till she gives up.

Or the police gets involved.

12. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Man, Basy, I considered it for awhile.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I know bro. Huge risk. But the singular rejection might help you move on even though it's akin to putting your heart in a hydraulic vice if that was the case. And if you need to move on you need to move on because the next person to be able to ensnare you to that degree might walk by you a week from now but you won't even notice.

I know you have the courage to do this. If you do not want to, don't beat yourself up over it but know that a) you'll likely wonder "what if" at least until you find that level of attraction (think magnet more than infatuation) again and b)do your heart a favor and cut that string.

If you decide to approach, reach out softly first, ask to meet - don't stalker up to her in her morning coffee routine etc. If she doesn't agree to meet then your last play is to pounce. You won't have time to say a bunch so make your first 15 seconds count.

After you do this, you'll move forward one way or another, one path or the other, but both paths are forward. You'll also gain tons of confidence in yourself, and rightly so, because what you've done is no small thing.

Lastly, if you put this level of effort into trying to communicate to a woman, you'll do great with whatever woman you end up with. The man is the head of a relationship (although he's equal to his woman, not above) and is responsible for leading which includes making the first move and taking the first step into any new/difficult situation.

I try to put my wife before myself and make her a happy world to live in. Its what I like doing most. She reciprocates.

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

find someone you'll love to live every single day with. Every single day is a long time so make sure it's the right one.

stop banging all those tinder sluts trying to get your hard earned money

I really need to listen to my own advice

but for real, if you think she's pretty with makeup on it's a crush. If she's still beautiful without makeup it's a little bit of love there