To trade or not to trade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ragic, May 6, 2014.

?

Which system do you think would draw in more new players to the game?

1. Trading, prices, and shard exchange rates the way they are now.

27 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No more trading, but legendaries added to shard store, faster gold gain, and cheaper shard prices.

37 vote(s)
    57.8%
  1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Would you give up the ability to trade runes if it meant a much more new user friendly f2p system akin to what hearthstone is doing?

Woffleet likes this.
  2. only

only Active Member

you're very good at making polls.

Woffleet, RedScarlet, Dagda and 3 others like this.
  3. viktorino

viktorino Member

i voted ok for trading just even for decondor. he doesnt' deserve such a change!

4. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

No more trading in a heartbeat. Trading in this game is such a pain in the ass. Well, it's mostly due to the people I guess, but still.

5. Dantezz

Dantezz Member

Trying to stay positive, but you poll is comparing apples to Lich Kings. Too many variables in each choice and you change variables in each statement. How can someone reasonably make a choice?

6. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Trading stays.
    Prices go way down, owls need to continue to devalue runes.
    Legendary runes become craftable.
    Gold earn rates can stay the same.

Basically the Devs need to blow up the secondary market by making non LE runes worthless in terms of cash. Make all LE runes have a legendary version. If people want to play the money game and be uber collectors they can with LE but no longer at the expense of gameplay, so LEG has to be eradicated.

I think Gedden believes that making LEG less OP will be enough, but unfortunately the cancer of LEG rarity has spread too far. The entire concept of LEG releases was a horrible cash grab by SOE, and we are still paying the price.

Give new players the ability to cheaply "buy in" to having a starter collection (by faction, by set, whatever), and make these chase runes people are getting ripped off over worthless in terms of cash.

MageAstral, Kimiz and DarkJello like this.
  7. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Jesus Christ just quit for Hearthstone full time already.

Woffleet, Alfodur, RedScarlet and 3 others like this.
  8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Thats a horrible poll and I cannot vote on it ...

Alfodur likes this.
  9. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Poxnora is not hearthstone...nor should it attempt to be. Also, that game is buggy as hell and they have leg runes too...that are very very expensive to craft. Also, that game is way less complex/interesting than pox is. Like comparing checkers and chess.

What hearthstone does have is advertising, and a wide playerbase because millions of people played WoW and know bits and pieces of the lore. That will get people to try the game but it won't make them keep playing it.

10. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

Also realize that the reason hearthstone works is all its pieces are aligned. Getting runes from other factions is alright because the game motivates you to play many different factions. In addition, many of the runes are neutral, allowing you to use them in any deck. It also has a much smaller rune pool, so you'll be more likely to use random runes together.

There's definite benefits with not allowing trading, but they need to address the problems that such a system would present.

RedScarlet likes this.
  11. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

both options in poll are bad

12. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

making shards tradeable could be interesting

13. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Trading to stay, sharding legendaries should be available and shard values adjusted

14. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Try making a non biased poll. The one you mdae screams bias and makes any poll result skeewed.

15. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Removing trading would be absolutely terrible

Not being able to swap / lend cards between friends would be a huge loss

Faust likes this.
  16. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- The funny thing is... there are countless threads in Hearthstone asking for a trader system... maybe they need polls there Ragic? Bottom line is the grass is always greener...

17. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

The problem for ragic is that he wants a game that do not exist.

No matter what gaming forum he is on, he tries to get something from another game instated. usually no one agrees with him as well.
    So ragic has to design his own game or wait for someone to design the perfect game for him. I just hope it has a good solo player option for him to enjoy.

18. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

And, for once, SoE was right when they decide to disable polls, and lock any thread that would resemble one. This thread is exhibit C.

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well guys, we all know how controversial some of Ragics ideas are, but I think we are bashing on the guy too much rather than thinking about it with more depth.
    I mean, both "sides" have pros and cons, and I think it is time to really discuss the matter.
    I, for one, love the card aspect of Pox, and thus I agree trading is a big part of the game, since it allows you to lend and borrow cards, etc. However, one can not deny the fact that with trading also comes sharks, offsite stores and people getting scammed, and that´s where I think some of Pox major downfall comes from. The amount of people who have been scammed and left due to it is probably in the house of hundreds, and that´s a model that shouldnt be encouraged.
    I will give you guys an example: I have desperately been trying to make a UD FF bleed bg for a while now, but I simply can not find (OP) Bloodguard for trade, just can´t.
    And I would much rather buy one from DOG than buying it from an offsite store (I love PoxBox, but I just don´t like throwing cash around to people I don´t fully trust). Therefore, I´m stuck with a semi made bg I cant play with because it lacks a key rune.
    I do play Hearthstone and while I agree that it would be nice to trade with friends and what not, I can not deny that is makes a much safer environment for new players and encourages grinding a heck of a lot more.
    I´m on the opinion that everything should be craftable with shards, and shards should be acquired by disenchanting runes or coming with Boxes/Packs.
    Sure, we would loose a great aspect of the game, because trading is cool indeed. However, we would be doing that for the greater good of the community.
    Just my 2 cents.

Woffleet and Rockhopper like this.
  20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

No, actually not. You can make bad polls, you don't have to. SoE's **** approach was as unwarranted as enervating.