Tokens

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kharon, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

I don't know if this has been discussed on if Desert Owl has planned on changing it but the current cost of tokens for gold are priced extremely high. 4000 gold for 10 tokens? I mean for me, that's a lot of gold for only 10 tokens. Old gold value priced plat tokens at 200 gold per and that was fine. I don't know if I'm the only one but leveling runes is a thing of the past. . . With leveling tokens the playing fields have changed dramatically.

I honestly believe newer players will have harder time winning games if all of their champions are level one compared to their opponents level 3 champions (if he/she has any)

Please consider changing something for the future. Maybe make 10 token packs, 1000 gold and 30 token packs, 3000? I would be fine with that.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Yeah removing single tokens from the gold store is an iffy decision at best.

The leveling mechanic is rather outdated (and judging by some other threads, rather unpopular) and spending a minimum amount of gold to get it to lvl 3 was easy to tolerate.

3. spe720

spe720 The King of Potatoes

I ran the numbers using the 45 gold per silver token price from SoE and it turns out the 4000 gold pack has about 500 gold worth of old price system tokens and the 30-pack has around ~1000 gold value by the old system.

I'd like to get these prices adjusted downward quite a bit. As of right now you have to win 10 ranked games to afford the tokens to level 3 whole champs.

4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Remove leveling system.

5. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I swear on the SOE forums they said they were going to remove CP

The dream...

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

ya i miss 200 gold for a platinum token vs 4,000 for some bronzes

7. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

On the old SOE boards, they were considering removing the CP system.

Correct me if I am wrong, but all of the public decks are level 3, though the upgrades being the first two automatically chosen may not be the best.

They may go in that direction, which my be the final nail in the coffin of customizing runes, perhaps a necessary step, but if that day comes, I will be sad.