TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION - Thematic Arena (new legendary runes Prize-newplayer friendly)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaruXV, Aug 24, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

from my experience with this two tournaments, its hard to keep a league up, people subscribe then disappear. even a subscriction fee wouldn't change much. i think at the moment only way to get a tournament done with a 90% of subscribing people play is a direct match tournament. so you play 1 match, if you win you go on etc...like playoffs. or final stage of soccer worldcup

2. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

You could do weekly tournaments this way with a best of 1 setup. The problem I see in this, we would need a good map pool in random map, that doesn't have strange maps in its pool. Like forsaken waste 0 font map. The entry fee part could encourage participation, if you schedule it to 1 week. People who pay up tend to be on that week, if not they loose their fee. You can start with 1 exo as payment, for starts. I would participate.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

You could do it like this:

Round 1: fifty players, each can play each other once, and play as many games as they want/can arrange. 1 point for a loss, 3 points for a win.

Top 8 pointed players go through to the knockout stage.

This means only active players go through to the knockout stage, and so it should be easier to arrange games.

MaruXV and xaznsoulx like this.
  4. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

@xzansoulx Let me know what day/time you can be on, so we play our games

5. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

on right now?

6. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

yes

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, I was thinking something like this could work, though I was also kind of hoping we could do something that was more of a weekly ladder kind of thing.

xaznsoulx and Gnomes like this.
  8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i like very much the badgerale idea, and also it could be applied to another idea i have: the faction's league. It would be a tournament were players register for a faction and for all tournament can play only that faction. First they will be put in a league with all other players of the same faction, so we get the King of UD, king of KF etc... then the 2 top players of each faction partecipate in a 16players tournament, one side protectorate other side wrath. so we get king of wrath and king of protectorate in the final, where we get the King of Pox title. what do you think? the first group stage could be managed by badgerale idea, so you can play max twice each player, win 3 pts lost 1pt, not played 0pt. 1 month for all the matches. @badgerale

9. badgerale

Sounds fun. I like the opportunity to meta game in tournaments so you can make an anti-UD or anti-KF deck depending on who your opponent is.

Only problem is that it is a lot of mirror matches, which some people don't like.

Another idea is a faction vs faction tourney where you fight against the traditional enemies, like IS vs SL. So first round 10 players from each faction, those ten players fight the enemy faction players with the top two from each faction going through.

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

I liked more the idea of the King of the Faction inside the faction itself. But probably you could get it only taking results of the and seeing of each faction who did better. In that case I would make a big league with all the players so everybody always has chance to get some matches when is online. top 16 players go to final stage.
    I liked the divided league also because it grants that in the final stage there are 2 players of each faction. In a bigger league some players would play not what they like but what they think its meta, so some factions would be surely less represented.
    If we keep stuff divided i was thinking about putting out also a Split bgs league...so only a couple of them get into final stage;)

nepyonisdead likes this.
  11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

12. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

id love a tourney where you can establish who is the best in a certain faction and also it should limit people to 1 faction so that try hards dont sweep all 8 factions and make it super boring :p

13. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

14. badgerale

Ah i think i misunderstood you. You mean like x people per faction, an open everyone plays everyone first round, but then you filter by faction in the second round, top two of each faction go to the knockouts.

15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

no no you understood correctly it was closed groups for each faction.

16. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

you never showed up and said you were selling runes, i thought you weren't going to play...

18. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Gnomes and Axeraiser like this.
  19. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

never said i wasnt playing tournament but ok

20. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

go accept my token offers;)