Trader Idea?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMAGIRL, Feb 14, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

So I got to thinking about the old days where we had a literal shoebox for our unwanted runes. What if we had a trade system set up in a similar way? The runes we want to put up for trade are thrown into this box, and when player search for specific runes they want; they will instead find our collection of tradables. When they make a bid they can click check-boxes next to each rune, and made a bid that way. Bids done this way are considered offers. They can be increased, decreased, and canceled at anytime. When the seller accepts the offer, a trade can be made from the offer, with an the option of "Bid the select runes from my account." for the buyer. This would prevent your runes from getting locked.

I plan to make this more clear later, but what do you guys think about the general idea of it? @Nea @Moles @Wraith How hard would this be to add, or make?

Going to sleep. Bye!

2. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

My latest idea was that if someone deposits something as shard fodder on PoxBase, then anyone can pick that from the bank by providing shard fodder of equal value - basically the prinicple of "one man's trash is another man's treasure". Certain low demand high supply runes you could thus auto-trade, essentially, 1:1. That does hinge on the full featured trader of mine being implemented first.

3. PiPPoInZ9

PiPPoInZ9 The King of Potatoes

The game`s entire business model depends on people getting runes and not using them. You can have 1000 runes, but you still use 30 per game. If you switch decks between games you use a maximum of ... say 200 runes per day (that is an overestimate, maybe more like 80-100). This is based on the capitalistic concept of "ownership". It drives today`s economy, while communism obviously failed (that was do to its implementation and not Marx`s theory, but that is another topic).

Many people don`t like this model, but IMO it is better than a subscription. That way you will lose a ton of players (including me).

What I think Pox should add is a single rune store, with reasonable prices - 7-8$ for the top legendaries (excluding LE of course). The trading system also feels outdated. Maybe adding new theme decks (with runes available for trading and use in other decks) will be nice. The idea is that the money should to DOG, and not third party "retailers".

4. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

And since Marx never actually described how communism should or would work, you can sweep all attempts at it with that sentiment ;).

JellyBerry and PiPPoInZ9 like this.