Trading Guide Anyone?

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Eonix, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Eonix

Eonix New Member

Hello.

Could a kind soul make a guide to Pox Nora rune trading? Or at least post a link to one, if a good one already exists? I know there were posts like that on the old forums some time ago, but those forums are gone.

What should the guide contain? Well, hopefully rules that a player who is new to trading - like me - would need to know. For instance, I know that not all runes are worth the same, even if they are the same rarity, but I don't know how to tell their value. I know that the Pox Nora website provides a trading tool to all players which is full of great trades, but I don't know how much I should offer in return and which of my offers will be seen as silly. I would also like to know the unwritten rules and social conventions, when it comes to trading (like sweets and other customs).

If someone could provide such a guide to us newer players, I am sure many of us would jump into the exciting world of trading without any fear.

Many thanks.

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

PvP trading of Commons, Uncommons Rares and Exos is dead or killed by sharks. Most of this rarity runes are EASILY obtainable via POXBOX (3ยบ party trading site that uses official trades and a BOT to fill them).

Although, if you want Legendaries or Limited runes you need to start trading with people. Some will give you 50% more for the rune they want, and some will ask 200% or 300% of what they give (or even worst). This happens with lesser value runes, but it's useless since Poxbox has updated values for all of them, trusthworthy values or at least, "I know if you want to screw me up" values.

So, don't trade with people until you are filled with most lesser value runes. Use poxbox for now :) (notice that if you get lucky and earn a Legendarie, poxbox value might not be as occurate and you would want to search for some offers before trading it into).

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

4. Eonix

Eonix New Member

Thank you both for your reply. And yes, I have seen that post, Gabriel. A very good post. Lots of useful tips.

I have a few followup questions, though.

1. Goyo mentioned to use PoxBox to get a value of the card, before trading it. That site, however, lists a different value for an outgoing rune and an incoming one. Makes sense. Which one, however, is used to assess the value of a rune? Is the IN price the value of a rune or the OUT one?

2. How do sweets work. I know that players include those. First of all, what are they? Are they low value runes thrown in as a good gesture? Are they high value runes? And finally, when and how do you use them? Are they expected by all traders, or are they just a nice gesture made by one party? It may seem like a lot of questions, but this is one trading convention that does't seem to be explained anywhere :)

3. Some players put up runes for trade and do not include anything in the description. Does that mean that they are open to ANY offer? Or only offers of the same or higher value?

Thanks for your time.

5. GabrielQ

q)Which value should I use when looking at the price in a store?
    a) it's not important wich one do you use as longs as is the same for the runes you are comparing, ussually the IN values is used because runes that are out of stock are also defined this way. Also, when someone says "I want x amount of PB points" you have to provide that in IN values. Note that runes that are ussually out of stock have a higher value than the one noted in poxbox, because they are popular or some other reasons.
    q) What are "sweets"?
    a) Sweets is a term for additonals for a fair trade, let's put it this way, I have X exo that you want, and you Y exo with the same value, but I'm not interested in Y more than I'm interested in X, so you throw a couple rares to convince me of trading with you, so you get yhe rune you wanted and I get a rune with the same value and a couple rares. This can be also replaced with messages like "lf for 20% profit" that are more specifical but share the same purpose.
    q) What do trades without description mean?
    a) Ussually those trades are set up with a post in the forums or they are made by a player that is just making public he has that rune. It's a common practice of trade sharks also, try not to boter bidding on that kind of trades, neither in those that are a lot of trades by the same person of different runes with the same wish list. It's better to ask in the client or post in the forums to get a quicker and fairer trade.

P.S: formatted like that to add to caveat emptor

Goyo likes this.
  6. Eonix

Eonix New Member

Great answers. Good education. Thank you.

That leaves me one question, at least for now :) You mention that sweets are often rares. Are commons and uncommons used at sweets too, at times? Or are they simply too low of a value to bother?

7. GabrielQ

There used to be some commons and uncommons of great value, but now, with the new system, only a OP c/uc from last expansion would hold some value, like mengclan lord for example, but their price is low.

8. Eonix

Eonix New Member

Thanks for all the answers.