Transgender bathrooms

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

what if we summon him

@super71 get back in here , I summon you!

2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

That just means he lost the debate. Score one for team logic.

Geressen likes this.
  3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

what good does winning do if nothing changes, mate

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

There is no winning

the far right in America mostly consists of people with absolutely disgusting views on the world, let alone social issues

Super can repeat that he's a moderate as much as he wants, regurgitating Fox News and Breitbart doesn't make me believe you.

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

You're assuming nothing changes, which isn't a safe assumption. Even if nothing changes for the people that participated in the discussion, that doesn't mean it can't someday affect someone (or something... go go AI!) that reads it and didn't participate.

darklord48 likes this.
  6. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

This is a good part of why I take the time to make these long posts. In all honesty, I'm not expecting to sway super/profhulk/saandro. I take the time to do this because it's worth being the supportive voice for those that aren't talking, and it's worth making the arguments for those who are less entrenched or want to see what the data says.

Gnomes, Etherielin, Ohmin and 3 others like this.
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

My spirit animal is a Risso's Dolphin who'se spirit animal is Comissar.

[​IMG]

8. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

So how many ****s does Super see every time he goes into a public washroom?

BurnPyro likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Depends on how many male family members of his family join him

Etherielin, davre and Tweek516 like this.
  10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

9/10.

Geressen likes this.
  11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

America is weird, i do not understand who the f*** people think they are to try to force business to meet their special needs.
    If you are a Dolphin-man and need a 3000galoon pool so you can pee you can't force me to build one, go somewhere else if you dont like my company's rules/services.

[​IMG]

I dont understand why this is even worth discussing

12. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

I'm not entirely sure what kind of point you're trying to make here. Are you saying it's absurd to demand new bathrooms so that Trans people are not put in the same bathrooms as non-Trans, or are you trying to say that it's foolish for Trans people to want to use the bathroom that matches their gender?

BurnPyro likes this.
  13. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Making reference to that SouthPark episode.. its absurd to demand new bathrooms, if the owner of the building/business's rules doesnt allow for men in the girls bathroom then you cant complain and ask the goverment to force them build a third bathroom for your special case.
    By entering a coffeeshop/company/whatever you are agreeing to that place's rules and terms

14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i don't think most people are demanding tertiary bathrooms, but i can't say that this is an issue i follow much

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

nobody is saying there need to be new bathrooms, people are saying that a person who was born a man or woman but is transexual should be allowed to use the bathroom of the gender they identify as.

for instance a friend of mine from England who was designated female at birth but has like X/broken X and who is transitioning to male and looks like a guy should be allowed to use the mens room.

similarly a person born as a man who is transitioning to woman and looks like a woman should be allowed to use the womens restroom.

daily show has a bit on it a while ago

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

when you could have done a way better job making a joke quoting me...
    for shame kampel, for shame

Kampel likes this.
  17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Also, if one is really concerned about pedos in public bathrooms, why not suggest they can't use public bathrooms? What do trans people have to do with this?

As is often the case, the right pretends to be caring about people when in reality they just want to enforce their morality on everyone else.

19. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

To me this article falls into the same category as those people who want a hermaphrodite to decide which sex they want to be. You are a great researcher and I will continue to read further into this. One of the questions that came to me as I was reading was " what if these kids were born in USA and some weirdo encouraged them to hack off their genitals as an adult, because they were exposed to all this transgender crap but after the operation they discovered they were still male and unable to function as a female(no birth parts/need hormones to keep from turning back into a dude)?" At least in Dominican republic these people don't have a bunch of social justice weirdos using them as pawns to virtue signal. At least I think that is the case....

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

but nobody is encouraging anyone to hack of anything, it is simply an option that is kept open because it is the most effective treatment for people who are actually transgender.

that also means we should not then forbid those that underwent gender surgery to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with.

Bane Shift like you are saying is exactly why Russia passed a law banning "Gay propaganda" nobody is turning people gay! gay people just want equal rights. lets stop driving people to suicide just because we don't understand their sexuality or gender identity ok?