Tree of growth

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Elves Rule, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Tree of growth (needs renaming, but I cant think of anything)
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    race: plant, treefolk, class: none, size: large, rarity: rare
    Flavor text: Wait.... the scouting report said there was only a sapling here a week ago! This tree is giant!
    Picture: Some sort of way of showing a tree growing rapidly? I'm not too sure.
    Nora cost: not sure
    Rarity: Exo

Stats: attack: 8 speed: 5 range: 1-2 defense: 1 HP: 50

Abilities

Attack: physical = This unit makes a Physical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.

Take Root = This champion loses Take Root and gains Uproot, Skirmisher, Immobile, Camouflage, and Multiattack 1. It also gains +4 DMG, +2 DEF, +10 HP, and +1 RNG.

Vulnerability: Fire = When this unit takes Fire damage, that damage is increased by 40% (after DEF).

Plant Regeneration 3 = While occupying Grass, Vegetation, Dirt, or Water, this champion has Regeneration 3.

Planar Bound = This unit is immune to relocate and remove from play effects.

Plant fertiliser (could be renamed) = When this unit has taken root, it get's bonuses to it's stats every turn. Every 1 turn it gains +2 max HP, every 2 turns it gains +1 damage, every 3 turns it gains +1 max range, every 4 turns it gains +1 armour, every 5 turns it gains +1 speed. When this unit uses Uproot these buffs go away and this unit regains Take Root.*

Upgraded abilities

Shroud = Other friendly champions within 3 spaces gain Evasive 2 (This unit takes 35% less damage (after DEF) from ranged attacks). This does not stack

Preparation = At the end of each of its turns, if this unit did not attack, it has +1 DMG and +1 MAX RNG. This effect stacks up to 4 times and is reset at the end of turn when this unit makes an attack.

Forest Walker = At the end of each turn, spaces within 4 of this champion become Vegetation for 3 turns.

Resistance: Physical 2 = When this unit takes Physical damage, that damage is reduced by 35% (after DEF, rounded up).

* This could be changed depending on how OP you think it is. I was also considering milestones, as in 10 turn of take root gives in Tough, 15 turns gives it Shrine Defender, that sort of thing.

The idea behind this champ is that trees grow. And so, I figured, why is there no tree champ that slowly grows in power. I was considering suggesting that all treefolk have this, but that might be unbalanced so I decided to put it on 1 specific hero. The way you use it is you take root with it somewhere in a well defended position, and wait for it to grow strong enough to murder the whole enemy team from a long distance (because of course it's range will grow). This makes it easier to break an enemies defense, and you can also use this champ to forse the enemy to come into range of any other rooted trees you have. This champion's role is not currently in use, because K'thir has no unit that slowly grows in power I know of. The upgraded abilities tie in because resistance: physical will hopefully allow the tree to grow stronger and not die, Forest Walker can be used to trigger Plant Regeneration if you have no other way, Shroud could hopefully give the champ at least some use early game, and Preparation just seems to tie in with the "laying in wait" theme.

OPTION B

Ok. I like the idea of mutation, because it's a good alternative and as I've said I don't think that KF has enough charge champions. Here's a version 2 (just of abilities. I think that stats are good, and race, flavor text etc. will be the same).

Attack: physical = This unit makes a Physical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.

Take Root = This champion loses Take Root and gains Uproot, Skirmisher, Immobile, Camouflage, and Multiattack 1. It also gains +4 DMG, +2 DEF, +10 HP, and +1 RNG.

Vulnerability: Fire = When this unit takes Fire damage, that damage is increased by 40% (after DEF).

Plant Regeneration 3 = While occupying Grass, Vegetation, Dirt, or Water, this champion has Regeneration 3.

Planar Bound = This unit is immune to relocate and remove from play effects.

Plant fertiliser = When this unit has taken root, this unit gains mutation: damage, mutation: defence, mutation: Speed, mutation: Range and Grow. When this unit uses Uproot these abilities go away, this unit looses any mutations, and this unit regains Take Root.

Preparation = At the end of each of its turns, if this unit did not attack, it has +1 DMG and +1 MAX RNG. This effect stacks up to 4 times and is reset at the end of turn when this unit makes an attack.

Supercharged (rank 3) = This unit gains 3 charges at the start of its turn.

Upgrades
    old (or current because I don't think update has come out yet) way:

Race charged = At the beginning of its turn, this unit gains 1 charge for every two friendly champion within 6 spaces that shares a race with it, to a maximum of 3 charges.

Heal charged (rank 2) = When any unit is healed, this unit gains 2 charges.

Add charge = Target unit within 7 spaces gains a charge and this unit loses a charge. A unit may only gain charges from Add Charge or Remove Charge once per round.

Recharge = Spend 2 Charges. The current cooldowns of this champion's abilities are reduced by 1.

Future (new update thingy, it may not be future when you read this) way:

I'm not even gunna try, I still don't really understand the format of it XD

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    Woffleet and Kormack like this.
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Nice idea. Do the stats stack independent of one another? For example, on the sixth turn, does that champ gain +1 HP, + 1 DMG, and + 1 RNG? Also, are the stats gained on each turn or each round? He should probably have Planar Bound so that he isn't just the subject of Blink or VP. Lastly, maybe he should be able to regain Take Root when Uproot is used ( currently, you lose Take Root permanently when Uproot is used).

3. Elves Rule

Yeh, I was intending for them to be independent. Ie. On the first round he would get +1 HP, next he would get +1 HP and +1 damage, third he would get +1 HP, +1 range, 4th is +1 HP, +1 damage, +1 armour etc. All stacking, of course. And yeh, I think rounds would be better (although escalation is +1 damage every round....). Planar bound is definitely a good idea, will add it in. Also, I had never realised you can't re take route. The amount of times you take route, wait 10 turns, uproute then need to take route again is 0 for me right now. So yeah, if they don't let every tree re take root this one should be able to. I also thought about giving it some other activateable abilities, like maybe a sustain: Plant Fertiliser to let a better placed tree have the ability.

On a side note, could this get linked to your large compilation of K'thir Forest ideas? That's sort of a reference point

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I like your idea so yeah, feel free to post it!

5. Kormack

Kormack Member

I really like your idea as a ktrir treefolk player I can suggest adding lumbering or letargic to this tree (it will be fluffy) and boost its base stats or lower the cost, on the other hand fond defender or defender will be nice additional ability's if this tree goes to exo or legendary . I really hope someday to see legendary ktir treefolk :)

Your idea is super and I hope to see this big fellow someday :)

6. Alfodur

Alfodur The King of Potatoes

Nice idea! I like it.

7. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

couldn't you just add grow? to a sapling

8. Kormack

Kormack Member

Yeah sustain plant fertilizer will be broken on some of the trees, maybe some more support abilities (enduring aura will be nice and teemed for him as a fond defender or zooning champ) and I really like the idea of a growing tree it fits perfectly the trees fluf and gameplay.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  9. Elves Rule

Why? Grow is specific to the aspect of growth, and it just makes it super tanky. What I'm saying we should have if something that starts weak, but then gets to be really powerful the longer the game goes. Not only does it fit great with the theme of trees, it also fits the play-style: root this in a semi-important, semi-protected place, and then just surround it with other rooted trees for protection.

10. Elves Rule

I would sorta prefer this champ to not have too many other uses. Though to be honest, that's only because I can only afford rares at this point in time (no point creating a champ i can't use) XD

11. Elves Rule

Yeh you lot are right, sustain: plant fertiliser won't work. I just wanted it to have something to do early on XD. Also, could anyone help me rename it? Xirone pointed out that it should probably called something to do with gnarlwood, which I agree with, but I'm not very inventive.

12. Woffleet

grow starts weak then gets stronger. Grow should be changed to current hp doubles.

13. Kormack

Kormack Member

When I compare this champ to other "growing champs" like aspect, kento, and every champs whit intensify or escalation the fertalized looks very week on one hand it has the negative effect - immobile and on the other hand the buff increases very slow over time. The milestones are a good idea, and maybe you must make it atleast +2hp per turn. You must compare him vs launcher and such treefolks for example when rooted this fellow must w8 like 4 turns to be launcher for one turn then he eventually will become stronger. Again your idea looks really nice and I'am eager to help whit everything I can, not i am very experienced player but i have atleast 500 games whit treefolks and can help you compare him to the old trees and make him useful for the theme.

I myself trying to make one treefolk by my self and will be realy gratefull if you help me.

I'am bad whit the names but you can use something from here http://www.fast-growing-trees.com/FastestTrees.htm

14. Elves Rule

I might increase hp per round to 4 (so 2 per turn) and then give it more hp/defense/max range early on to get it to survive/reach people easier. Do you think that would work?

15. Elves Rule

Also, just thought of something similar to what Woffleet said;

Patience of the gnarlwood

Give target sapling;

Plant fertiliser = (When this unit has taken root, it get's bonuses to it's stats every turn. Every 1 turn it gains +2 max HP, every 2 turns it gains +1 damage, every 3 turns it gains +1 max range, every 4 turns it gains +1 armour, every 5 turns it gains +1
    speed. When this unit uses Uproot these buffs go away and this unit regains Take Root.)

--- Or version B if it gets chosen over original ---

Planar bound = (This unit is immune to relocate and remove from play effects.)

Preparation = (At the end of each of its turns, if this unit did not attack, it has +1 DMG and +1 MAX RNG. This effect stacks up to 4 times and is reset at the end of turn when this unit makes an attack.)

Supercharged (rank 3) = This unit gains 3 charges at the start of its turn.

nora cost: 50

Flavor text; gnarlwood have lasted an eternity, and with great life length comes great patience.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  16. Kormack

Kormack Member

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  17. Elves Rule

Hidden vegetation? Why? The enemy will see when you root in, so they will know where you have rooted in, and because you then cant move it they will be able to find it again easily.

18. Woffleet

I like the flavor behind Plant fertilizer but I feel like its and example of a SOE kitchen sink ability.

Take root: this champion gains Uproot, Immobile, super charged rank 3, mutation dmg, mutation defense, mutation rng, and grow

Mutation dmg: this champion gains 2 dmg
    Mutation defense: this champion gains 2 def
    Mutation rng: this champion gains 1 range
    Grow: this champions current hp is doubled

Not sure on the cooldowns or ap cost of the abilities. Thoughts?

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  19. Elves Rule

It is a very interesting alternative. What do you mean by "kitchen sink"?

20. Woffleet

Plant fertilizer is a super long and descriptive ability.