Tree of growth

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Elves Rule, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Aaaah. Yeh I guess your right... The mutate idea seems good. Maybe have add charge as well for when you really just hate cooldowns, or desperately need a charged heal on someone else. I may design an alternative using this mutation idea...

Edit: I actually do rather like this idea now i think about it more, because I really like the idea of charges but I swear that KF has no good charge users (there are 2 healers that I have found for them that have charges)

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  2. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

cool!

3. Elves Rule

Ok. I've made a new version. I edited it under the old one. Tell me what you think, if you noticed that I missed anything crucial, please say, and if you think that anything is too much, please say. Also, we can now officially give it a themed name: Gnarlwood mutator! (or something similar)

The reason that I still put all the mutations under plant fertiliser is so that patience of the gnarlwood still works.

Don't forget everything on the mutations like cooldown, AP cost, amount increased, charges used etc. can be decided later to make it balanced also things like heal charged and supercharged could be lower ranks.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
    Woffleet likes this.
  4. Woffleet

You know I've been thinking. Not every tree grows huge with hard bark, long branches and sharp thorns. Some have thorns others grow big and some have long branches. Instead of putting all those mutations in one ability spread them throughout tree folk. Taking root should just increase the rate at which they mutate.

Take root: immobile, supercharged rank 3, recharge, uproot

Sapling:
    Nora: 40
    HP: 20
    ATK: 5
    SPD: 4
    RNG: 1
    DEF: 0
    Grow
    Take root
    Attack Physical

5. Kormack

Kormack Member

Hidden vegetation will help you even when you use take root because they will need to send champ into it or spend nora to reveal it and whit this ability it will have second role as an invisible font hunter on some of the maps.

6. Elves Rule

That does make sense. Problem is, that's a lot of changes, a lot of work, and a hell lot of a buff to treefolk. I think that just 1 treefolk champion with a way of growing (either my original way of mutation way) will have a much higher chance to be put in.

Onto the subject of the details of the mutation, I'm thinking each mutation costs 3 charges, gives 2 of it's stat, and has a CD of 4 (except speed and range which should give 1 and have a CD of 5), and grow should be the same as them but increases MAX HP and current HP by 50% of current MAX HP instead of up by 2. An alternative is to have something like mutate: HP that costs 1 charge, has no CD, and gives 2 MAX HP. This means if the tree is in danger you can forsake the growth of it and just up the HP more.

7. Woffleet

Tainted Vinefolk already has the proposed changes. Gedden says it takes him 10 mins to change things internally. If we push for this it just might happen!

8. Elves Rule

=D

Woffleet likes this.
  9. Kormack

Kormack Member

2 deff is way more important than 2 dmg and doble hp smells like legendary for now only one champ has it and this cham has 21max hp 5spd and range of 1. I think the original idea is better whit some modifications.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  10. Elves Rule

I've said, all of these numbers and details can be adjusted so it's balanced. I am merely proposing the idea of a tree that literally grows, and then Woffleet helped me design an alternative version of it using mutations and charges. What sort of stats do you think should be on it?

Also, as I said, instead of having grow we could just have a sort of mutate: HP. Or even leech vitality, there are quite a few other champs with damage gaining abilities and leech vitality.

11. Woffleet

wouldn't having heal self do the same thing?

12. Elves Rule

Leech vitality increases MAX HP. Mutate: HP increases MAX HP by X amount.

13. Elves Rule

do any ideas from the suggestions thread actually get put into the game?

14. Elves Rule

Over half a year bump.

15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

absolutely no way this will ever be a rune.

16. Elves Rule

17. Elves Rule

To be fair the time I originally made it was before revamp.