Troll (Gritmaw) BG Help

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Gnomes, May 30, 2015.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

https://poxbase.com/deck/CdtCl5Cl4Cd_CdwCd9CdqCggsuS74s4Gs7Hs6MriR2@rYE3hE1A

thats my BG

It has a bit of a rock thing going with it because it seems to fit the theme and stonearm sash kinda makes me feel like they should go together.

Pros:

gritmaw hymn is really good

so is mark of redemption + stonearms shash on bouncer, giving him both calcify and scale armour + the extra damage.

i only have guard tower for detect because stone barrage is a big AOE so im hoping that will due, but i have not played it very much vs stealth.

desperate heal is to go with impassioned from gravitone + a form of heal

gritmaw singer + hearthstone is nice

Cons:

All of the champs are really expensive and have very low starting damage because they get some damage from passive.

Magnificint seems really crappy, and in play he has been, but that might just be me.

my only healers are 85 nora - im trying to play gritmaw so they get hit a few times but get very little damage done to them, and then just have many ways to heal them up/give them more def, but im not sure if this is the right direction any help there?

flamehurlers are 63 ap which is nice....but they give 2 nora every time they attack the enemy. also they have channle damage which is useless.

So Please critique and tell me how to improve it, im 2 and 8 atm i think :/

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  2. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

U have all the good grintmaw champs in

3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

what are the metta spells/Relics/equips for IS atm, maybe adding those will help the bg

4. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Magnificent had his nuts chopped...

Spay them Trolls they said.

So they did

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I haven't seen Rock Collection in action, so no idea if it's good.

I would suggest adding a Hammer Strike and Tales of Valor. Personally, I never make a IS BG without those two.

TheBulwark likes this.
  6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

"Flamehurlers power their attacks through by channeling nora into fire. Their particular process makes the attacks especially potent against those carrying equipment."

Can we get a form of surge equipes on flamehurlors or swordbreaker or shatter. It would go with the flavour text and would allow a form of shatter in the theme. @Sokolov @kalasle

7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

I would love to have absorb off of grintmaw hurler its 8 Nora and makes too expensive. He has very little use of it and makes him undesirable to use IMO.

Grintmaw magnificent is too squshy I suggest calcify at base for no cost change. Or guard grintmaw so grintmaw adjacent can't be hit by range . it kinda seems arrows are bouncing off him. So deflect? Either way a tiny bit of love would be nice as he is a legendary

8. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

The rock collection equip is a sleeper rune in IS IMO. It gives a ton of options for 30 nora.

It can give a support 20 spot damage for example. It stacks with strip armor for 30 damage. It detects. It adds quite a bit of damage to champs on certain maps.

It is a really really good equip. I'm waiting for someone good to start using if so I can read the nerf threads about it.

The tears a from those that lose to IS are the sweetest.

Gnomes likes this.
  9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

28 w/ Strip

10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I threw it in my grintmaw bg along with rock generator i equipped it on euan my god were the results for my opponent catastrophic. Needless to say a 28 damage euan running around is scary not to mention a talgar hammer throwing for 25 damage.

11. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Im gunna go ahead and bump this seeing as its relivent to whats beeing said in general chat and to help the other guy asking

12. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

13. Nechro

Nechro Member

ty gnomes

14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

So ive been watching fivestar play grintmaw and he has been doing well. What do you guys thing of them? Personaly i think they are perfect apart from grintmahurler. very good balancing @Sokolov. mirrored made the leg worth running exspecially with stone barrage and the healers are imo at a perfect nora cost too! Well done!

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

They're good, the only problem is if you know how to counter they're easy to beat. They small champ pool makes them predictable.

But all in all, they're good.

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I beat trolls for the first time today.

17. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Cool story bro.

18. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Go Rockforger!

19. Griselbrand

Griselbrand The King of Potatoes

20. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

not bad, looks solid, i personally dont like rockslinger he is 2-4 range and costs too much. ide add rock forger, he is a stalling beast.