Trolls

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by aseryen, Dec 30, 2016.

1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I'm still going to be working on the Gargoyle's however those I want a new ability made for and so that will take a lot longer to try and dial in.

Here I have some ideas of Trolls that I think would be cool. I've decided to make them Split so that they can get some abilities I think Trolls would be great having. I hope that Trolls can become a theme with a few split runes in each faction so that eventually SL/ST Trolls may exist. At the very least IS/X or FS/X Troll split runes would really be great.

Drunkard Trolls - any feedback on these Trolls would be great, I try to keep it to 4base abilities, I'm working on reducing it to 3.

I don't want Grintmaw Hymn to be a sandbag for the theme and so if Trolls are prohibited by that spell it can get reduced somehow. Or increase it's effect and add a nora refund, since it will already be run in a Troll bg it could easily be 40-45 Nora with a max 15 nora refund.

Troll lore can be set alongside a number of different races and I'd rather see Trolls made to enable one or two other themes than pump out more Grintmaw. A Grint or two is ok but I think they can use a lot of different abilities at the cost of their chunky Stats.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I want to get Dampen back and I've thought of this so far

Dampening (The closest friendly Relic within 2 spaces has Dampen) The duration of this ability is reduced by 1 whenever the Dampened unit spends AP.​

This would be kind of like a play on Inexperienced and that Dampen is kind of an impeding force that has to be pushed through. I think it could work if put on a Troll that relied heavily on destroying relics, so there aren't 5+ relics with Dampen on them. Spending AP would also be a new way to remove Dampen, at least for that turn.

I would still suggest a change to Dampen so that it can be more wide spread. Of course if Trolls were given another Source of Majestic or Awestruck I don't see much of a reason to force Dampen, it just so happens to be a great ability that can see use in other themes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Kampel likes this.
  2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

There's over 10 runes in the Troll pdf file I have attached, I still need to find a way to limit abilities on base. The first three is the same rune but set in different factions, I'm not sure if it helped more or less to make runes but if you were to look at the first 3 designs and then perhaps the 8th, 9th and 10th design, there may be less cohesion between kits.

I guess some Trolls can have Amphibious over Rock Defiance to show how taken to the Swamps they are. That would certainly help with reducing abilities, I want to steer clear of Adept Arcanist although it really does fit well with a Marsh Trolls kit and how many abilities they have.

I haven't thought of a kit for Marsh Troll yet. I'm not a fan of runes with all three ranks of an ability, 2 is fine, I'm a fan of Dragonbark Protectors U2. It would help with some feedback on the Trolls I have thought of before I suggest anything new to a rune that's already designed.