Truck Attack: German Xmas Market

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Dec 20, 2016.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Questions over how police missed Berlin attack suspect's ID in truck for 24 hours

Italian authorities say the Tunisian fugitive in the Berlin Christmas market truck attack was a problem inmate when he was in Italy. Prison records say he bullied inmates and tried to spark insurrections. In all, Amri was held in six different prisons on Sicily, where he served three years for setting a fire at a refugee center and making threats, among other charges.

He had been arrested three times this year and his asylum application was rejected, but deportation papers were never served and he disappeared. The Tunisian radical was known to be a supporter of Islamic State and to have received weapons training. He also tried to recruit an accomplice for a terror plot – which the authorities knew about – but still remained at large. He was under investigation for planning a 'serious act of violence against the state' and counter-terrorism officials had exchanged information about him last month. German police have been accused of a series of blunders in the investigation. They wasted valuable time having arrested the wrong man before realising the wallet of their chief suspect was in the truck.

Berlin's state government has said 12 people are still being treated for severe injuries after Monday night's truck attack on a Christmas market, and that an unspecified number of them are still in critical condition. Another 14 people with less serious injuries were also still hospitalized, while 30 others have been discharged. Twelve people were killed in the attack.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-attacker-Tunisian-Muslim-hours-atrocity.html

Lot of conspiracy theory action in that article, so I pruned the title down to the key new detail being reported. (Suspect's ID in footwell of truck).

Apparently the Daily Mail is supposed to be a poor source of news, but I like the plethora of quotes and pics. Be well my gaming compatriots.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I also like shiny things.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

There are some rather convenient explanations for the ID.
    It seems like the terrorists bring their ID on purpose -- the terrorists in Nizza and Paris also had their ID on them.
    The rationale seems to be that they expect to die in the assault, and they want the world to know who they are (were).

DarkJello, Geressen and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think I know how to explain the Daily mail: it is a fearmongering american-esque paper with loads of shiny stuff.

SHINY!

Also the guy was shot and killed last night near Milan in Italy after he pulled a gun and started shooting after he was asked for his papers/identification by police who stopped him for behaving suspicious.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  5. DarkJello

Well, at least that one islamic terrorist cannot directly slaughter innocents again. Also, as families bury their dead instead of unwrapping presents together, peeps will have a bit of peace in knowledge that a ravioli loving copper acted decisively.

@iPox interesting observation of why ID was left behind. Sad that it was missed x24ish hours. Still, they did get the guy quickly.

The ISIS extremist ploughed a lorry into festive shoppers at a Berlin Christmas market on Monday night.

After fleeing the scene, he was finally shot dead by quick-thinking coppers in the Italian city of Milan after a brazen four-day jaunt through Europe via France.

A video of Amri pledging allegiance to ISIS in the days before the attack was released by the terror group this afternoon.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/24693...r-escaping-arab-spring-in-his-native-tunisia/

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    SPiEkY likes this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

DarkJello likes this.
  7. DarkJello

Notice how you keep mentioning feelings, while I continue to share articles with many dozens of relevant facts? Overall bias of a source does NOT invalidate each article 100%. Finally, keeping a close eye on "right" and "left" sites is the only way to improve knowledge of what is actually happening on this here rock.

Ohmin and Geressen like this.
  8. DarkJello

Excellent! You did not provide a link. BTW, great underwater song. 9/10.

Geressen likes this.
  9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I never talked about feelings. Daily mail likes scare mongering. I am not sure how I feel about that except for the factuality of that fact.

Also why would I link stuff I have no idea has made it into english language news yet? have I not proven to be a reliable source myself?

also they are not underwater, well they are, but they are in the realm of monsters, physics get screwy there.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

uhhhhh......

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Limes ARE racist towards lemons, stop doubting it!

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

While out and about I heard on the news they got the guy in Milan and that he had pledged support to ISIS in a video.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

no the guy was shot and killed.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

just as we sincerely hope you get planes flown into Trump tower

for the sake of America, ofcourse

Geressen likes this.
  15. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

in case anyone still doubted that the left wing supports Islamic terrorism and equates conservatives with terrorists and elections with mass murder.

absolute moral bankruptcy. BP and geressen wish death on their political opponents in defense of actual religious fanaticism.

DarkJello likes this.
  16. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

cucked all the way to their graves

17. DarkJello

BP believes that the proper way to fight the best terrorists the world has ever known is to kill 100s or 1000s of innocents in Trump Tower?

Also, at the same time, BP hates that Trump dared to say that hitting someone who is trying to harm you is ok. This stuff writes itself.

18. DarkJello

Fanaticism yes, but the ideology these terrorists hold dear is only partially religious. They are counting on the naive and idealistic to keep the doors open.

19. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

The leftist agenda can only be advanced through lies or if that doesn't work, force. And the fact that they are often atheists as well means there is no morality mitigating their desire to impose their will on others.

I made a post not long ago that the global warming agenda would have to take into account the economic well being of the middle class and the response around here was outrage.

I'm just glad I live in a country where we can still outvote these morally bankrupt fascist fuks.

20. DarkJello

You will probably be punished and/or banned for using strong and rude language. Meanwhile, wishing death on innocents will probably be ignored. Le sigh.