Truck Attack: German Xmas Market

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

You know he's (probably) being sarcastic right?

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

ssssssssshhhhhh

BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Look at these right wing sissies huddling up with a blanket as soon as their rhetoric is matched.

You wished upon us a terrible event that you believe would improve our nation, I did the same. I thought you Americans were about freedom of speech?

Geressen likes this.
  4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Ok, so this thread has descended into farce.

But.... has this ever been in question??? How many tens of thousands of muslims have died after the twin towers attacks. Two significant countries have been invaded. And several more have gone into civil war and anarchy due to the destabilising effects on the region. Individuals are tracked down and killed. A new brutal jihad has emerged as a result of this power vacuum and the wider sense of the west vs Islam, bringing murder, suffering, the near annilation of many religious minorities. Just yesterday the terrorist was shot dead by police.

But you are worried people are not hitting back? Get some Firking perspective.

I know you didn't explicitly say this but I get the impression that many people are oblivious to the world burning, the dead Iraqi, Afghan, Syrian bodies pulling up around them while reading a tabloid newspaper and saying 'we can't let them get away with this'.

BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Agreed.
    #Death2America
    :p

6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

This Bane Shift happend 15 min from my house.

We went to the Weinachtsmarkt on thursday to light a candle.

Scary, and very sad to have it happen so close to home. Even had a friend who was there like 3 hrs before it happend.

The saddest part is my gf is bulgarian, and she has friends who are moving back home because they are scared for their safety. Extremest causing xenophobia, making it so good and smart people dont get the same opportunity.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I am glad you are okay gnomes.

8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

How is my disagreement with your stated desire for terrorism at Trump Tower stifling your freedom of speech? Did I call for u to be jailed? Censored? Fined? Executed? Nope x4. I simply disagreed. And that triggered your feelZ.

What terrible event did I wish upon you?

I do own many warm blankets. Do u need one? My treat. No shame in staying warm and healthy.

9. DarkJello

I have stated my opposition to all the war and bombings many, many times here. But you guys continue to scold me a hell of a lot more than you scold Obama or HRC. Bizarre. I opposed Hillary's war, AKA Libya, from the start. I supported invasion of Iraq, but eventually realized it was a colossal mistake. I was fooled, and I admit it to one and all. HRC voted for invasion. MANY corrupt Repubs are also to blame, but let's just keep pretending DJ likes all the blood and horror. I. Do. Not! Cognitive dissonance is at insane levels. Scary to witness. 2017 will be seismic.

10. DarkJello

This "joke", if said by me about any country, would be met with scorn by almost every Lefty here.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't get why you right wingers get your feelings hurt and freak out when I exercise my freedom of speech.

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Yeah, I didn't mean that as an attack on you. I think you have many faults but i do think you are fundamentally a decent guy.

I used your post, to attack the idea that 'we' are not hitting back. We are hitting back with a sledgehammer and have been since the twin tower attack, and yet many seem to think that western countries are being weak.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. DarkJello

I love that we have these chats. Hoping that 2017 ain't nothin like 1984, both in MuriKa and around the globe.

But, sadly, even beautiful France has serious free speech challenges right now. I remain optimistic.

14. DarkJello

I misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying so quickly.

Bombing the heck out of so many people, cities and countries is immoral. Then shipping so many refugees 1000s of miles away, into a completely foreign environment, compounds the challenges. Vast majority of these folks will never be economically successful in Europe. Sad reality. Crime wave will swell until it is a tsunami. Inexorable. I believe that we should massively increase aid to refugees AND house them in their own region.

The current sledgehammer is the wrong tool for the job.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that is because in comedy you punch up the ladder and never kick down at those below you.

you dragged us into these wars remember?

BurnPyro likes this.
  16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I blame Japan. Public sentiment of American isolationism and non-interference* was quite strong until the attack on Pearl Harbor. Though certainly there's no particular reason to believe it would have remained over the past 70-ish years even without that.

*(Didn't stop many from getting involved anyway, smuggling guns and the like into the war zones or refugees out of them, it's simply that my understand was that public sentiment was generally to not get involved.)

Geressen likes this.
  17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you need to get involved to a reasonable degree.

BurnPyro and Ohmin like this.
  18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Oh I agree, but it does seem like America hasn't known the meaning of the word "reasonable" in this regard. Skipping the middle ground in favor of extremes.

Please note I don't really blame Japan. I think the sentiment of US needing to be more involved had been bubbling below in the first place, and it exploded out in the reaction to Japan's attack. I also think that politicians have been milking that sentiment and exploiting it, using whatever crisis was most recent to try and justify further imperialism under the excuse that we "need to be more involved" to prevent/put an end to further crises...

And considering the requests for previous allies to "hold up their end of the bargain" you've got other nations getting dragged into other wars. Because people go right for the extreme BS "If you're not with us, you're against us!" and the accompanying "us vs. them" mentality. It removes the "well, that's you're problem, I can probably help with some things including offering some ideas but you should solve it yourselves" (or whatever fits the situation). Though in some cases at least I'm sure it's better than the "you're on your own suckas!" line of thought, though I'm not sure which overall would have been worse.

Meh, I don't feel like I've gotten what I'm trying to say off very well this time, but I've some things to do. Maybe I'll get back to it later, or maybe this will be enough.

DarkJello, SPiEkY and Geressen like this.
  19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

german police congratulated to italian police. its the first time since 1943.

SPiEkY, DarkJello and Geressen like this.
  20. DarkJello

The following vid might very easily trigger your feelZ:

If you feel compelled to share how u feel--and only how u feel--about the vid, please abstain. West bombs and invades countries, and then turns around and invites millions of those people to move on in. Recipe for disaster much? We could aid 12 of them there or 1 of them here, for the same amount of cash. Carbon footprint of each refugee skyrockets upon entering the West. The expectation that most immigrants will find gainful employment is VERY optimistic. (That descriptor is me being kind).

Will Europe fall? I don't believe so, but next level suffering is on the horizon at current trajectory.

West needs to STOP bombing the bejesus out of Mid East and North Africa!!

Really enjoyed convo on fake news and the hive mind of Leftist collectivism. They hope for 1984, but we desire 2017. Road is gonna get uber bumpy, so I cannot predict relative victory at this early date. Still, gots to celebrate each centimeter of mvt towards more liberty.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016